Winter is quickly approaching what winter tires have you guys had luck running?

Winter is quickly approaching what winter tires have you guys had luck running?

Other urls found in this thread:

kentowery.com/tire/Kelly/Edge-A-S/195-60R15?sku=356475026&sid=
autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/05/cooper-tire-discoverer-at-w-follow-up-tire-review.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>winter tires

Usually I buy fresh all seasons for the winter.

Ones with a tread pattern that I like.

That's stupid. Get proper winters, performance in the snow isn't even comparable

>Get winters

Firestone, please.

t. someone whose never had a proper winter before

im pretty happy with my vredestein snowtrac 3 on my 15 inches

Nokia hakkapeliitta 7 are elder god tier

Can you get these in the us?

Probably, if its a waste of money, you can surely get it here.

>winter is quickly approaching
it's august.

I like to be prepared. I would rather have them and not need then not have them and need them. Plus I have the cash to order now won't hurt them to sit in the garage for a bit.

Drove my vette in the snow with Hankook ventus v12. Worked like a charm, slipped and slid toll about 30 mph and then was fine and dandy from there.

I haven't had much "issue" with any winter tire, but there are definitely big differences between premium ones and cheap chinese ones

I trust all the big brands to make a decent tire, with Nokian, Michelin, Goodyear and Continental all putting out damned good tires

Grabbing myself a set of Hakkapeliitta 8 SUV's around the middle of October

The same all-weather tires I run all summer as well.

I'll just slow down if I encounter ice or snow. Not worth having 'winter' tires just for cold water instead of warm.

None because i like going sideways in a rwd v8.

also i know how to drive

Come spend one winter in Quebec then we'll talk about your good driving

Tracks

Chains are downstairs

tiger paw on the shitbox

yokohama a/t geolandars on the truck

Stock GY low rolling resistance.

:^)

Any experience with Blizzaks? I've heard a lot of good stuff about them

Are Blizzaks really THAT good? Heard Ontario winters can be really bad and want to be prepared.

Some cheap studded german retreads. It works well enough.

I bet you also drive auto.

>mfw miami

>winter
>san diego

Pick 1

I liked my General's, but after slamming the brakes in a heavier car wearing Hakka's I just can't not believe those are best-tier.

>snow tires
Nope.jpeg.wma.wav.bmp
I'll be running my Firestone Precision Sports still. I drive a fwd stick, I mean fucking Pirellis or Radial slicks would be good enough for snow and ice. Git gud (and don't stall on the freeway).

>be me
>put in an ave. of 100 days a year of snowboarding
>over the years I've driven in all sorts of adverse weather conditions
>drive cautiously to what the environment is doing
>use awesome set of studded snow tires
>never an issue
>see faggots like you in your truck, car or (mainly) SUV with your sweet "all season tires"
>can point out with good certainty who will cause an accident
>road conditions change while driving; it's almost gauranteed
>watch the all season tire drivers spin off the road into a snow drift or rear end someone
>generally witness this happening about 1 to 2 times a week throughout the winter on one little stretch of interstate that I travel frequently

You fucking casuals put everyone at risk around you when you think your superior all season tires are made for winter conditions. Guess what? They aren't. There is plenty of information to explain why all season tires are inferior in winter conditions. Of course, Les Schwab is more than happy to sell shit tires all day long to ignorant consumers; it's all about the tread pattern, bruh. When shitlords like you spin off the highway into snow deep enough to leave you stranded, I keep on driving by with no fucks given- it was your choice to buy shit tires. Pro Tip: If you're too cheap/stubborn to pick up proper winter tires, at least make sure you have an outstanding insurance policy

>south texas

ayyylmaoo

I'm pretty sure 178.6% of that is driver error and not a fault of bad tire choice. Slow down, leave space, it really is that simple.

I'll be running whatever I have on the car now. Not even North Dakota winters can stop my Metro.

I know this is more for winter tires, but I'm too poor for two sets of tires, and these seem to be a decent pair for all-seasons that have good snow grip. Thoughts?
kentowery.com/tire/Kelly/Edge-A-S/195-60R15?sku=356475026&sid=

bridgestone re-11's

Same. Because I don't have to worry about buying an extra set of "winter" tires for winter.
Stay cucked winter fags

my cheapass set of FUZIIONS say fuck you OP

>extreme summer tire
>winter cuck

I wear through a set of tires in a year on average. I've driven a rwd, FWD, and currently an awd car through the winter here. The all seasons I pick out do fine in the winter. Plenty of grip on snow.

>buy all seasons
>have shit performance in every seasons

Poorfags I swear. Buy max performance summers and good winters or just get off Veeky Forums.

I've been running Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06's.

When I picked these up they were among the top three all seasons available for my vehicle, but like $40~50+ cheaper. They've been nothing but amazing since.

On a daily shit box it isn't so bad an idea. For your super rally get yourself murdered mobile, yeah I'd totally agree can't beat having two sets.

snow driving is more about not being an idiot than tires, 2bh.
No super sharp cornering and sudden acceleration, and lead your momentum into hills so that you don't run out halfway up... steady pedal and you won't slip a bit.

Califags don't get this, and when they come out to Colorado they'll try to floor it going up a snowy hill and spin their tires while slowly drifting back downhill.

Same fag here.

Forgot to mention that I also understand the limit of my all seasons and drive accordingly.

I live somewhere that gets just as much ice and snow m8

those are legal for winters in canada
bf all terrain t/a k02

wait, an user at Veeky Forums owns that blue mazda?

damn, such a nice truck

its alright, bought it around a month ago, had some issues with the transmission cooler but the dealer fixed it.
Bought it as a winter "beater" and its worth more than my summer car lol

>mfw Cincinnati

if it snows enough here to justify winter tires, the city just shuts down. i get to save money on tires and work from hom

I have these shitty tires nexen n5000s all season that came brand new on the car when I bought it a year ago they kinda of suck In the snow but I haven't gotten stuck just a lot of tire spin and they are super loud on the highway for some reason. I want new ones but I don't want to spend the money on them

It doesn't snow where I live.

It doesn't drop below 60 F either.

Going on my third season with these Dunlop Wintermaxx's. They have about 12k on them, I'll probably end up replacing them halfway through the season, don't have the cash right now and there are no deals going on since its right before the winter season.

They are halfway decent if you replace them every season. Won't buy them again, probably will just buy Blizzak WS80's

Winter Forces are good cheap snows that last a long time, they are also noisy

Glacier Grips II's are also decent cheap snows, but don't last as long.

I've also ran Graspic's and they were awful.

Ws60 - ok tire, but the design and performance is old and outperformed

Ws70 - no experience

Ws80 - very good in snow and decently priced, but ice grip leaves a lot to be desired when compared to its big competitors

I ski, so I know a bit about snow driving too.

However, I have to drive a couple of hours on the freeway in conditions over 50 degrees, often into the 70s, before I even get to the bottom of the mountains, and that means snow tires would get torn to pieces in no time. CHP requires chains when driving in the mountains in the winter, too, so that negates a lot of the reason to have snow tires.

I'd love to be able to run proper winter tires, but it's not practical without swapping tires on the side of the road, and I'd still have to use chains anyway.

These sound like what you need.... autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/05/cooper-tire-discoverer-at-w-follow-up-tire-review.html

Winter tire expert here

Firestone Winterforce are the shittiest tires on the market. The design is almost 20 years old and should have been replaced 10 years ago. They're shit when new, wear quickly, shoulder blocks wear unevenly, and the shoulder blocks start to tear off on 55 and 50 series sizes after a couple years.

Hakka 8 is out as of winter before last. Unless you're buying a studded set, always buy R2s instead. Studless is way better than unstudded studdable.

Yes, in the northeast.

>this nigga
If that's the excuse you're going with for not buying tires, it's not a good one. I spent all last winter looking out my side windows in my M3, and I have the best winter tires.

see
Precision sports have been discontinued for a couple years now. git gud. if you had slicks in the winter, on any type of snow you could literally be in gear, both front tires spinning and car not moving.

They'll be shitty in any kind of snow. I like Firestone FR710 for cheap all seasons. Don't buy from Walmart and get a tire with the most siping possible.

Drive someone elses car with winter tires, you'll notice the difference

>No super sharp cornering and sudden acceleration
You're right. Except what you don't realize is you'll be driving like this and look in your mirror and see a long line of cars stuck behind you because they can drive faster just as safely.

There all seasons that are 3PMSF rated out there. It's a pretty new tire class, so there aren't many choices.

What in the fuck is going on with that car

>Rear wheel drive car
>Winters on front
>All seasons on rear

full retard

How suitable are the Falken Ziex for all season in NYC?

Poor as fuck and need a new set before winter comes.

I never said winter tires aren't better, just that all seasons are adequate for me.

But if you got winter tires you could go sideways even faster with your RWD V8

>not knowing this
>being a good driver

Pick one pussy

If you do not have Yokohama winter tires you are in trouble.

If only they had summer tires in 255/70R16

Blizzak WS-80

I would definitely buy again

General Altimax Arctic checking in here, anyone have experience with them?

They'll be on a first gen Forester in Colorado, looking forward to fucking snow in the ass

The point I was making is that I don't live in a place where it snows. Winters where I live get to about 55 degrees and that's it.

Why shouldn't I buy a tire from Walmart?

Why wouldn't you? They are cheap

The same tires I buy all year round because I don't live in a shitty state that has the worst season.

Continental and Vredestein, user. Get ones with lamelated patterns. Shit grips like gecko feet.

For the 5 days you need them. Solid investment.

So, what happens if the snow melts? Do you have to pull over and change back to summer tires again? Or do you just fuck the roads up with studded tires?

Studded tires aren`t that bad at all. The salt and temp changes are more likely to fuck up the roads. Not to mention overloaded commercial vehicles and such..

Druatracs are God

>Cincinnati
OH shit.
Cincy meet up when?

May I ask for someone to answer this?
I'm on budget too.

>Phoenix

Finally good cruising weather! Fuck this heat!

Is it inadvisable to put chains on a FWD car?

Nah, it helps quite a lot if you don't have proper tires

But, as the case with any chains, should only be used when you need it. Don't be like the danes over here, who attach them on the ferry to Norway and then drive the 3.5 hour drive (5 for them) and back with the chains on

This. Fuck you OP

Thanks user.

I do love norway but the roads are absolute shit. wtf are you doing with the oil money?

How does that not wear the chains into dust?

A cincy meetup would be sick!

Is it just us two? Who else Cincy?
Any Dayton, NKy, SE Indy?

Looks like the snowflake-rated all seasons only come in truck sizes, though. I have the Ecoboost FiST meme so those won't work, and even if I had full Scandinavia-tier snow tires I'd still have to run chains because stupid CA DOT rules. (Only AWD with snow tires on all four wheels can go without chains.)

I have blizzaks on my old shitbx volvo which happens to also be my beater, no surprise there.

I wanted to go full volvofag and get vredesteins but they were unavailable at the time.

The sad thing is my benz with all weather tires does better in the snow than my volvo with snow tires but I don't really care if i stuff the volvo.

Might buy cooper cs3's the end of this week, 63 a tire sounds nice for my jdm hoon rice machine swag yolo

Just replace your summer air with winter air it'll be fine go ahead :^)

Anything located in Cincy is within an hour of those areas which is good

I've had some pirelli ice zero's on my winter wheels for 6 or 7 winters and they've been really good.
I'm in northern alberta so we get a pretty long snowy winter here. I have them on for about 6 months of the year usually.

I've been using Continental Extreme Winter Contacts on the daily driver econo box, 70 miles RT daily commute. 3 seasons on them, and I may be able to get a 4th. I'll probably just get a set of Hakkapeliittas though.

Related question, who here has a dedicated set of steelies for their winters?
Also, TPMS installed?

General Grabber Red Letters.

Wear like iron and they give no fucks up here in the Nebraska winter.