What went wrong?

Lexus Edition

People couldn't stop slamming them how "boring" Lexus cars looked and Lexus finally snapped and went full retard.

Nothing.
The 2nd gen IS is the worst gen, despite the IS-F.

New RX is one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen. Aztek-rivaling...

I will never get the appeal of base model "luxury" cars

>Sells Sports cars
>No manuals

post best lexus

if its not pic related then youre wrong

3rd gen got a lot of things right from a driving dynamics standpoint. Still highly disappointing to me that it's slower, and I will never accept that hideous face.

>continuation of bland early 2000s/late 90s lexus design language

>unique and bold signature design

what went right?

>2nd gen IS250 actually has manual
>it's a shit

Show me one aesthetic car Lexus ever made besides the Soarer.

>making lexuses look like predators is futuristic and progressive

The Japs, like always, are replicated European/Italian styling cues from BMW as well as the likes of Lamborghini.

I was a Lexus Technician and underneath all that makeup is still the same sheet-metal unibody and mess of wires just like a regular fucking Toyota Camry. Don't let the shitty NAV system and leather trim fool you.

Do you think this is some sort of revelation? that's the whole point of lexus, known reliability of Jap internals wrapped in leather with a more luxurious ride

>Boyracer: The Car

Every manufatcure does this, even a Rolls Royce is just a hand built 7 Series and Bentleys are VW Phaetons

That's the thing. You're paying thousands of dollars more for vanity when the underlying car is just still a Toyota Camry.

They offer nothing more than looks for the same vehicle with a reskin. To some people that money could be spend on real luxury cars the likes of BMW or Audi.

Boyracers couldn't afford them when they came out.

>You're paying thousands of dollars more for vanity when the underlying car is just still a Toyota Camry.
That's only true of the Lexus ES (aka the retard trap)

Even at that you don't even get the luxury you pay for. I've had to replace thousands of melting fucking dashboards on all the IS/ES/RX/LX models.

Just saying. They look cool but they're nothing more than swirling the body lines around to make the car look more than it's worth. I cringe when I look at the prices of these cars when people could afford a European equivalent which is what the Japs couldn't get right in my opinion. They're not any more reliable at all even coming from Toyota. 2016 models roll off the lot with all sorts of leaks. Brake fluid, oil, powersteering, you name it.

I went and test drove an RC 350 last weekend. Thinking about getting one as a daily. It was SOOOOOOOOOO comfy and quiet and soft and squishy and delicious. Even in Sport + suspension was soft. 8 Speed did not bang shifts as hard as I would have liked, but for an amazing place to spend commute time, I'm totally down. Just don't get it thinking it's a sports car.

>My anecdotal evidence trumps Consumer Reports' data
Sure thing bud
BMW's are shitmobiles. I'd buy a Lexus over one any day.

>Lexus
>mess of wires
Meanwhile, someone's headrest warmer went out in their BMW which caused a chain reaction knocking out their power windows, tail lights, and nav screen.

this

Something like 2016 models having a headlight timer or NAV timer failing after a certain number of hours and causing a huge parasitic drain that will leave you stranded somewhere.

Personally if I had the money and I could afford it I would go European. Some people prefer Toyotas and that's fine too. But I believe you don't get your money's worth.

>I've had to replace thousands of melting fucking dashboards
That's why I use a quality sun screen lol. Preventative measures!

Yeah and so was every design movement such as:

Hard edged soapboxes of the late 2000s ushered in by the Cadillac cts

Jelly bean 90s cars exemplified by the sc400 and ford taurus

Is that Matt Farah's million mile lexus???

Bae

Why is it so damn hard to find GS460? There's literally 3 within 500 miles of me.

>I cringe when I look at the prices

Uuuuhhh, an optioned out Camry is almost in line wtih Lexus.

They really aren't that bad.

is that a roush?

>But I believe you don't get your money's worth.
You get exactly what you'd expect. Comfy, reliable, boring Toyota quality.

MR3 fucking when? Toyota hasn't done good fun in forever.

>inb4 GT86
Pigfat with shit engine

>MR3 fucking when?
Isn't MR2 short for Mid (engine) Rear (drive) 2 (seats)?

its literally only for flexing and the badge. but even then a lot of people see through it

don't really give a shit about how it looks but I put more than 600 miles on a single tank of gas on my new CT200H

Yea, it was a play on words tho.

Why are the taillights melting?

they tried to be "special" with their styling and fucked up by putting THIS SHIT on EVERY MODEL

>real luxury
>rebadged VW

U avin a laff?

Is that a Fiero with a bodykit?

>460

Just add another driving wheel, problem solved

Relax, nigger. Was looking at the badge, ignored the tail lights. Mistake!

Im jelous too . my first car was an automatic 2003 saturn