Why arent people buying STis anymore?

Why arent people buying STis anymore?

boiracers grew up

because the WRX has a better engine.

u wot

Because i want a 90s RS op :(

EJ is old shit, FA is superior

Standard WRX has a more usable powerband for street driving

Because the regular WRX comes in automatic lol.

Because theyre mini vans now
t. subaru fan

It's been on the market long enough for the terrible reliability issues to become known by everyone.

what do you think i could sell a 2005 sti with 100k miles for best case scenario

12k and it would sell in a month

Because flat engines are dumb

For 12K it'll sell quick. I bought my '06 WRX for 12 and it had just over 100K kilometres. You could probs squeeze up to 15
K if you find an enthusiast to buy it.

Insurance premiums are too expensive for the age range of their primary demographic

I'm thinking about buying a 2014 STI hatch.

Would I be making a mistake?

Ehh yes and no

Literally the opposite here. All I see are sti's and wrx's

I've been reading about the ringland issues. The cars I'm looking at still apparently have factory warranties active, and I'm going to ask for a compression+leakdown test be done before I buy, so I feel like my ass can be covered...

Do you have something else in mind when you say yes?

Nobody wants an SUV

im partial to first gen imprezas so thats why. An sti in any year is good but why spend all the money on a newer one when you can build a 1rst gen up to destroy anything!

I actually want the creature comforts of a newer car and don't want to race. I just want a fun car to drive that can carry an assload.

Aww thats a shame..
You arent going to...stance it right?

Because STI and RALLIART don't mean what they used to anymore, thanks to safety, numales and the FIA being gay.

fuck no.

>old ones are just lighter versions of the new ones
>insurance premiums
>WRX is cheaper, has the newer FA engine
>WRX can be riced out to look like the STi
>vapers and stancefags don't actually care about going fast
>no more Gen Blogg

I fear it may soon follow the Evo into the grave.

Okay you may proceed. 04 sti and your good to go.

Plenty of people are buying STis around me, where do you live? Zimbabwe?

What's wrong with a GR?

I want it to last as long as possible, would rather not get something that already has 10+ years of daily driving on it.

Nothing is wrong with them.

But a 04 will last for years to come.

I also live in the 90s and early 00s so that would explain a lot of things.

new engine in wrx is better and the difference in price gets you faster than an STI

What makes it better?

less explodey

This desu

Right, the ringland thing.

I think I'm ok with the risk as long as the engine is in warranty.

>Twin-scroll turbo
>Direct injection
>Engine design from this century
>Fat torque curve
>Better MPG

The EJ had a good run. Amazing engine, really. But it's just old. You have to remember it originally came out in the late 80's. It's been tweaked and tuned over the last 30 years, which made it last as long as it did.

30 years is a long time for an engine design, no matter how much you massage it. The new FA platform is just more advanced with modern features.

The greater low end torque is attractive (so is the efficiency and a few creature comforts from the 2015+ models) but I'm not sure it's worth it to me to give up the hatchback. I'm not sure I can really let the cargo capacity go as a feature, guns luggage and my target shit take up a lot of space and I'm afraid the sedan won't be able to carry it all conveniently.

Right now I feel like I'm in an awkward indecisive spot. I'd rather not have to work myself over the ringland issue (I want a reliable car and the toyota I've been driving for the last 7 years has spoiled me for that) but at the same time I'm having a hard time finding a car that fills the niche a late model STI hatch fills.

Asking for alternatives has been sort of a crapshoot as well, I don't really want something that's nearly twenty years old (I say as I'm looking at a 2 year old car with a 30 year old engine design) and I don't want something that will be making frequent hops onto jackstands. I feel like the free market is failing me goddamnit.

In other words I'm a big picky baby and I don't know what I want. Fuck.

people are waiting for the new engine

because they use condom hahaha xddd

Murrica!

Because it's retarded waiting for my turbo to kick in at 5k rpms

Damn shame no UEL headers on New WRX

>performance of a 6 cylinder sports coupe
>consumption of an 8 cylinder pick up
I wonder.

Because there's not a lot of money in being an LGBTQ+ SJW.

The engine is old and outdated, they're probably going to finally get rid of the engine with this last generation they've put it into, I'm excited to see what they put in next gen.
I've never seen a tumblrina drive one.

fuck off ricer its the sound of slow

eh, i average 13 mpg in my challenger w/ the 6.4 and 8 speed while my buddy gets 21.3 or something in his 15' STI.

The STI doesn't get great mpg but defiantly better than most V8 powered cars

Let's say I got about 35k to blow on a good fun reliable car. Was stuck between wrx sti and evo. Just heard about the focus rs but can't find one for sale. What does o think about the focus rs and where can I find one in the Pacific north west? Thx