How do you guys pay for this?

How do you lads pay for this hobby? Do you just put your weekly paycheck into it, or do you do extra stuff on the side?

It's called a good paying job that gives you disposable income.

It's called a six figure job. Most STEM fields will do.

I pay my bills and then I buy car shit. It's my hobby and I enjoy throwing money at my cars.

I could have handled it with one job but I got put in the hospital for something lame and it was expensive. So I work as much as a banquet/party valet as possible.

Trust fund babby/disabled NEET.

I may have it bad medically, but financially I'm doing great. Can't really complain honestly.

Financial aid from college.

Simple, I don't

>watch auto related channels on YouTube
>research new cars through articles
>benchrace
>play auto racing vidya
>take pics of unique shitboxes I come across out in the wild
>shitpost on Veeky Forums
>Mfw haven't done anything IRL car related in almost 2 years

I flip shit I don't want. I have owned a 92 and 07 Mustang, a 84 Camaro, and an old Dodge Stealth. They all got sold. I didn't like driving any of them. The hardest flip to let go was an OLD early 80's Camry.

>no other hobbies
>no friends
>never drink

Saves quite a bit of money. I don't understand people who can afford to blow engine after engine though

>spend big bucks on car
>never anywhere to go

>not working one job solely to finance bleeding heart auto obsession
>not wanting to rage my dream

I did this for a while. I felt 1990's again in my heart; even if it were only for a short while. I even did the waifu bit too it was great. She's gone though....

>able to buy a car and a full turbo upgrade on a part time gas station attendant salary

Always bothered me about this series.

I personally buy low and sell high.

Forget about this part too

Maybe they paid more in Japan back then. Wasn't he also a technician at the shop there or

trades are also fine

He has no living expenses because he lived at home. It was an old car even then and it was the equivalent of the ebay turbo. He has friends and co-workers who had sympathy and helped him install it.

$30/hr in a low cost of living midwest state = many happy fun times

The only inaccurate thing is the size of that garage. He was 21, lived at home and had no girlfriend. He was also not a great driver so he may have been new af to drifting. I don't remember the specifics of his origin story.

Iktf
WI fag making 14$/hr living with parents.
2.2k before taxes just for my shitboxes

2.2k/mo I shouldn't undersell myself like that huh.

Sometimes I think about how much money I'd have if I still lived with my parents and was making what I make now. Makes me think it would totally be worth it at 27 to still have to tell a girl 'Yeah, I live in my parents basement.. but check out my sweet '

Pretty sure that was just the garage at the gas station

I don't remember if we ever got the actual extent of the damage, could have just been cosmetic

But why impress a girl? They will only drain your funding. I know, mine takes a little off the top. I should dump her and get a real car.
>street racers don't need girlfriends.

Why bother? Girls are the biggest waste of money

I haven't watched the series in a long time, but I'm pretty sure his turbo upgrade was a surprise to all his friends so he had it installed by a shop.

Also have a hard time believing it was a cheap turbo since he never has issues with it. Dagumi even beat on it in one episode

It's a lot easier when you don't talk to girls.

This is coming from a guy with 2 cars, a motorcycle and $75k in the bank at 24. I'll probably buy a house next year, fuck burning money paying rent.

I do make $18/hour, but most of that cash is just from being a massive jew.

You make very valid points. I've been single for a few years now, but looking back at my last relationship I was spending over $500/month on gas driving almost an hour and a half one way to see her on weekends and sometimes during the week as well. To be fair, she drove to me quite a bit as well but that shit does add up.

I make decent money and live alone, so my disposable income goes towards all manner of ridiculous things.

You're thinking Itsuki; the nerdy kid that bought the wrong AE85. Iketani owns the Silvia and had a bad patch with a beautiful woman.

Man.. I've got two cars, a motorcycle and a house but sure as hell don't have $75k comfy cushion in the bank. More like $3-4k after payday.

I fix milling machines a couple times a week, gotta do something with all the extra time.

>tfw tired of rent
>want to build a garage house
>zoning laws won't let this happen

It'd be stupid to waste money on regular house id hate

I'm holding on to it because I don't have a great skillset and I feel like I'm working at this job on borrowed time, my coworkers and supervisor like me but if I got laid off I'd probably be working at a restaurant again for close to minimum wage.

Just buy a cheap patch of land outside of town, build a tiny house there on the weekends and then pay for a concrete slab and a fat steel garage next to it.

I used to feel the same way, but it's actually pretty nice having a "normal" house. Easier to sell if you ever decide to move too.

>zoning laws won't let this happen
Find a small house with some property and build a big detached garage.

Yea, the AE85 is the one that got the turbo, I don't remember him getting Takumi and pals to help install it. I remember it being a Brian O'Connor pop the hood moment. Then him and Takumi go up to the mountain and he gets made fun of for modding an economy car then Takumi pushes their shit in while mentally thinking how shit the car is to drive

I actually prefer small living spaces. A barn like garage would have more than enough room for living space. I do get what you mean though, it's the type of house for 1 person only

I have considered this workaround, actually have a neighbor who did it. A solid year of butthurt between him and a few busybody old people who didn't appreciate his cracker box house with a garage 5x the size behind it

I put 100 dollars from every paycheck to the side for "fun money".
Thats 400 a month so not bad.

I make more than enough money to spend but i try to be somewhat frugal. I dont like being broke

>tfw 26
>tfw make 30/hour
>tfw barely break 3k in bank

I need to start being a massive jew too

Pic related but mostly for laughs.

In the end we're all alone and there is no destined person out there for anyone. No matter how close you get to another person there will always be that distance. Infatuation may make it feel otherwise but after it wears off you'll be disappointed.

Not to mention all the time you wasted that could have been spent working on your car

Depending on where you live the market isn't great right now to buy. Interest rates are good but house prices are through the roof it seems.

By getting scrapyard garbage and trying to make nicer on uni student budget

>and $75k in the bank at 24

>but most of that cash is just from being a massive jew.

Tell me your secrets

Don't worry about it, let's go

>have decent job that gives disposable income
>too exhausted from work every day to ever work on car

I have about $3k in parts laying in their boxes that I will never get installed

I hit junk yards on the weekends.
Someone else's junk is another mans treasure.

Pic Related. Swapping out a tranny for an auto geo metro.

35 year old factory worker with no family. All my overtime goes to my cars.

>Cheap car
>Cheap parts

I save 60-70% of my income just to buy car shit. I have got my daily expenses down under $5 a day (food+fuel, work pays for my phone) and I pay my insurance as a lump sum every year instead of saving that fortnight.

I saved $26 thousand in 8 months and spent it on a new (to me) car 6 weeks ago and now I'm back to saving to buy myself a new 4x4 truck because my cars and my 2 cats are the only thing i have in life. I literally spend Friday and Saturday nights drinking alone with my cats.

How are those? I have considered getting one for my commute since they get mad MPGs and are basically free.

Downside is I live in the rust belt so it will probably disintegrate after a year