Why don't they make pop-up headlights anymore?

Why don't they make pop-up headlights anymore?
What went wrong?

it doesn't matter. i want hidden ones.

governments decided they were too dangerous and would hurt pedestrians more as opposed to inset headlamps.

They aren't strictly illegal in some countries but manufacturers design cars for multiple markets so its easier just to design to the lowest common denominator.

Yep.

Also the reason why the frontal area of cars is so huge now, as this gets cars better safety ratings.

>tfw shin breaker super low FD3S
>if they survive their legs being severed they'll get decapitated by my popups

no. porsche style was never illegal
this is acceptable in any country,

Huge and slanted. If you hit someone they will roll onto the car and windscreen rather than go under the car.

just how tall do you think modern front ends are?

A lot taller than their predecessors.

Sports and supercars are not too bad for it, it mostly afflicts saloons, but even so modern cars are not as sleek in the body.

In my province it's going to be illegal for you to drive with popups and you'll be forced to either mod static headlights on your car or "donate" it to the government.

where is that?

Probably some commie shithole

It's a relatively new standard. Not to mention that they also cost less to manufacture than having to source the motors, wiring, and extra controls for a feature many don't really care about.
There are currently better solutions.

please tell me which province

Seriously though i understand regular pop up headlights hurt muh a aerodinamics and pedestrian safety, but who would be hurt by these?

I'm new to Veeky Forums, I lurk here every so often. Miata NA seem to me like Veeky Forums's mascot or meme car but honestly I find it to be one of the most cute and adorable looking vehicles ever made.

Look at those big, innocent eyes. It even has a mouth that's pleasantly surprised, like seeing the outside world with wonder and naive bewilderment. The car is rounded, no hard lines or edges, like it still has its baby fat. The first gen Miata is like this adorable kid, who can't wait to see the world, unburdened by frilly gimmicks, waiting to simply experience more road.

Miata a cute. CUTE!

theyre shit in every way

dont even blame the government

they add

weight
complication
an air brake
and look just plain awful

car companies have no reason to make their cars objectively worse anymore

no its not

cars look the way they do know because aerodynamics

weeb

Pop-ups were a way to fit sealed beam headlights into cars with low front ends.

New cars no longer use sealed beams, and modern car fronts are mostly taller anyway. Manufacturers generally aren't going to add the cost, mechanical complexity, and aerodynamic drag of pop-up headlights just for aesthetic reasons.

Gb2 facebook

Too bad its fugly

I am ok with being a special snowflake.

>my GF has two cars with pop up headlights
>i've never had one. :(

cuck

>taller

Three numbers of truth. Safety probably has something to do with it, but mostly they're just obsoleted because of advancing technology.

>weeb
>not allowed on chanz
I'm not even a weeb but I know who Veeky Forums was made for.

>The car is rounded, no hard lines or edges
Get the fuck out, New Beetle best rounded car, Miata a shit meme.

>Manufacturers generally aren't going to add the cost, mechanical complexity, and aerodynamic drag of pop-up headlights just for aesthetic reasons.
They would if they cared about what people want.

You pulled this thread from the bottom of page 10... for that post.... really?

The front end is about 6" taller on the new car than on the old.