>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webms
>Motorcycle Memes & Banter

/dbt/ map: drink, fight, fuck
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator: will I look cool on it?
>cycle-ergo.com/

Git gud:

Boring webums with sounds:
Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/australia/takeatest.html
youtube.com/watch?v=QuJ8EiKsdjk
youtu.be/qMlSv6fuJsY
youtube.com/watch?v=vOqVzV-WtXI
liveleak.com/view?i=32d_1472643913
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gonna stay on topic with the OP image for this question.

I have State Farm car insurance and I just got my first bike. The motorcycle insurance they offere is far from expensive ($270/year for a 2015 CBR300R) but they do not offer any medical coverage. Should I look elsewhere? My medical insurance is quite good but ideally I'd never have to worry. I know shit adds up fast when you get fucked up in a wreck.

how do they not offer medical?
i have medical through them on my bikes

Buying an English wheel this weekend, going to build an aluminum tank that doesn't have damage-prone hips sticking out and weighs half as much.

that ought to be a fun project.
first time futzing with an english wheel?

Driving over 500km tomorrow to visit my Dad tomorrow and staying a few days.

Has a shit ton of trails right down the road from him, including hidden lakes and stuff that you can only get to through the woods.

Should be a good time.

What action cameras do you all use?

How do you mount/wear it?

What bike do you ride?

I bought a cheap SJ4000 that came with a fair amount of accessories, I want to ride with it this weekend when I take my bike home.

>deserted road at night
>sv650
>guy in some old shitty looking dirtbike pulls up next to me
>revs at me
>rev back, race initiated
>rev to 6k, crouched and ready to rock, he is just sitting there like normal
>light turns green, i let it rip, almost wheelie in 2nd gear, going as hard as I can
>after about ~1s he flies by me like sanic who just slammed a kilo of glass
>literally redlining in 6th and his lights are distant specs

god damnit he was squidding too

Any of you dummies live in Denver?

Come riding with me, I'm here until tomorrow night.

Yep, I've done a little bit of hammer forming but this is something else entirely. I can make it from as many pieces as I need, since my welds look pretty good. But I'd like to only have welds where there's creases right now. I gotta make a mock up

>Reasons I don't do freestyle MX

They make tank protectors.

*Chinese Wise Voice*
Faaaar East of the Going Pro.

hero4 silver
shitbikes mostly and now an africa twin that i feel like i need to find a new pov for

The gearing on Dirt bikes is crazy.

You probably would've had him at 70mph tho.

BTDT

My fuel tank has quite large "hips" I get around it by attempting to not crash. So far it's going well apart from one lowside that only scratched the bar end, foot peg and the stock exhaust I've since changed for an akro.

Wouldn't catch the 'Berg till about 100mph.

was it a 2 smoke or a big thumper?

watch your fingers on that thing

ill repost another racing story

>friend buys r6
>first bike, literally a week after he bought it he wants to race me
>night, deserted road etc
>time to roll out, when light turns green go for it
>can see other road turn yellow, i crank it to just below redlining
>look at him, he clunks it into first
>green = go
>can feel myself slipping from the bike I'm going so fast, almost like I'm lowbar squatting the air
>hit 100mph, never gone that fast before
>slow down, turn around
>friend apparently killed the engine by letting clutch out too quick and fell over
>plastics destroyed, leg crushed, had to use a cane for 3 months, bike fucked up hard
>sells it to local shop and buys R1

and thats how my friend died

Whaaaat?!?!

not sure it was like 1am and i was tired as fuck, just saw guy next to me with a bike, was LOUD as all hell though

only bike i've ever heard louder was some squidding faggot on a harley whose bike was so loud i actually thought I was going to have a heart attack when he pulled off next to me, it was ear splitting and 100% illegal how fucking loud it was, felt my teeth rattling and couldnt see straight for the vibrations

so called the dealership today to see whats going on with the ignition being replaced on my bike.

turns out the part is back ordered till the 19th, they have had my bike since the 18th of last month. this shit is painful

times like these i miss having 2 bikes.

What shitty bike is that?

was it going ring ding ding or thumping/roaring?

What bike is that?

loud pipes save lives brah

not gonna say but its euro.

im going back to a japanese bike. at least when shit broke on those i was able to get the part a couple days later.

Thanks KTM

HANE BEST GIRL

KTM actually has really good parts support here. There's a dealer in the next town over, and also an online dealer within an hour away so I can order a part and have it arrive the next day even with the free shipping method.

How many miles have you put on your bike in a year? I'm around 10k

I used to do 20k+. Now it's like 3k

/dbt/ warned you, why didn't you listen?

Husaberg FS550e
52~ HP
250 lbs.

Haven't you got some european backpackers to boss around?

Any AT webms yet?

Are you a racist shitlord?
implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/australia/takeatest.html

Really, damn, at least it kept from spilling the gas.

I don't track mine so go figure.

Leave a big space in front of your car at a light? I am gonna filter up and take it despite filtering being illegal. This makes you look more able as a driver because only a someone with really bad depth perception would leave a space big enough to fit a smart car in front of them at a light.
youtube.com/watch?v=QuJ8EiKsdjk

nohing too exciting yet, i think my gopro died before i started really fucking around yesterday, still copying those over anyway
getting some from the Veeky Forums meet done though

SJ4000
chin mount (pic related)
DR650

stuff breaks about as much as my japanese bikes did. the problem is the wait time on the parts.

Americans sure are weird about lanesplitting.

Just do it lmao.

HELP

/dbt/ was dead when i first posted this

the CARB(s) is not the issue

It is stupid that America is, as far as I know, the only first world country that doesn't allow it with the exception of california. I only filter, I won't lane split moving traffic as here people really aren't expecting that and won't check for bikes doing it. Filtering stationary traffic is perfectly safe cause no one is moving though.

check the cams and cam chain

nice scooter, faggot

it's a 2 stroke

What bike is it?

Could be the cct

thanks

it's not too bad so long as the cars are moving sub 30 km/hr. Over that I won't either.

SV1000 is a scooter now?

no cam, 2 stroke

suzuki ts 250

>implying you so far as to know what a scooter is

Say more words and you will be on the same level as this man one day.

I use a Mobius, wired up as a dashcam.

youtu.be/qMlSv6fuJsY

>people say ADV bikes can't offroad
CC, I expect webms of this level from you.

>loud pipes save lives
>thats why ambulances dont have lights, people can just hear them when you're on the highway going 80

PIPES THAT TURN AROUND TO THE FRONT TO HAVE 360 DEGREE AURAL PROJECTION FUCKING

W H E N
H
E
N

i keep my brights on at all times and welded my horn button down for maximum safety

XR650R, mebbe.

I know it's always hard to tell on video, but that didn't look all that extreme

youtube.com/watch?v=vOqVzV-WtXI

might have been that desu look similar though his was white

???

i dont fucking know dude they all look the same

it was whatever your bike was

xr100r
got it

Kek

It's not that they can't, it's just having an extra hundred and fifty pounds of bike to muscle around and pick up is not recommended.

I would say webm off, but I only have the two right now

Just got a Drift Ghost-S. I can't stand how chin mounted cameras look.

filtering was only recently legalized there right? How have other drivers reacted to it?

probably a bearing out somewhere. Does it use needle bearings behind the clutch basket?

most people don't know this but the 100 in XR100 is to represent the 100 horsepower it produces.

>split
How wonderfully wide your lanes are, how light your traffic is...

so make some more

the lanes here are wide enough to fit an extra car in. too bad we can't even legally split with a bike.

Do you mean how they look on the helmet or the video angle they produce?

Damn, my friend's parents must've been off their rockers when they bought him a brand new XR100 for his 10th birthday. I don't know how we survived riding that thing.

looks like plenty of room to me but if one person is too close to the line I can see where you're coming from

Only fags use high beam during the day

like that brotruck riding right on the white line. Even the full sized bus was farther over than him.

Vice versa

It's been mostly legal there for a very long time.

Sunset isn't too bad. When I used to have to take Olympic, I collected a few mirrors.

>legal
No.

How they look. I automatically associate it with retarded 'motovlogers' and edgy sport bike kids.

It wasn't illegal, so what would you call it?

We're talking about Australia, not California.

Is that on the new 8hunnit?

>no idea what post number replied to my V-Stronk shim comment
I have changed the oil twice since I've had it; about 2300 miles between the changes. I do not know how often or with what oil it was fed prior to my ownership, but it appeared well-kept. I feed it Motul 4T 10W40; oil came out a little dirty but still translucent.

Ah, well I for one don't really like cameras hanging off the side of the helmet. The drift isn't bad due to its somewhat streamlined shape but I think side mounted GoPro type cameras look retarded.

yeah its legal in sydney and nsw(I think) now don't think queensland yet but I think its supposed to change

Nothing beats the Gopro-on-top look IMHO.

IMO side mount still looks goofier

Been legal in QLD for about a year now

ah yeah haven't been there for a year now

They only turned a blind eye to it because the shit harleys chp had overheated in traffic. It was illegal. Just they couldnt be hypocrits and let chp filter and not civilians

liveleak.com/view?i=32d_1472643913

Well, I've got a Sena on the other side, so I think it balances out nicely. I would have gone with the Stealth 2, but the lack of removable batteries was a deal breaker.

They made it legal not long after NSW.

Really need uniform laws over tho whole country. My helmet isn't legal in any other state except QLD as it only has ECE and not the ADR sticker.

thought this was gonna be moto crash gore or something

I will nigga