Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/V8l_8rp-fek
torquenews.com/1084/bmw-tops-thirsty-30-list-new-vehicles-burning-excessive-oil
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who cares. It doesn't have a dipstick.

>3-cylinder engines

>doing your own maintenance
Go be poor somewhere else

No one cares. Its probably super reliable till 80k miles. Then boom. Its what bmw is known for

how do they determine this when the car is only 2 years old? most of them are probably dealer maintained leases anyways.

go be a women somewhere else

My first thought was I'd rather a Genesis. Thanks OP, thank you for giving me cancer.

they sound better than 4cyls though

You're a disgrace to real drivers

>sporty
Lol the fuck ever.
BMW DOES NOT make a sports car

post reliable BMWs

youtu.be/V8l_8rp-fek

Easy

Known for on Veeky Forums. People who don't buy clapped out $4k 15 year old BMWs with 120k of women and arab drivers don't have these problems.

Youre delusional m8

I must have deluded myself into believing my BMW I drove from 80k to 120k had no problems aside from the water pump. That's totally unreliable, definitely broken all the time, I had to fix it once. The faggots in /hg/ have to fix more shit on their cars.
inb4 you call it anecdotal, or cherry picking, it's what Veeky Forums does as well.

>inb4 you call it anecdotal, or cherry picking
But thats the truth. Just because one was ok. Doesnt mean they all are.

>reliability studies under 5-10 years
>worth a single fuck

kek!

people don't get that european cars NEED their basic maintance. in europe this is absolutely normal and no one argues with that and the cars run reliably and are durable.

burgers are so used to just do literally no maintenance at all and wonder why shit breaks down a year after they bought it (probably already fucked from craigslist).

basic maintenance is not expensive and is just something you do like fucking filling up your car.

ask Veeky Forums about the last time they changed their oil, or if they do something about strange noises they hear while driving or if they know that distilled water belongs into the radiator and not straight from the tap. ask them this and you'll know what to think about all the shitposting about yurop shitboxes.

>exploding intake manifolds and burning oil are normal maintenance

In Europe you also have to learn about maintenance when making the license (which also costs several hundreds of euros and takes several months).

As far as I know in America you get your license pretty quickly and without much info about basic car maintenance.

nice cherry picking

>cherry picking
Ok
torquenews.com/1084/bmw-tops-thirsty-30-list-new-vehicles-burning-excessive-oil

They said that about tesla too. Until actual owners corrected them.

I'm sure your car is much more sporty than an m2/m3/m4/m5

Corollas are more sporty than bmws m8. They wreck them on the track.
Bmw doest NOT make sports cars

You learn how to check the basic fluids. That's all. Most people don't check their oil at all, and assume that the mandatory annual safety inspection also checks their engine (it doesn't), meaning they don't need any other maintenance.

There's quite a few people that end up killing their engines because they aren't being lubricated.

And then the army of Muskbots started denying everything, even though going through a drive unit every 20K miles is something that definitely shouldn't happen.

fuck, I wish I had the courage to repaint my engine bay.

>CR says the worst case showed that, overall, owners of BMW 5 Series vehicles with V8 engines are 27 times as likely to suffer excessive oil consumption as owners of an average vehicle.
>CR showed the worst case showed
>the worst case
So they're basing it on the single worst case? Neato.

>27 times
>twenty seven times
TWENTY SEVEN TIMES
As a worst case.
So best case probably still 10 times more likely. Which is still unacceptable

>So best case probably still 10 times more likely.
Because fuck logic

>doesnt know what probably means
But its still probably 10 times at its best.
Otherwise they wouldnt be making a huge deal about it.

It means that it's more reliable than all the new Porsches, Mustangs, Camaros etc.

Yeah but how do they determine how reliable all those new cars are as well?

I'd say this was weak bait but it might just be what the average Toytoota buyer believes (they're retards).

Reminder: M2>M4

Its true though

what's the Toyota sports car again? the one that comes as a sports car off the showroom floor, not one you have to drop money into to make it 'sporty' around a track.

Whats that bmw sports car again?
Oh wait. They dont make one and never have.

caught u trolling, Toyota currently has a hand in the ScionBaru which is a sports car and BMW has absolutely made sports cars (looking at a Z3 out my window right now).

unless you're legit retarded and like posting videos of shity looking econoboxes tarted up with stickers.

>corolla holding up racing traffic

HOLY SHIT I FUCKING LOVE LAPTIMES

Moron
If i would have said FRS you could have said its not a sports car cuz of some made up thing or posted fakelaptimes or whatever else you morons do.
BMW doesnt make a sports car and never has

Whatever you gotta tell yourself to feel better

M2 weight?

Lol. Is this 1 person trolling or multiple? BMWs are literally the best cars.

a s s b l a s t e d

FRS is absolutely a sports car and it looks swank as fuck but GUESS WHAT, apart from cost it gets B L O W N away by Bimmers and why pay any money for a car that's both slow and impractical?

and you can't afford an FRS anyways, you mom's-Corolla driving shitposter. B)

>frs
>impractical
Wut?
Itll also last longer than any bmw
>talks about being slower
Bmws arent sports cars.
Nor is anyone driving on tracks to get to work.

>M series
>not sports car

>consumer Reports
post discarded.
Consumer Reports doesn't look at actual instances of anything actually breaking. They just post their "Projected" reliability rankings. Do you know what projected means? It means they pulled this shit from their ass so they can now tout it as fact.

JD Powers at least looks at things that actually went wrong.

Its a hopped up luxobox
Not a sports car

CR are a bunch of faggots with a hardon for Honda/Toyota.

I wonder how loud they grumbled and complained having to stick a 'Recommended' label on the Mazda3/6, because ''WELLLL THEY'RE NOT MADE BY HONDA OR TOYOTA SO..."

inb4 maybe they're just good cars, sorry no, they made some fuckups along the way but you'd never know that reading CR.

It probably couldn't even beat his mom's Corolla down the dragstrip!

Cuz the bmw would break upon launch

bmw's arent sports cars but BMW is still the most tracked car brand ever for a reason

nice photoshopped screenshot.

the e36 328i does a sub 7 second 0-60

300k and no boom on my engine. Please tell me more about how terrible german engeneering is?

>photoshopped
the 318's are famously slow.

my mate is daily driving a 910k km (565k mile) E46 330d lmao

This an ee6 weighs 3200 at most in sedan varient and the M44 produces 140bhp

This screenshot is shit and you should kill yourself.

Reliability studies are always dominated by German and Japanese cars. The problem is to get around anticompetitive laws VW, Merc and BMW started to let septics build cars with those names on them. Look at the BMWs with the known reliability issues they all roll out of South Carolina, when the Indonesian, Russian, Mexican and Egyptian plants can roll out better built more reliable vehicles of the same model you know the fault is with the workers in that plant.

No... they arent

>he thinks its a shop
Hahaha

what's you're point, that there are slow versions of the 3 series? hardly a revelation

Do you learn how to do code just because you like computers? Do you make your own clothes since you like fashion/looking nice? Do you hunt your own food every single day?

Dumb logic

You're in a board for auto enthusiasts you retard. If you go to /g/, most people do know at least some coding.

I've had three bmw's 535i and two 335i. All needed a lot more than just regular maintenance. Lucky they had warranty. Just some of the problems. Traction control breaking caused my tires to go out of alignment which made all my tires wear wrong and had a blowout. Replaced water pump, turbo, injectors and that's just some of it. I have pages of work done on these cars.

I dont think you realize how many cars a company like GM sells.

>n-no!
>i-it can't be possible!!

>>Toyotafags so BTFO they have to keep shopping screenshots to try and convince people.

top lel m8 B)

Miata is the most raced car in the world at any given moment.
Try harder fanboy

>most raced car
that is the E30 and E30 M3.
But still, I was talking about the most tracked brand not most tracked car, try again.

>that is the E30 and E30 M3.
Nope.
Go read.
Its slower than a corolla too

What has that got to do with the price of apples?

Good job missing the point faggot. Being proud of changing your oil is fucking pleb boomer tier shit

The E30 is the car with the most racing wins ever, look it up
but BMW is the most tracked car brand ever