You wanna go slow? There's a lane for that

You wanna go slow? There's a lane for that.
You wanna go fast? There's also a lane for that.

Why do people have to fuck up this perfectly good setup?

You concerned for your safety? Let the douche tailgating you pass. You obviously aren't concerned for your safety if you are holding him up. You just wanna be a bigger douche and troll him for as long as possible.

>You tailgate me I'll brake check you
Everyone has dash cams. Joke's on you.

Video:
youtube.com/watch?v=4oqfodY2Lz0

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon_curve
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are you dense?
Some people do 60 in a 65
Some people do 90 in a 65
They all need to move around each other at some point.
Funny thing is the speed LIMIT is 65.
It is illegal to go faster.
Die in a car fire plz

>Funny thing is the speed LIMIT is 65.
>It is illegal to go faster.
I can see why you still ride the bus; you must have failed the written exam dozens of times

> unsheathes katana
> teleports behind car
Nothin personnel, kia

it's illegal to do faster but not your job and illegal to try to stop

always yield to faster traffic, and speeding becomes much less of a safety issue.

even if it somehow didn't it's safer to yield and let them speed, because they tend to try to go around you and make things more dangerous for everyone else.

EVEN if they don't do that, a buildup of traffic behind you causes congestion which increases accidents.

>60 in a 65
Use right lane pls.

>90 in a 65
Use left lane pls.

>Limit 65
It's 85 in Texas and they are becoming more and more common everywhere else.

Why are the soccer moms trying to be vigilantes? Just let us pass, we won't bother you. You are literally trying to incite a major car accident and encourage people to jump into the right lane to pass you.

Smart driver right here.

Watch the video people. It's not the speeding that is more likely to cause an accident, it's the variance in speed.

Also, autobahn in Germany where the speed is unlimited has less accidents than the USA and that's because people can follow the rules. In the USA there's metatrolls and SJWs doing whatever they think is safe and they are the ones that cause most of the accidents and congestion.

If I ever become a state legislator I'm going to slip a bill through that makes it a class A misdemeanor to fail to keep right except to pass, with a minimum 1 year sentence.

Never said you should try to stop them.
But obviously someone obeying the law and doing thr speed limit would eventually need to pass someone.
Not all freeways have more than 2 lanes. So they will need to get into the left lane to pass someone legally.
If YOU werent breaking the law, this wouldnt be an issue. The roads would be much safer.

I do 80 in the left lane daily in upstate NY. Cops never bother me because i dont swerve in and out of other lanes. Plus the cops cruise 90 all the time.

breaking what law?

Impeding traffic.

>It is illegal to go faster

Possessing images of little cartoon girls is illegal too but that's okay right? Faggot.

Speeding is against the law
No. You sick fuck

What idiot doesn't know this? I thought it was common knowledge.

>What idiot doesn't know this?
90% of the morons on the road.

at least in the US
during my visits to germany lane discipline was generally extremely good

That's because the Autobahn was designed and built by Nazis, and the US highway system was designed and built by retards.

>it's 85 in Texas
You have 85 mph speed limits? What the fuck? That's amazing

it is not illegal to drive speed limit. you THINK they are trying to stop you, in reality they are just obeying the law.

Fixed it for you OP

Just so you know, there are more accidents related to slow drivers in the left lane than there are people speeding in the left lane. That's a fact.

If it actually happened like this everything would be fine, because the sanic green car could just pass the red car on the right after they pass the yellow car

You forgot a few things

nailed it

>b-but MUH RIGHT TO SPEED

Yet the green car IRL will be riding the red car's ass for the whole 3 seconds it takes to overpass, see

i'm not that user, but it makes sense to me. modern cars are much better equipped to cruise comfortably at high speeds, and everybody drives fast anyway, so this will just reduce reckless driving tickets

it is typically illegal to fail to yield in the passing/fast lane.

This.
Everyday.

Also, On ocassion.

>I may be breaking the law by speeding like a madman
>but YOU Are breaking the law by impeding ME!
>I'm not the problem YOU ARE YOU SOCCER MOM!

You wanna drive? There's a lane for that.
You wanna pass someone? There's also a lane for that.

Why the fuck do people not know how this works. Speed is irrelevant, fast lane and slow lane are the wrong names. You have the right lane, and the passing lane, simple. You finish passing someone, you move back into the right lane.

Might have been funny, if Kia was bigger..

Does that mean that ol' clyde in his 70's pick em up truck is fucked when it comes to the highway? Or does he just like hide in the right lane going 65, hoping kids don't hit him

My right to not getting a photo radar ticket fucks your right to speed in the ass. If I need to pass i will use that lane. But i will only be passing people who are slower than me. If I pull into tje passing lane and the asshole speeds up... just wait the 12 extra seconds it might take to figure out what the hell the guy in the left lane is doing.

Yeah, as long as you're using the lane correctly, to pass, you're ok. Just make sure to go back to the right when you're done.

>In slow lane doing 70 ish
>over taking plebs in the middle lane and fast lane because they don't know how a fucking motorway works
>Suddenly: old guy in a nissan juke doing 50 in the fast lane
>Pulls across all three lanes
>Lands directly in front of me and slams his brakes on
>MFW
>Pull into middle lane
>tut & baka

Are you retarded? In that situation you just slow until the red car passes yellow. It only gets shitty in OP's situation when they go the same speed and you CAN'T pass in either lane.

Fixed that for you

Typically those kind of people don't use the interstate anyway. They should just use some back roads where the limit is 55.

>Also, autobahn in Germany where the speed is unlimited has less accidents than the USA and that's because people can follow the rules.
Most of our accidents on the autobahn are caused by truck drivers and people not paying attention. Accidents caused by someone going faster than 120kph are rare because you're usually alert at that speed, making it actually safer than soccer mom speeds where people decide to browse on their phones. I'm going faster on my daily way to work than Americans ever will legally on public roads.

A bit of history:
Back in the 50' some smart guys somewhere in England got together and made up the traffic code that EVERYONE IN THE WORLD uses today.
Well, except which side of the road is the right side but ... anyway,
The idea behind it being that everyone has to do some effort towards everyone else's good.
So you have rules that are universally fair and with a LITTLE BIT of thought can be used to solve any situation you might find yourself in.
The kind of rules that if anyone respects, there will be no accidents. Basically there's no situation where all participants follow all the rules and you still have an accident (except when outside stuff intervenes like a tree falling on the road).
The problem with these rules is that they require attention and judgment:
>assess the situation around you in order to ADJUST YOUR SPEED to the road and traffic conditions
>assess your own condition before driving (you might be tired, angry, drunk, high)
But then come the politicians with their limited understanding of the physical world who start passing laws that either:

-say the same thing as the traffic code but in a more restricted and convoluted way, like punishing people for texting when you already have the legal framework for NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO THE ROAD. But guess what? Some "politician" laws have loopholes, like here in Maryland:
>illegal to talk on a cell phone
>unless you are stopped at a stop light or a stop sign
>but if you started talking while stopped, you can continue talking while driving

-say something that contradicts the traffic code; like speed limits.
>traffic does 70 in a 55
>you go 70 - you break one law; the law that is more likely to COST YOU MONEY
>you go 55 - you break another one; the law that is most likely to keep you from having an accident

yes,all the studies looking at SPEED DIFFERENTIALS show that going 15 under is just as dangerous as going 30 over
and 5 over is the safest

In reality it's something like this.

>Red car slooooooowly creeping past yellow car
>Thinks he is fine
>Sees tailgater behind him
>watdo.png
>Keeps creeping and 5 miles later once he passes 25 cars or so decides to finally get in the right lane
>Gives you "FUCK YOU FOR ENDANGERING US" look as you speed by with 20 cars on your ass
>Decides to be an even bigger prick and brake check next time

and then you have internet warriors that don't understand how stuff works, they can't understand how someone might want to be treated as equal and use the second type of law (speed limits) to explain why the first type of law (keep right unless passing) is wrong

>it is not illegal to drive speed limit
Keep right except to pass. It's the law here.

The worst are cunt truckers who are in such a hurry that they absolutely have to block traffic in the left lane for five minutes while they pass another truck governed half a mile per hour slower than them.

If I ever become a highway patrolman, I'm pulling them over and finding a kilo of heroin in their cab.

Anybody who says that speeding is okay clearly should not have been given a license. Yes, it's not other peoples job to stop it(who aren't law enforcement). But if you read the hand book, it clearly states that the limit is the maximum speed you should be allowed to go. Yes, driving in the left lane is illegal.
Yes, speeding is illegal.
Read the handbook again niggers, it's clear that most of you need a refresher.

Not even close. Here in california it's this.

Yellow = 90% of people going over 65(SL here)
Red = 100% of people going 85+
Green = Jerk off going 95+

In a perfect world..

Yellow = going 60-65 mph
Red = 65 in right lane
green = 65 -70 mph

I think the point he's trying to convey is, you can't speed just because the left lane is the passing lane. That's not how the law works.

So if everyone is going the a tad below speed limit in the right lane, you can't just go on the left lane then go 75+ because reasons.

In a perfect world in a 3 lane highway,
Left = 85+
Middle = 65-85
Right =

I want bongistan to leave

It feels good knowing that this would never happen.

I'm tired of going around 10 miles over the speed limit, passing people in the right lane and having some douche trying to go 25 over getting up in my ass. I'm not pulling over and getting stuck in traffic because you want to drive like a retard.

I can deal with people going a reasonable speed in the left lane during moderate traffic. I give them plenty of space.

They can fucking move over though.

This, lol.

Speeders have such an entitled mentality. Not everyone needs to adjust their course just so YOU can drive faster, you speeders.

Inb4 they claim the people obeying the speed limit are somehow the entitled ones.

Any American vehicle built in the 70s for public roads should do 85 easily

To be fair, left lane grandmas also have that entitled mentality - "this lane will do whatever speed I'm driving at."

To take it one step further, they'll also bitch about safety but ignore the fact that the right lane is probably the safest place to be on the highway. Then they'll purposely piss off left lane drivers and wonder why there's a lynch mob on their ass.

Be curious of other drivers. Sometimes I speed. Other times I'll want to drive slow so I'll get in the right lane. Like why troll people when road rage is a serious thing that can literally get you killed?

>going 15 under is just as dangerous as going 30 over
Stopped reading right there

of course, why would you bother to challenge you deep rooted biases when society allows you to live a decent life (not die) while being stupid/ignorant?
anyway, for curious people, here:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon_curve

basically, ignoring all the (potential) biases, the finding that everyone agrees with is that the bigger the difference between your speed and the traffic's speed (either way), the higher the chance of an accident proving that "adjusting the speed to road and traffic conditions" is way better than "drive the speed limit"

>everyone going under 70mph
>perfect world
Go back to your classic car forum, grandpa

those are safety laws
if the speed you're travelling at is appropriate for the road and safe, it's not actually a problem unless you love sucking off your local police department

>trying to change lanes
>car in that lane speeds up and doesn't let you in despite the fact that he wouldn't be able to make any progress since there's another car in front of them
I hope each and every single one of those fuckers eats their windshield

except thats exactly not how it works you fucking imbecile, you yield to faster traffic

true too many incompetent drivers who lose their bearings when traveling faster than 45 mph

he said left hand lane and used the american spelling for licence and didn't refer to the police as a "bobby" or some other retarded shit

that's what he was saying

It's late, I forgive him!