I want to get my nephew into Veeky Forums

I want to get my nephew into Veeky Forums

where are the best places to buy Toy cars based on real car models?

Does doing this get expensive?

They can be pretty damn pricey depending on brand and detail. If anything just take his ass to rite aid/CVS/Walgreens and let him get the lil cars they sell by the icecream/registers.

Any specific brands?

I always thought matchboxes were the go to cars but it looks like they just do fantasy made up cars now?

are there any companies that do 80s/90s jap cars to be more specific.

Have a 3 year old son. You can buy toy cars at walmart for between $1-$5. There is a mix of fantasy and real cars.

If you want the larger, more detailed models with opening doors and hood they sell them at truck stops usually and can run $20 or more.

I work with a guy that collects real life modeled cars, mostly hot wheels and some actual models. From what I've seen, hot wheels has the best detailed cars, much better than match box. I'm not brand loyal to hot wheels or anything, but at least the match box cars I've seen these last couple years have been inferior.

Walmart and Target have em, I'd say about 85% arent real life cars though.

>tfw always wanted one of those electric toy cars as kid but never got one

Walmart also sells a couple brands, one is called ground pounders, they're pretty detailed, about hot wheel size, and I think they have opening doors and stuff. Those ones are customized cars, hood scoops and big rims. There's also another set where it's classic cars in Stock form.

tomica

>I want to get my nephew into memes

Where to buy them in Canada?

Probably the Internet senpai.

you can buy the hypercity sets at toys r us, or at least you used to be able to?

if you want something specific like vintage NEO or a certain car, amazon or eBay (or amiami from Japan)

Get him a fucking electric car

Yeah, prepare him for the sad future.

Do the same thing my dad did. Buy him a shit ton of Hot Wheels, it worked for me

Please dont, we have enough new fags on this board already

I got you senpai

>Does doing this get expensive?
Of course. Hotwheels are cheap and plentiful and that's one route you can go. But preferably, you should buy model car kits that you paint and assemble piece by piece, and work on them together. Alternatively (or in addition), buy him car-themed vidya games; shit like DiRT Rally, Forza or Gran Turismo, and Car Mechanic Simulator 2015. Assetto Corsa might be too advanced for him but who knows.
>hot wheels has the best detailed cars
no. M2 Machines / Autoworld bang-for-buck master race. And yeah before some faget says it, I know there are other, higher-quality brands out there but fuck that shit. 3money5me.

>Also this thread just made me remember this guy who has this setup in his garage

Kid cars are way cooler than fucking match box

dirt rally and assetto corsa won't be fun for a kid
forza and gran turismo are great for this

buy him a model viper with the hood that opens

>Video games

Please. RC cars and kid cars he can drive. Get him outside

>RC cars
>Either generic semi-expensive shit, or super expensive shit which IMO would make the kid a spoiled faggot
>Drivable cars for kids
>Expensive bullshit that he'll grow out of in like 2-3 years
Nigga we're thinking of long-term ideas that won't break the bank, not make OP go broke for nothing. Also depending on his nephew's age, he probably can't even use that shit anymore. IDK, faggot OP didn't state age so fug it.

RC isn't that much. Get a cheap one and see if he likes it. I mean there's enthusiast stuff yeah, but kid won't care if it isn't. I just imagine he has enough video games

>miata with doritos

The ultimate mazda?