Owners of new cars, do you regret buying new or are you happy with your purchase?

Owners of new cars, do you regret buying new or are you happy with your purchase?

I bought my ST pre reg, with just 100 miles on it. Its been brilliant.

What is the name of that colour on yours?

Metallic with stripes

My parents wanted to get me a car my senior year of high school with a max price of ~$21k. At the time I was in a depression so wasn't considering the future in the slightest. I was also completely car illiterate and just wanted a simple reliable car. I got a 2012 Civic EX. It's a great car, but I certainly do regret not getting a used car instead, to get a few year old car and a much better car

In the future, unless I get really rich, I don't see myself getting a brand new car again. It's just not worth it when you can get a 1-2 year old car, with a great warranty, still fresh and feeling new, and get a much better car for the same amount of money

I guess we've got an ST circlejerk going on here. I, too, bought mine new, and may have actually been the first ST on Veeky Forums. (Got mine at the end of '13.)

I've been pretty happy with the decision. It was exactly the car that suited my needs, and there isn't a better option on the market. I don't trust any kind of used affordable performance car, either, people buy cars like this to beat the shit out of them.

They don't do that colour in the UK, such a shame. It looks nice!

Bought a new 2013 FR-S and already have it paid off. Still runs great at 40,000 miles and remains bone stock. Considering selling before the value drops, but I don't want another car note.

I really like my Crosstrek

I hate making car payments though.

So yes and no

Its been 3 weeks since I bought my ST. I can't complain about one damn thing. I dig the no pressure payment, the 0% financing and I torque steer my way down every hill in my county whenever i like.

I really like that grey as well, I wish it had been an option on my '14. (It wasn't available until '15 or '16, not sure which.)

I wish I bought a fiesta st

Thanks senpai

I prefer your 3 door tho

I prefer it as a 5 door myself, it makes it more practical. If I wanted a little car without back doors, I'd have gotten an FR-S or something.

Bought a 15 Golf R new because of commute, but now wish I had just gotten an E92 for the same price

Very very happy with new car

>I don't see myself getting a brand new car again. It's just not worth it when you can get a 1-2 year old car, with a great warranty, still fresh and feeling new, and get a much better car for the same amount of money

Same here. For example, I have been watching a used 2015 WRX drop in price from $26,000 to $22,000 because nobody wants to buy it. It is at a Honda dealer so I imagine that most customers go there for a CR-V, Pilot, etc. It has the premium package or whatever it is called which would sell for $30,000 brand new. Not worth it.

happy so far. had to finance it though.

Buying new is not usually a good investment.

I like knowing that only I have farted in the seat.
I HAVE CRISTENED IT AND IT SHALE ALWAYS BE MINE

to be fair someone who dropped tens of thousands of dollars would likely have a hard time admitting they made a poor decisions.

I wish I was dead

I bought my Escape new.

It was fairly priced, I didn't overpay that much and all service records is in my office. The fact that I have all the maintenance records is enough for my sanity.

If you regret buying a new car, you didn't buy a new car for the right reason.

Dont buy a new car expecting a good financial investment. Any dummy that can wrap their head around depreciation understands this fact.

If you want to be the first person to own the car, then buy a new car. Accept that you are paying a premium for that privilege.

It sounds nice to get used, but I think a lot of it has to do with what you're looking for in a car. If you want a cheap sport compact (FiST, WRX, Si, etc) you're going to be dealing with cars that are treated like shit from the start by some dumbass. Shit will go wrong a lot faster than if you bought that car new for a bit more.
HOWEVER
Warranties may handle all of the shit, it just depends if you think it will hurt the overall longevity of the car.

Just my two cents, I'm not quite sure how I feel on the subject yet.
Shame you didn't get the BRZ, even though it's the same car it depreciates less because of muh subaru

New cars in general? I leased and I'm loving it. I don't think I'll actually buy a car again, aside from wrenching projects.

Are the back seats actually spacious enough to make having the back doors worthwhile though?

OP here, kinda

The backseats are very usable for short trips, but I wouldn't want anyone 6' or taller stuck back there for more than 30 minutes. Kids and womanlets will be fairly comfy during long rides though.

An autotragic base model I bought a year ago...wish it was standard parents refused my first car to be standard even though I've driven manual shitboxes before cause they figured I would ruin the clutch

I let my parents rule my car purchases for years, it's not a good path. Don't let yourself get cucked again. Buy a car without letting them know you're getting one if you have to.

I got 35k to blow on a new car. Wrx, golf r, focus rs, or what else?

all bad options...you're fucked

get a mustang or something

Camaro 1LT with 1LE package

Really good sounding V6 and great handling. Visibility memes are real, but great car otherwise. 1LE should be out in a couple months.

I don't think they want their car to break after a year

I got an amazing deal on my FiST, 18.5k USD OTD. It's still bone stock (for now) and the base model, but I took it off the lot with under 200 miles on it and couldn't be happier. The current value of the car is actually about a thousand dollars more than I paid for it, so that part definitely helps.

Truth be told though I've got a new dog and a family on the way, so I'll probably have to sell the poor thing before it even hits 20k on the odometer. I'll probably get something like a new 4Runner or Tacoma with a shell after this. I'm going to miss the days of having a zippy shitbox

they could always ride the bus

Everyday Driver has a great comparison for these cars, look it up

Regret, because after I bought my first meme (2013 Ford focus) I found a dodge neon for 500$, swapped trans for 50$ from pick and pull, and have been driving that with no issues whatsoever.

My sister wanted the title to my Ford about a year back so whatever, she can have it and the payment. The focus was a great daily driver, just not as cheap as the 1000~ I put into the neon so far.

Thanks wI'll do

Why are others hating on my picks? I want to stick with the basic I4 turbo

wtf won't subaru put a turbo in this

Enjoy breathing in those greasy fart remnant molecues from the previous owner.

Never have bought one and never will. It's not worth it knowing dumb people or old people will trade them in or sell them for a significant amount less

Seems like we got quite a few STs. I bought my Fiesta loaded in November of 2014 (MY2015), kind of wish it didn't have the sunroof but I can live with it. Love the metallic paint tho.

I regret nothing.

Bought my wrx brand new straight cash. No regrets at all. All the used ones in my area were far to expencive for a car with the miles that were on them. Also I wouldn't buy my wrx from me with the way I drive it.

Now if u was looking for a box to get me back and forth to work used is fine. It all depends what you want from the car

Bought a new-ish car. 3 years old when I got it. I don't regret buying a newer, reliable car.

I DO regret buying a silver car. It is fucking invisible. The lights are going to burn out ahead of schedule because I have to drive with the sidelights on whenever it's not sunny, or people try and drive through me.

I haven't bought a new car, and I certainly can't afford it right now, but at some point I would like to.

I would like to buy a new car, something like a fiesta ST, and just take impeccable care of it for 20+ years, or however long I can get it to last. Always keep a coat of wax on it, do all maintenance on time and with quality products. Don't beat it up or anything, and just take pride in how well I keep it. I do this with my used cars, but there are always all of the problems that they have already.

They're tolerable, but what I actually like them for is carrying stuff around, not people. People can climb into the backseats of a 3dr without THAT much trouble, but back doors are really nice when you need to lug photography equipment or IKEA furniture or whatever other stuff around because they make loading it into the car so much easier.

I feel the same way about the sunroof. It's nice for venting on hot days, but otherwise it's pretty pointless and I would rather have avoided the extra cost. When I was shopping for STs, though, it seemed like there were only two configurations around, total base and fully loaded, and I really wanted Recaros and nav so I was stuck with the moonroof and painted wheels.

I could afford to buy something new, but I just can't convince myself to throw money away like that and I hate the thought of financing a car. I want a fun weekend car and I do sort of want a newer BRZ or Miata or WRX or something, but those cars never come up used in good condition without any """tasteful mods"""

I'll never buy a new car no matter how rich I get. I'd rather get twice the car for a fraction of the price, with the only issue being it's got 5k miles on it from the previous owner who bought a car they couldn't afford

Yep, ran into the same problem. All the dealer ordered Fiesta's were either fully loaded for maximum sticker price, or base and as cheap as possible. I had to have the Recaro's, but finding one of these cars was next to impossible with that being the only option. It pretty much would have had to have been a custom ordered one that was refused on delivery.