Veeky Forumspinions on debadging?

Veeky Forumspinions on debadging?

Tacky as fuck. Especially if you do it to a base model. On the same faggatory level as taillight tints.

rude desu u lucky u got dubs cunt

doesn't look good on a big area like on the back of that subaru.
maybe if you moved the plate up onto the boot lid it might work

Makes waxing easier I guess. Looks good on some things, others not so much

I like it personally. It makes everything look clean. Contrast to the other user, I would only do this on a base model or a sleeper build. If you paid for the high end, let everyone know.

Some cars have ugly as fuck badging, some don't. Just depends on the car

Means a kid owns the vehicle.

depends on the car, for example I was considering a Kia Koup and would debadge it because the front/rear doesnt look bare without the badges...a ...and I dont need to be seen as a kia by everyone else

whereas that impreza looks crap because there is a massive open panel

I can't stand the current gen Fiesta logo, not that I mind driving a Fiesta, it's just the typeface is god awful, and the badge is even more horrendous.

Left the ST badge though, like a proper faggot.

>cool v6 bro

:^)

>cool TE37s bro

:^)

Pretty stupid in my opinion. People either already know what car it is or they don't. If they do know, then they know you did it because you probably have a base model engine. Otherwise you wouldn't remove that top of the line engine badge.

That's not that bad, especially since it's how the Euro models come from the factory. Did you also switch the ST logo to the other side?

I've been thinking of doing the same, just don't care enough to bother cleaning up adhesive etc.

Big blank spaces look ugly. Badges usually are pretty aesthetic little details on a car. People remove them because they just want to change every little thing they can and pretend like their car is "tuned"

Nah, I like how "left ST" automatically signifies Fiesta, even though you should be able to tell just by looking at the car.

Depends on how busy the rear end is and what typeface the badges are in.

There's three badges on the back of mine, and I wouldn't mind taking them off and just leaving the brand but I couldn't be bothered

>not wanting people to think you have the poverty package

Why? Makes embarrassing people who don't know the subtle differences a lot easier

>browsing used cars
>think I've finally found the one
>rear-view: debadged
REEEEEEEEee

This, pretty much.

I used to do full debadges, but now I only really "pare it down" from like 3-4 to 1.

Like the back of my 2011 WRX hatch had "IMPREZA", "WRX", "SYMMETRICAL AWD", and one of those "omg my Xth subaru I

It's fine in some cases, but if you leave a dealer badge/let a dealer badge hit your car, I'm judging you.

ESPECIALLY if it's a performance model. Fuck nothing triggers me more than seeing "JIM BOB BILLY'S LEXUS TOYOTA SCION CHEVROLET AND MORE" stickers on the back of a fuckin performance vehicle.

Looks good on some cars, doesn't look good on others. end of story.
Who the fuck cares if it's poverty-tier or high end? Nobody on the road cares about your car for more than 5 seconds, and nobody you know in person is going to care that you debadged your car unless it looks ugly as shit afterwards like in the OP.

Why are tinted taillights tacky? I always thought that red is such an arbitrary color and that it simply doesn't go well with many color schemes. Of all the things I judge people on for modifying, I just say "cool" when I see neon green taillightts on the back of a black e-class

>Why are tinted taillights tacky?
No one should have tinted tail lights past college age.

>Why are tinted taillights tacky? I always thought that red is such an arbitrary color and that it simply doesn't go well with many color schemes.

That "mod" is been done thousands of times, it's played out. The light is red for a reason... Too fucking bad if it doesn't go with your autistic "theme"

Not only is it tacky it's just fucking stupid because it's limiting the light output of a pretty important safety feature. If it were my country you'd be at fault if you ever get rear ended.

Good when the badges take away from the look of the car. Otherwise it just looks awful (see OP's pic)

Only people who debadge are people with something to hide.

Looks tacky as fuck.

My friend, bumper stickers are tacky, fancy rims on an econobox are tacky, blacked out anything is tacky, and those are all things adults do

>limiting light output
Maybe we're thinking of different things? I'm talking about replacing the red glass entirely with a new color, not just adding a layer to the red. No loss of light there

This shouldn't even be legal.

>spend fuckton of money on new car
>immediately have to get hair dryer and floss out to pull off dealers bullshit badge

Unless I'm getting a weekly stipend for the advertisement, that shit doesn't belong on the car. Flat stickers are worse since they are a bigger chore to remove.

Worst offender though is when they couldn't even bother to put it on straight

That's even more retarded, at least tinted lights are still red. Your brake lights are required to be red

>lots of people do it so you shouldn't do it anymore

Maybe so many people do it because it looks good?

What's your point? I didn't endorse any of those things.

I bought a new car a few years ago and flat out told the salesman I would refuse to purchase it if I ever saw a dealers badge near it.

I hate it myself. I feel the same way about "shaved" cars. I love the look of badges, trim, handles, keyholes, ect.

Are you a drug dealer or a nigger?

Do you drive an Infiniti G35?

lmfao

My car has LED Tail lights, and Ive driven behind people with same car as mind with it tinted, and you can see the light perfect.

As for me, When I hit the brakes its like a searing beam of light. I literally see the person behind me face complete lite up in red.

>tfw I almost bought one but got somethin better
>wew
(not him btw)

It's great until you take away the manufacturer badge. Then it looks odd.

The issue of poor light output is alleviated with most modern cars having super bright LEDs. Cars from a few years back and older aren't as lucky

You have to perfect the art of the walkout

I think this is what my cars rear would look like if I still had badges, idk. I've never seen a gs-R with badges and mine came without them.

>I just say "cool" when I see neon green taillightts on the back of a black e-class

Except that's illegal. What happens if someone visually impaired managed to confuse them for a green light at an intersection? Lights are coloured the way they are for a reason. It's called "encoding" - we give a certain value (in this case, colour) which represents a meaning.

If someone is THAT visually impaired they shouldn't be driving in the first place.

He kind of has a point though. Sometimes I'll be sitting at an intersection and that green left turn light in my peripheral fools me into jumping.

I've had this happen, even after years of driving in the same area. There's a double set of lights and the timing varies. When the far ones turn green sometimes I start to go, but then realize I still have a red.

Tons of JDM import vans are flooding the Australian market at the moment, and nearly all of them have their dealers sticker on them. It's subtle though. And all in Japanese.

Would these be okay to keep?

As far as luck goes that is unobtainium

True, but if you wanted to do it properly you'd get some decent PnP bulbs to mitigate the tint

The real issue with tinted tails is people go mental and make them completely black. If you're going to tint them just use laminx

Japanese dealer's stickers on your JDM van just make it more JDM.

>Buy car used
>No badges but everything else is in good condition

Hey it's that "you can't tell what car this is" fag

As much as the car is a ricer magnet, one of the things I did like about the third gen Eclipses was how they "badged" their cars by subtle imprinting it on the bumper.

You can debadge the diamonds and it still looks clean without being awkwardly absent of listing the make and model

You are completely right, but most don't and drive around with brake lights you couldn't see if your eyes were pressed up on the lens

If the badge is in moon runes that's fine. No one will be able to tell what it says.

The previous owner of my 2004 Nissan SE-R debadged the rear Nissan and "Sentra" badge and left only the front Nissan badge and all the SE-R ones. No complaints here, looks much sportier than other Sentras of the same year

Interesting, I am the opposite to you. I took the badges off my 550i so it looks pretty much the same as a 520d to most people. I bought it for me to enjoy, and I like how it flies under the radar most of the time.

been thinking about that, also going around looking like i drive a 520, but i get so happy every time i see that M, not sure if i'm gonna do it or not