What do you think the next desirable car that will start to gain value is?

What do you think the next desirable car that will start to gain value is?
My bet's on the second gen eclipse gsx who survived the 00s fnf era

But those are ugly and mostly FWD

Acura rsx

Any g35 that is manual. Modern day 240sx

>Gsx fwd
Wew lad
Meh, they aren't that rare, 350z on the other hand

too new.

Manual sedans are much harder to find than 350z manuals

If their prices didn't go up in early to mid 00s they sure as hell aren't gonna climb now

Yeah, but the 350z will be seen in 10-20 years in the same way as the 240z is today

I predict the same for the 1rst gen G as well. Look at how sc300 prices are going up too. The manual ones fetch a decent price and its very similar to the supra. Plus the first gen Gs and Zs aged very well.

Here in Australia I reckon limited edition Falcodores will start going up considering they're ceasing production.

>I'm retarded: the post
camaros, Mustangs and Chargers didn't start gaining in value until they were 30

>Tfw i'll never own a mint commodore vl
I hate you Ausfags

Third generation F-bodies.

Non molested and bubba'd examples are already rare.

You think my ugly 90 talon will gain value as well?

Vr4s

Cheap ones are being purchased for parts and decent condition ones are going up in value.

This is more noticeable with 2nd 3rd gens

E36.

I think all sporty mitsubishi's in general

I highly doubt it.

If anything, the 350Z will be seen more like the way we see the Z31 or Z32 today: as a good-looking and reasonably quick but not very special performance car.

The 240 is remembered the way it is because of how revolutionary it was. It was the first car to combine the performance and styling of a high-end sports car with an affordable price and reliability and build quality that made it a truly usable car, and it's also remembered because it was the first truly successful Japanese performance car on the international market. The 350Z was a good car, but it was just another entry in a class that had been around for decades, and it also wasn't truly great in any notable way.

If there's a "modern 240Z" at all, I think it'll probably be the S2000. They're already appreciating in value, and unlike the 350Z, there really hasn't been anything like it from any manufacturer or nation in the 15+ years since it was introduced. The only thing I can think of that's close to comparable is the Boxster, and that cost twice as much new as the S2K did, plus it was much less of a "purist" car.

>there really hasn't been anything like it from any manufacturer or nation in the 15+ years since it was introduced
I don't have the image of the NC dyno overlaid on the AP2 dyno, but I'd just like to remind you that the NC makes about 5 more horsepower all the way up until it redlines at 6800 RPM (then the S2000 continues onward to make quite a bit more power). The point is that for the entire time that you're under 7000 RPM, you're just driving a heavier, slower, more expensive Miata with a worse interior and a toxic fanbase.

>there really hasn't been anything like it from any manufacturer or nation in the 15+ years since it was introduced.
excuse me?

I agree that they're overrated, but I think it's still the car that's going to be the collector's item in the long term. As time goes by, the low-RPM street drivability is going to be less and less of an issue, and people are just going to focus on the sky-high redline and track/canyon cred.

Massive build quality/reliability issues, handled like shit for what it was, and minimal aftermarket. I think the Sky/Solstice were cool cars, and I'm not an S2K fanboy, but the two can barely be compared. The S2K has its shortcomings but it was a damn well-sorted car from the factory and impeccably built.

But only the m3
Depending on the trim level and the condition, also any pics?

While this may be true why would it matter?

If your racing or on the togay or driving quickly you downshift? The gear ratios are so tight a redline shift keeps you in vtek making far more power than a Miata?

>the 240Z was revolutionary
wew lad

I'm just imaging myself in my 70s seeing a future version of Barret Jackson and seeing a mint 1989 Mazda miata with a 6-digit price tag and a clean as fuck JDM Silvia s13/14/15 that has never been drifted going for millions due to the sheer rarity of them staying stock over the decades.

>1991 240SX hatch
>Only 114,000 original miles
>Period correct modifications by third owner, including S15 front end swap with Odyssey headlights, RB25DET swap, and TEIN monotube coilovers
>Only $825,000
>No lowballers, I know what I got.

Nope, no, never, not in the least. There is nothing impressive or special about them, even non-riced.

Unmolested integras.

I don't see mitsubishi making a awd coupe anytime soon though