Opinions on the frs?

Opinions on the frs?

fuckoff

will the BRZ and FRZ be sought after much in 20 years?

slower than a minivan

I hate this meme, implying you buy this car to go around stoplight racing people, you want a fast car you buy a Mustang or camaro. you want a fun car to enjoy on good roads you buy Miata or FRZ

t. driver of a slow, gay car

better than a driver of no car

it'll be like the 240/180

lots of them, kinda easy to find, have a low point of cheapness, then suddenly expensive and impossible to find one stock

>then suddenly expensive and impossible to find one stock
good luck finding one not Salvaged

Think they'll be the next drift car every stupid 19 year old kid will want to buy in 20 years?

Slower than a minivan

Attractive styling

Slow, but not mini-van slow

Huge aftermarket

Good stock suspension

Engine is fairly reliable

Maintains resale value

Basically, just buy a WRX.

I don't get it. If you want an actual sports car buy a miata, or ecoboost mustang depending on what you want out of it. If you want a subaru buy a wrx. If you want a tc fucking buy a tc.

Everything about the FR-S makes total sense if you forget about the "new AE86" marketing and think of it as a Celica instead.

>Slow, but not mini-van slow
No, the autotragic would have issues pulling on a few minivans like the Sienna.

>celica
>RWD

pick one.

The Celica was RWD in the AE86's day, too.

It would be a godsend if cars from the 90's didn't exist.

A BRZ is basically a Miata with a hardtop and stiffer suspension you faggot. I don't even know why you're talking about the TC, I could at least understand the mustang even though it's big and pigfat.

>fun car to enjoy on good roads
Get a motorcycle for real fun on roads you fucking pussy.

I love the idea of a bike for fun in the twisties, but not the idea of getting smushed by a soccer mom on the freeway on my way there.

>you
>idiot
pick two

Excellent sports car once you toss the boxer engine into the ocean where it belongs

you can't hoon a bike like you can a car. it's completely different experience.

>not building the engine into a ~300hp NA screamer

Damn, user, you stupid.

The engine isn't terrible, but it's not great either. I like it more than the H22a in my old Prelude.

>it was RWD over 30 years ago!!!!!

You faggots need to learn to let go of your shitbox fetish.

I just like hating on the Soobaroo engine because it has no place in a Toyota sports car

It would have been better with the non-boxer if only to give owners an actual sense of difference.

>inb4 pretending to be retarded

Veeky Forums hates them now because they are poorfags, but in 15-20 years when they are cheap they will be the ultimate circlejerk car

I personally love them and will join the circlejerk when they are cheap. Also the FA20 is a great platform for forced induction and can easily make 300-350whp.

This is impossible, the FA20 sucks dick. People barely crack 200whp with a $1500 header. I think it's around 210 on e85 with intake and exhaust. They seem to do okay when turbocharged/supercharged though.

If only it had ECOBOOST™

anything's possible user it's just a matter of cubic dollars

if only you had aids

If only they would have just put a 3sge in it

200whp isn't terrible. Get some lightweight 16" wheels, take out the spare, and install a lightweight battery and you will have a terrific car.

>implying rwd Celina isn't best Celica.

>if only they put an out of production engine in it

>200whp isn't terrible. Get some lightweight 16" wheels, take out the spare, and install a lightweight battery and you will have a terrific car.

Nothing wrong with a sliky supercharger and 300whp senpai

He should pull out the A/C compressor while he's at it. It's pretty heavy. Also, ditch the stereo and speakers. iPod nano and earbuds if he wants music. Also pull out the rear seats, no one fits back there either.

Now you've got a real race car that's still slower than a pigfat WRX

FRS owners are some of the worst.
Having some arab guy put limo tint on your car in his garage and having some Mexican throw some ebay wheels on it, isnt being an "enthusiasts".
Subaru owners are worse, but they fuck with shitty plastic ebay mudflaps and roof wraps.

Except all the things I mentioned don't take away from the car, and make noticeable differences in handling.

I can't think of too many NA 4 cylinder cars made in the last decade that make 200whp. If power is your goal, this obviously isn't the right car.

17x9 RPF1s are the best imo. Same weight with tires as stock but an extra 2".
Turbo mang. I'll do that to mine way down the road. For now I'll just get wheels, pads, and spend the rest on seat time.
It's decent, it just gets compared to Honda which makes amazing engines

>frs has no power
>cant handle for shit
>slower than a minivan
Why do people like this car again?

I bought mine to trigger the poorfags on Veeky Forums. Seems like its working

>curvature
take that flat-earthers

You know those kind of retards who only care about cosmetic features? The kind of people who own tricked out cars and the engines are completely stock? The kinda of retard who is always telling you about how hes going to turbo his shit and make it wicked fastFRS was made for those types. In theory it's an enthusiast car, in realty its a car that people buy when they have no clue what they're fucking doing and want to fit in.

fish eye lens you heretic

>30k car that literally dude bros can finance
>I bought it too trigger poorfags
You cant make this shit up.

It's crazy that there are 2 of the exact same cars on the market from 2 different manufacturers at the same time.

it's happened before a few times

You could say that about the majority of enthusiasts cars though.

There are plenty of 86s at track events and autox already and the car has only been out for 4 years.

Have you even been to a track user?

Do you finance your bus pass, or do my taxes pay for it?

Stubby and funny looking.

Firebird/camaro
300c/charger
Taurus/sable
Talon/laser/eclipse
3000gt/stealth

What this user said:

Eagle Talon/Mitsubishi Eclipse. Pontiac/Chevrolet between 2000-2008 were all essentially carbon copies of each other, such as the Cobalt/G5
The Neon was sold under what, three different badgings at one time?

>"every person who dislikes my car is a bus rider"
>I paid 30k over the span of a couple years, you peasant, bow down to me
>"I went around a track once in my meme car, so I know what I'm talking about"
That's how I read that post.

You misread. Just trying to shut up the troll in the thread. Not trying to act superior.

>If you want an actual sports car buy an ecoboost mustang
>4000lbs steel pig
>sports car

>2016 "sports car"
>167 whp
LMAO!

Save your cash. Buy a 350Z and whatever mods you want for it instead.

Wow you literally have no idea what you're talking about. Refer to the post directly beneath yours as its at least based in some fact.

this

>pigfat trashcar vs lightweight trashcar

hard choice

Not the guy you are responding to but the 350z looks better than the gt86

dat ass

In Europe, the GT86 was awarded the following titles in 2012:

Car of the Year by Top Gear magazine (and Jeremy Clarkson) who also crowned it Coupé of the Year and winner of the Top Gear Speed Week (against competition including the McLaren MP4-12C, Porsche 911 Carrera S, and Lotus Exige S); Best Driver's Car by Autocar;
Performance Car by Auto Express.

In Australia, the 86 was awarded the following titles in 2012:

Car of the Year award by Wheels magazine, Carsguide, and Drive (shared with Subaru BRZ);
Best Performance Car under A$60,000 and People's Choice again by Drive;
People's Choice Best Performance Car under A$100,000 by Carsales (shared with Subaru BRZ).

Other awards received include:

2012 Car of the Year in New Zealand (Toyota 86 and GT86);
2012 Best Affordable Sports Car by US News (Scion FR-S);
2012 Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Top Safety Pick in the US (Scion FR-S and Subaru BRZ);
2013 Top Ten Best Cars by the American Car and Driver (Scion FR-S and Subaru BRZ);
2012-2013 Japan Car of the Year "Special Award" (Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ).

The Subaru BRZ was also crowned:

Fun-est Car of the Year by Top Gear Australia (against the Toyota 86, BMW M135i, Porsche 911 Carrera, Audi RS5, Ford Focus ST, and Renault Megane RS265);
2012 Sports Car of the Year by France's Echappement;
2013 Best Sports Car by Canada's Auto123.

In addition, the Toyota-Subaru D-4S boxer engine was named one of Ward's 10 Best Engines in 2013.

>He doesn't own a Godmachine

kys fampaitachi

The Jeb bush of cars

Fuck you, I like it

I wish it had a toyota engine though

At least the 350z isn't a """""""""""sports"""""""""""" car but rather is a """"sports"""" car

I can think of one made in the last 15 years that pushed 190 out of an NA 1.8 liter

wow look at all those awards that got sweeped away the day the ND got released

The BRZ looks better.

At least the 86's tranny will last longer than 20k miles

>Slow but no minivan slow
Auto BRZs do 0-60 in 7 secs. A Sienna will do that as well. The Sienna will also have a faster 1/4 mi time. Sorry bro. The MT BRZ will creep out just a bit faster but that's not saying much - it's a minivan you are beating - the slowest of the slow.

The 2017 siennas have nearly 300 horsepower, late models have like 280, their fairly quick in straight line

The 2007-2009 350z is pretty decent. The revised HR motor puts out 305hp. With some light wheels and bolt ons you could add an extra 60hp and hit 60 well under 5 seconds. There's a lot of extra potential with mods.

Meanwhile the BRZ has already reached its potential from the factory. Check out the BRZ forums. Some people dropped 3 grand worth of bolt ons and barely get another 20hp. It's already sitting on light wheels. What else is there? Take out back seats to save 30lbs? There's little room for improvement. Yah it'll beat the Z on the corners just barely but the Z will demolish it on the straights.

>The 2007-2009 350z is pretty decent
Why such a short time span?

In late 2006/2007 they released the 350z with another tranny and motor, also changed some exterior and interior details and such. Overall its a better car than the earlier (2003-2006) models, but all years are pretty good and the aftermarket is huge (you can fit the new and improved trannys in the earlier versions etc)

They stopped production in 2009 and then released the 370z

Oh, was the earlier 350z the Ghosn era? I heard avoid those.

Depends really how they were driven. You could argue that the price difference is worth it, the earlier versions are pretty bullet proof too, its mostly the transmission that is sorta shitty/weird on the earlier versions and yeah I guess the newer ones has a better engine but the DE version is great too, I mean they are both VQ engines at the end of the day

DE was decent, not amazing. HR gave it that extra kick. At any rate, BRZ won't be able to compete with either one of them.

What about intakes+exhaust+ 2.3L Toda Racing/2.1L HKS kit and toda/hks fa20 cams?

The whole point of the boxer engine is to give the car a low CoG. As far as I know the twins have one of the lowest. If you replace it with a Toyota engine the handling will be alot worse and we wouldn't be having this conversation on people's opinion of the car b/c no one would look twice at it.

From what I remember, BRZ owners with all the boltons were barely cracking 220whp. There was mass hysteria on their forums.

You are referring to Braille lightweight batteries right? Those batteries barely hold a charge. I looked into them for my car. You can save about 30-40lbs but if you don't daily the car every day, it won't start up. Also they don't last very long. About 2 years at most. Have fun with that.

The S2000 is unironically better

That's a shit ton of money. I read somewhere on ft86club that it's because the head flows poorly. Youd be better off going FI + E85. Turbo'd cars seem to be holding up well.

So - a ported head, cams, itbs, exhaust and decent headers. Someone must have done it.

I'm pretty sure someone's doing a full NA build somewhere. it may or may not have those increased displacement kits though

I know of one on the forums, pretty sure the title is "in for the long haul." It's just so much more than FI. For those worried about losing response, just get the JRSC.

I'm not an 86 hater, but I go to the track pretty regularly and the FR-S/BRZs there are pretty much always rolling chicanes.

That's not really the car's fault, though, it's more down to vaper types buying the car and then deciding that they need to go try a trackday now that they have a "sports car," and going out there with no clue of how to drive a car quickly.

LOL that's me with the Power-to-Weight ratio comment.

But seriously, people need to take this car as it is, and not think of it as "the next *insert 90s car model here*". It's a GT86,

This nigga is dumb as shit for real