Help with Craigslist buy Fiero 1986

Opinions? Cop or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/cto/5757519401.html
thegarage.jalopnik.com/why-you-dont-want-to-buy-a-rebuilt-salvage-vehicle-1653320003
grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/west-coast-2009-challenger-awd-fiero-hybrid/10519/page1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Here the link to the ad.
minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/cto/5757519401.html

> Salvage
Don't bother
Also what gave you the idea that the seller is a cop?

Avoid it with that salvage title. Salvage titles 9 times out of 10 are more trouble then they're worth.

cop is black slang for buying something.

>salvage title

Turn 360 degrees and walk away.

You can find a better fiero in everyway with a clean title for basically as cheap user.
I should, I have one with an engine swap, and I bought it for 800 Canada coins.

read this article, OP

thegarage.jalopnik.com/why-you-dont-want-to-buy-a-rebuilt-salvage-vehicle-1653320003

It's $600 bros. Six. Hundred. Dollars. OP should show up with four $100 bills, spin it around the parking lot a bit, make sure it doesn't shake at 50 on a nearby straight road and take it. You can't even buy a decent go kart for that much and fieros actually have "frames" that can be visually checked for damage

Just to be clear though OP this IS going to be a second fun/weekend/track/tinker car right? You're not looking for "reliable" transportation.

>one with an engine swap, and I bought it for 800 Canada coins
Whaaaaaaaaaat? I've been looking for that for ages. What engine? 5 speed?

Salvage title is fine usually, calm your autisms

Is a fiero a good car?
If I was to buy one, should I get a Ferrari body kit?
V6 or i4?
What are the posabilities of a ls1 or maybe lq4 swap?

Ls engines, 3.4 v60 engine, 3800sc engine, possibilities are endless

Don't body kit it pls

60 degree*

Get this. It'a in the SLC area IIRC. Interior rough, 350 v8 runs rough, body kit gloriously rough.

4t65e 4speed auto.
The whole thing was basically trashed before I got it, and I haven't been helping. Probably gonna junk her before the end of the year. Really going to miss it though.

>No SC
Ehhhhhh.. At least OP's is a 5 speed.

I think we should settle this with a 50 lap road race.

>Has salvaged title because while parked it was >side swiped and drivers side was torn up. I fixed >it all with a parts car and it looks as good as new.

Buy it, it will be the greatest thrill you've ever had below 40mph

Not a fan of replica kits, but you do you. You definitely should swap though. 3800sc is about the best performance per dollar, but LS1 would be maximum badassitry.

(pic related, is my fiero)

>it's $600
>OP should only bring 2/3 of the asking price
Nigger.

Op here. I am just looking for sort of a beater/project car thing to mess around with. I have a perfectly fine dd but it's an auto and I'd like to have a second car with manual for fun driving. I would really only be driving it for fun night drives etc. I'm thinking it could be a decent platform to learn more about cars.

I'm still confused about the salvage title. My understanding was that it meant that the car was in an accident and the damage was more than the cars worth. Doesn't that just effect resale value?

Thanks for all the feedback.

>Is a fiero a good car?
>If I was to buy one, should I get a Ferrari body kit?
>V6 or i4?
>What are the posabilities of a ls1 or maybe lq4 swap?

What kind of faggot uses body kits still?

>buying a fiero
kek

600 dollars that could be saved to buy something that isn't a piece of shit. Think beyond right now and you'll find you're life will be significantly better.

Buy it. Yes of course it affects resale value that's part of why it's $600 but you should realistically expect to be the one who eventually junks/parts out this car at this point. The insurance company uses professional body work prices to decide to total something or not and with the fiberglass body, superficial damage would easily amount to more than its worth. Be aware if you use this as your learner you may very well be forever throwing in with the MR lifestyle which is a hard path to walk since there is no medium-value car to step up to from these little carts like fiero and mr2 that's why people build them up so much.

There is only now. OP already said what he wants and this car is probably ideal, the good lord willing and the crick don't rise.

I just think its a cute lil car with popups so i like it. Right now im more concerned with the fact that he will only be in mn for a few days and im gone that weekend. Ill have to arrange something but i think it you be a fun little thing to drive around. Thanks for the help.

Like the kits that make it into a Ferrari.
I figure a full fiberglass body would be lighter

>He'll only be in Mn for the weekend
Only-available-for-a-limited-time is a red flag

The body is already fiberglass if you want it lighter take it off.

fuck yeah go for it

Not OP, but..

Random question - Hybrid drive train in a Fierro? Think Prius.

I have access to a free '07 Prius that was totaled (roof cave in because AC drop)

Initially, it sounds like it could be a cool project.

Apparently it is, I withdraw the question.

grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/west-coast-2009-challenger-awd-fiero-hybrid/10519/page1/

That madman is converting to front engined. Fuck that. One of the beauties of Fiero is that the whole car can be hoisted off the basket and all the go-bits are right there. Mount the batteries securely to the body while it's off and it could be done "simply". Would be a bit on the heavy side for a fiero but super bottom heavy.

>fieros actually have "frames" that can be visually checked for damage
Only if you remove the non-structural body panels

This picture gives me ptsd. I would rather stick a needle through my dick than deal with removing those panels again.

>not checking from underneath/the inside
That's part of why I posted though, to give OP an idea of the actual structural components.

I have a picture of mine like that too, lol

wanna know how I know you're a nigger

I'm not so... sure? I'm actually white trash.

jesus its all iron and steel
why no aluminum parts?

No, it is supercharged, well it was. One of my idler pulleys was demolished so now the supercharger belt just walked off.

Fuck all you guys...

Now I want to drop something newer into an '88 Fiero.

And it's all Veeky Forums's fault.

I got my iron duke 5 speed 85 for 600 maple bucks with a clean title.

They're fiberglass. Its "space frame" holds the proverbial GM parts bin special of old tech. It has Chevette axles.

Buy, don't buy. Nothing will stop the indefatigable march of inevitable uselessness.

same thing

Actually, 88 model suspension was made by lotus instead for far superior handling.