What does street racing feel like? Is it fun?

What does street racing feel like? Is it fun?

Feels like you miss half of shifts and hope you could've won if you didnt.

Usually meh.
One guy always chickens out.
And you have to do it at bizarre times to avoid popo, pedestrians, and traffic.
Don't be stupid, keep the non-idiots who aren't racing out of harms way.

If it was organized like the stockholm open it would be great, but its mostly not. Plus these days you need something really crazy fast/powerful to be really competetive, that's why most people like street outlaws go to no prep events on a track

Test hits on the street are fun, but the track is where it's at. Prepped surfaces and you can't get in trouble for racing

>prepped surfaces

Spinnin ain't winnin senpai. Also I just don't trust the other guy to not crash into me

>what does it feel like?
Noise violation, exhibition of speed, very good way to get adrenaline pumping.
>is it fun?
Hit and miss. Half the "street racing" types I see with fartcans drive like fucking retards, while half the white women in big SUV's (especially teenagers on Saturdays) are actually halfway fun to hoon with.
It's a strange city I live in.

Basically, if you race to win, you'll be disappointed or a guy who races anything that tries to overtake him.
If you race to have fun and enjoy your car, you might just enjoy it enough to keep going.

Its really fucking intense OP. I've done a few red lights races and shit like that. Usually other cars that are similar to mine to make it as fair as possible. Also i only am willing to do this on empty ass streets. (For example last time i raced was with 2 other random dudes at like 11pm on Route 66 in California) Know you can get pulled over, crash, kill someone, kill yourself, roll over, etc. Gets the adrenaline pumping quite nicely. Not exactly a great feeling when you have nothing to dump it on. I used to run away from the law when i was younger for stupid shit, like trespassing and climbing buildings, so I'm not noob to adrenaline rushes. Overall, its a doe once every 3 to 5 months type thing

Yeah, daddy would be pretty upset if you wrecked his car.

I'd be upset too. So we bond at the track where if I crash at least it wasn't while breaking the law

Yeah it'd be a shame if you got put in time out.

Can you 2 shut the fuck up.

>t. triggered manchild

Did you have daddy issues as a child?

Like salty milk and coins

If I see a fast car pull up while I'm driving and get a nod, then I don't mind having a quick race all in good fun, but meeting up to race in groups you might as well go to a strip or track and do it properly

Do you have problems with claiming shit that isn't yours as your own?

Organized street racing pretty well died around here with no-prep and grudge night events where places are allowing organized racing including flash light, flag, or horn start, green only trees, no prep, no times, and just win lights.

Do you have problems processing what a father and son project car is?

>every post your car thread you post daddy's car
Fuck off back to peacock lane fatass

Track days cost less than half a speeding ticket, kiddo, keep it off the streets.

How can I fuck off to somewhere I already am, and pick an insult that I haven't been called by everyone that doesn't like me. Shit doesn't work any more

It can be quite exciting but then I remember that traffic cops exist and slow down while also getting angry that traffic cops exist for no fun allowed.

Shit like that is precisely what got you to drop your trip, so it works just fine.

Well there's no real point to using a trip if you know who I am when I post anyways. I'll put it on if you want, or I won't. You guys are never happy. But that's just Veeky Forums as a whole

Have you ever been caught?

Also nice trips

Newfag here, what's this guy's trip so I can go through the archives and laugh?

Most of Veeky Forums probably didn't even have a dad present growing up, much less one who'd build a project car with them.

No, not yet thankfully. I'm always afraid to get caught. I really don't want to get my shit impounded

Blue disco nova i believe hes actually kinda cool

>Drag Racing
Disgusting

not sure how i quoted you and not OP

Thanks dood

Feels great, Like sex without a condom.

totally not worth it, but god damn its fun.
Nailed it though. Racing to win is kinda lame, but fucking around and ripping to just enjoy cars is amazing.

I did it a fair bit as a teen. Never anything more than 100ish mph, but ripping around town was such a thrill. I am crazy lucky I never slid into a house and hit someone. Id never do anything of the sort now because I realize now how reckless it all was. Your not just risking your car/license, you are risking the life of everybody else on the streets. Really uncool in the grand scale of things.

If you can have some fun at night away from people, do it. Otherwise just go the track. Its a little spendy but just as fun.

Highway 4 in Cali is pretty sick for trying to race people. When you're on a street bike though, there's a lot of areas within the highway to which you can't go that fast (pot holes, snake tar and uneven pavement fuckin everywhere). They're gonna install speed cameras here soon, so the fun will go away.

This x1000. I shift perfecting until I start tryin' to race peeps

take a bunch of faggots with shit cars
have them shit talk for drama
have them do the lamest form of motorsport while pretending to be cool

its good if youre retarded and/or lack skill otherwise its boring in laughable

that all changes unless you race through traffic through the city and the mountains

that is top tier fun

It's fun how spontaneous it can be, but for the most part where I live nobody really seems interested.

why are u so rude baka

Street racing is fucking boring. This thread is full of bullshit.

I street raced from the mid 90's until about 2004. I did it for fun with my fellow tuner buddies. sometimes I even raced for money. Early days it was easier to do, but then FnF came out, and everything was ruined.

Here is your typical night:

>Get to meeting spot, hang out for a bit
>Talk about where you want to actually race
>cop car comes by meeting spot
>cop tells everyone to disperse
>you drive to alternate meeting spot and then from there go to race spot
>you race your races because you have set them up and don't dilly dally
>the local dumbass teens find out about where you are racing and show up with their mom's camrys
>fuck
>you hear on the scanner that cops are otw
>you calmly leave as to not attract attention
>dumbass teens get scared and tear out of there, and are pulled over as you calmly drive by
>you go back to another meeting spot and then do it all over again until you're tired/bored
>most of it is avoiding police and not actually racing

That's how it actually is.

It's one of the most fun things I've ever done in my life without a doubt. Assuming you mean a bit moe of mountain driving and such not just drag racing, it's the on of the most stressful situations imaginable. You always have to be looking for headlights and signs of oncoming cars and there isn't room to fuck up and slide too much or anything like that. Only consider street racing when you are 100% with your driving abilities and your car, specifically brakes and tires.
When it come to cops, as long as it is at some stupid time no on else is awake like 3am and in some place away from houses they won't be an issue.

feels good until the check engine light in your shitbox comes on

Hey stop fucking posting this image, im not a fatass

its fun drag racing friends on an abandoned road, and thats usually pretty spontaneous with zero harm and zero risk of getting caught

me and my co worker at my old pizza bar would race if we saw each other driving back to the pizza bar, so we could get the deliveries first, that was fun

organised illegal racing somewhere more busy? ill pass

>stop at a red light next to 4 sandniggers in a Mercedes
>they get racist on me because I'm the superior white male
>proceed to race them on a twisty and narrow two lane road in my french sedan
>give them a thumbs up at the next light because I'm a good sport
>sandniggers proceed to give me the finger
>mfw I'm still a middle class white boy with a big dick
feels good mang

Street racing is cool... if done in video games.
Street racing through a traffic makes you basically a terrorist.

>tfw born lucky

>california
>speed cameras
u wot m8

>your never be drving at night at 350kph in a car with a turbocharger from MP4/4
;_; holy feels, hold me Veeky Forums

Have you ever got caught?

oh fuck off, my dad was around when my brother and I were growing up. He beat the living shit out of us on a daily basis, but at least he was around

That car looks like a shiny turd

I'm retarded, I meant to say just cameras. Although, I feel like that's all they would be used for since shootings rarely happen otherwise.

i know what you mean. i live in the mountains and when people want to tagumi they get on my ass and we start treating the road like a track. someone understeered into a truck 2 days ago though

>tfw you live in the middle of nowhere with no straight roads or people to race
I have no purpose but to become the Pennsylvania Takumi but have no one to race

>only racing locals

You ain't no dagumi.

I have to beat the locals before moving around like Takumi. Also there probably won't be people to race in the mountains for probably 100 miles.

>implying takumi ever raced the locals

Come on m8, are you even InitiateD?

Depends on where live, and the demographic you hang out with.

You can hang with the older group who more mature and actually give you advice on performance of you car. They can also know good dig spots that's far away from the police and the general public (backwoods, industrial, etc.) You hang out with the younger crowd you tend to get drama, people worrying about image than technical advantages between cars that hold value as car enthusiasts.

poster from Pensacola, Fla. I've always had a good time.