The R31 is not the redheaded stepchild

The C210 is

assmad GM fangirl detected

So I'm guessing this is Veeky Forums's barneyfag

You're both wrong.
Check out this wannabe beemer

What a fucking piece of shit

Gets him every time

I'm really surprised that this is considered the least favorite gen, I've always loved them.

>yfw a lot of my favorite cars are the overlooked stepchildren

Probably because they were heavy and underpowered, combined with the mk4's reputation of taking a big step down in build quality.
The early Haldex system in the R32 probably didn't help.

>mk4's reputation of taking a big step down in build quality.
u wot? they are way more solid than mk3s
heavy though

stay triggered, GM cuck

Quality control I guess, then. The electrical gremlins and crayon smell started there, from what I've heard.

Stay illiterate nissan scum

>chip foose: the car

nice, sperg some more, cuck

Stay mad, guy who doesnt know what cuck means (probably because he is illiterate)

inb4 panamera

>not Godzilla
>not the FnF memecar
>some fat cunt in Initial D doesn't like it

See
The R33 has a cult following outside of Veeky Forums

these were cool if you optioned it with the paint matched plastic

they're super convenient too

This is actually one of my favorite looking 911's because unlike all the other ones that came before and after it, it looks more like an original sports-car rather than a sleek/longer wheel-base souped up beetle in my opinion.

Shame that the 996 generation gets so much shit.

also Fiero softspot

>no JZ engine
>no manual option

It was exactly the same thing as the SC430. And compared to the SC400 the 430 sucked.

>This is actually one of my favorite looking 911's because unlike all the other ones that came before and after it, it looks more like an original sports-car rather than a sleek/longer wheel-base souped up beetle in my opinion.

>also Fiero softspot

Are you me?

it would be good if they didn't make a total economy car, I think it looks better than last generation civics

The more i look at the r33 the more i want one. Its an aquired taste. Im a r32 guy though and the r34 isnt doing it for me as much anymore :/

Wealthy boomers love 1st gens
Regular boomers love 2nd gens
Poor people who want to think they have a fast car and rednecks love 3rd gens
4th gens are stuck in an awkward position. Not a classic yet and not cheap enough (at least the LS1s that are worth it) for any poorfag to afford

>Shame that the 996 generation gets so much shit.
Keeps the prices down, so that's a nice side effect I suppose.

Immediately thought of this boxy sonofabitch.

I think ANY car with these headlights that isn't a Volvo is doomed to look worse than its 70's predecessor as well as the car that comes after it and fixes the funky look.

You retard

>the entry-level Porsche that wasn't actually a Porsche

>looks worse and performs worse and handles worse and is nowhere near as tuneable as a cheap car from Mazda

Wew lad

>s-stop mistaking my fetish

lel this cuck

It also came out almost 15 years earlier.

Looks like goofy garbage compared to the FC desu

you mean FB

It came out even before the FB, also the 944 manages to make the shape a lot more attractive.

The 944 came out in 82
FC came out in 86

924 came out in 76 and I think the SA debuted in 78

>posts a ruined FC as his example
m8

That looks bad. Those tail lights are a joke and the fender flares look... wrong. Don't get me started on the window weirdness.

Overall it just doesn't deliver on being a Porsche or a lightweight handling beast as much as the RX7 did. And it looks wonky when modified to boot, which is something every generation of the RX7 rocks hard.

that's a 924, but either one handles better than an FC

Funny, the flares are what makes the 944 for me. I'll give you the taillights in comparison to the FC though.

Keep dreaming. Why does it handle better? Cause it's a POR-SHAW?

fuck off togay king.

Please answer my question. They both have perfect front-back weight distribution but the RX7's engine is further back and lower to the ground. It's also light enough that the transmission can be placed along the underside of the car, which means it doesn't handle like some weird double sided pendulum in the extreme corners. It has passive rear wheel steering which works great for grip driving and can easily be canned for drifting.

proof of the pudding's in the eating
read the reviews

What if the pudding was wal-mart brand sold at a five star restaurant for 70 dollars with some chocolate shavings on it?

What if I don't trust people's fucking opinions on pudding?

I actually kind of agree. The 996 headlights have aged badly, but I really like the overall shape of the car. It has a long and low look that I find more attractive than the "stubby" 997, and it's a bit closer in spirit to classic 911s than the 991 is.

I'm planning on buying myself a 911 in a few years, and I'm torn between a 996 GT3 and a 997.2 C2S, both of which should be around the same price unless something goes nuts. It's hard to decide which is the better buy, the 996 has a Mezger, is less common, and is definitely the purist choice for a track/canyon toy, but the 997 is actually daily driveable without being miserable to live with. (I've talked to a few 996 GT3 owners and they've all been pretty quick to say that it's horrible on the street.)

There's someone with a 996 GT3 in my neighbourhood, and I think he daily drives it. It's always parked out on the street.

The styling is phenomenal, no one complains about the looks.

Agreed. It's a damn shame Honda didn't have the balls to make an Si/Type R and ditch the hybrid shit for a K20.

>tfw the crz could've been an amazing miata/brz competitor

This is the fatass, nerdy nephew who everyone likes for some reason

Then just say that "pudding i've never eaten is shit" over and over. Also an FC costs more than a 924 these days.

Yeah, because it's a better car all around.

Listen up, pal: you can't listen to vaporwave in a Porsche. That alone should tell you all you ever needed to know.

Requiscat in peace...

Well at least you had the last word, so that should make you feel better.

I really want a Series 3 V-Spec. Too bad there are maybe a thousand of those in the world.

Don't care, still love it.

Even if I know of no one who will understand or sympathize.

Oh my god, I can't believe you just said that. sent from a mac

sent from a mac

haHAA

The SC430 wasn't just a redheaded stepchild. It was like a redheaded trust-fund baby stepchild that quit college and never got a job.