WHEELS THREAD

Talk about them rims boye. Your faves/disfaves.

Haters make me famous btw I'm a fag.

Other urls found in this thread:

avantgardewheels.com/m621.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>not having authentics
Get on my level

>tfw rpf1s and tires show up on Friday

>MK2 Supra wheels on a MK1 MR2
I really like it bros.

First of all why?
Second, you have to run adaptors from 4x100 to 114.4, which is dumb
Third, WHY

square

not him but OEM 80s toyota looks a lot better than that gaudy shit you posted.

>gaudy
>OZ fittipaldi
You know not of what you speak.

2/10 see it on every stancefag mobile

>not going original manufacturer brand over shitty ricebait
Fucking plebs.

kek

Literally what?
They are rare and most of them were +38 offset.

>why
Um is it really that bad looking I think they look good.

>going with heavier crappier wheels on an underpowered car just to stay OEM
>then adding spacers for more weight, weak point, and destroying already fragile wheel bearings
Smart

This

OEM or kill yourself desu lads.

Anyone bought from croooober?
Is it a good place to buy?

most oem wheels are ugly and shit

This honestly.

True but most aftermarket wheels are absolute ugly trash as well.

>Veeky Forums discussing wheels
You faggots will argue about anything. Mods should just delete these threads.

so don't fit them and pick the good ones.

how hard is that?

lel

Its faggots (likely mods) that come in and post the opposite of truth or provoke fights.
It happens in just about every thread

Shit car boring shit wheels.

shit taste m8

I'd rather go with the original Supercharger spec teardrops. Shame they're only 14s.

>Its faggots (likely mods) that come in and post the opposite of truth or provoke fights.
Point exactly

Look at 16v VW Gti wheels, or w.e. enkei teardrops. should fit and be easier to find

Damn bruh where you get those

lads

Should I buy these for my Mk6 GTI?

avantgardewheels.com/m621.php

bruh

Why not use the superior OEM rims?

tfw my wheels came with the pleb tier non-brushed aluminium/black trim finish.

My wheels! I love them.

Spotted stock Honda Civic Hybrid wheels on the road today, I have to say they look rather good with that circular brushed finish. I would've expected the Honda crowd to be all over them and I guess they would fit well on old wedge Preludes and Civics, but apparently not. Definitely underrated.

yo dawg

They are cool in a similar way as Volvo's drive-e wheels.

80s and early 90s originals best wheels. get fucked newfags.

Also cool but in a more frightening way, they look like sawblades.

hell yeah those look cool

I like these OEM Ferd wheels but I cant find any info on them, mainly concerning weight

Fug

lol

What do you think?

Nice. Shame you can't park without curbing them.

That's the only thing I hate about them, I have to be extra careful when parking, I'm thinking of putting some 16s or even 15 inch wheels, but I can't find any that look decent that fit

>ricer wheels, ricer wheels everywhere

finding decent vw fitment wheels is easy

Not when everyone and their dog around you buys 5 spoke compomotives or similar

sounds like you're upset they have better taste than you

Good taste isn't defined by eating the same shit as everyone does

Thinking of putting 17" Trofeo 4's and Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Specs on my FiST. Do it?

16s are better on fiestas, but they're ugly af desu m8

Would be sick if Ford went FUCK IT and built a 2L Turbo rear wheel drive or all wheel drive Fiesta RS

garbage ricer shit

Sparco make some nice looking wheels last I saw, so you must have gone on their website and deliberately chose those abominations.
So basically yes, get them.

Gotta agree with this, 16s will afford you more grip and more stability but are hideous.

>rims
Please learn the difference

This autist again.

I dont get it so who makes those wheels volk or rays

Played out.. Looks like an aftermarket wheel so it just makes all gtis look bad

Here in Europoor literally 9 out of 10 people are buying these fucking JR wheels even on "top" tier cars like RS audis and nissan GTRs.

Whats a good brand to buy in europe? Having hard time finding other brands.

I rock poverty wheels

Red pill me on Rotas.

They are durable as a street wheel, contrary to the many who think they are extremely delicate.

The real issue resides in their weight. While the metals used are just as durable as any other wheel, the metals used are cheap and therefore way too heavy, decreasing performance.

BTW while we are on this topic, are there any lightweight wheels with style at around 18"? TE37s are one of the best. Can find them used at around $1500-$2000. Anything else out there?

Just how much heavier?

Love these things the day I saw them. Finally got them on last week.

Depending on your wheel size and width, the average genuine Volk TE37 meme wheel weighs in at 12 pounds or even less. Depending on the style and size, Rotas weigh in 18ish pounds. All around with the 4 wheels combined you probably could be putting on a extra 20ish pounds, which really isn't good when comes to simple bolt-ons like a wheel.

Also when I compare say, Rota BM8's/Shakotans to Hayashi Streets, you can tell which one is which, even more so with the "Alecia", the Hayashi Yayoi "Sakura" knockoff. The finish comes off as a little cheap on some rota wheels.

I really recommend just buying used real wheels off of Croooober or YAJ.

>Croooober or YAJ.
Why not ebay?

When looking for something specific, I tend to find some wheels overpriced.

I was trying to find some Southern Ways Epsilon Meshes, and they were all way too expensive, and especially for the conditions they were in. Same when I was looking for some SSR Formula Meshes in a decent size. I would have been better off buying the SSR wheels new for $2200.

YAJ and Croooober are more complicated, but the wheels you may be looking for could be common enough to buy them at reasonable prices. Buying them mildly used, and at slightly slimmer widths can make the difference in prices by the hundreds or thousands.

Croooober I really like because they are a full, responsible corporation with a pretty good selection of wheels at hand. It may take some time to look for what you want, but its somewhat the same amount of eBay's "legitimate" used sellers (unlike all the companies that just post ads for new wheels). The staff speaks engrish, they communicate to you at all times on the shipment, etc.

I can vouch, I bought some extremely rare Focus Racing Focals/Spokes off of Croooober. They are so rare there is no official documentation of them online, only in the shape of a JWL database book, in paperback form.

I got them for 940ish CAD, and they were cheap because:
>some paint corrosion that can fixed
>unique but specialized PCD for 1977 Jap cars
>slim wheel width and offset. Any wider that 7 inches and I would pay double. I've sets of 2 go for $2000+

Even SSR FM's in wide sizes such as 10J and 0+ offset were a reasonable price for four wheels since they were common enough in japan, and they weren't someone trying to make money back off of absurd shipping prices.

Sparco Assetto Gara, Axis Sport XT, or Motegi MR116?

I drive a 2015 focus with sport trim, pic related is pretty much my car. imo these rims were good at first but now I hate how dirty they get. are there any good 17 inch 5 spoke rims out there?

literally never saw them in Germany
oz

Where is the best, cheapest, and easiest way to find 15 inch GM wire hubcaps from the 80's?

Cool. I'll def look into that.

How much were the average prices for a set of 18" Volks TE37? On Ebay it was around $1500-$2000 used USD. If I can find it a bit lower, genuine and in good condition, I'll buy it on the spot.

Most of them are from Japan so shipping is going to be insane, like $300-400?

Also how long does shipping normally take from that site? Like 3-4 weeks?

Not the other user but, I'm going to order from Crooober in the next bit, but it seems that they use FedEx for shipping and it's listed at 1-3 weeks to Canada. The online quote came out to about $450 for the set.

>mfw all these Lexus fitment wheels for pennies.

Momo

Christ! Where are your mudflaps!?

OZ, momo, and BBS

SSR Professors and Work Meisters make me wet

BBS, OZ, Speedline, Ronal, ATS, Team Dynamics, Roin, Compmotive

rate my wheels Veeky Forums

Those wheels are like 29 pounds each.

looks kinda rad desu

Not a huge fan of them, but at least they're era correct.

Yeah, I don't think anyone's a fan of those.

Work with the budget you got though! :o)

I like them. Those are oldschool Momos from the late 80s-early 90s.

Here's my FWD.

fucking hell
here in poland it's like every second "enthusiast" car has these cheapo chinese pieces of shit

bomp nyukka

Look in good, dude! If you don't mind, whatd you give for em and where from? What car are they on? The car lot I work at has an E55 that's wrapped flat electric blue with a set of those but concave in gunmetal and it looks pretty sharp. If this thread is still around tomorrow I'll post a pic. As to the purpose of this post though, I'm a fan of simple 5-6 spoke wheels. I drove a mkiv supra for 7-8 years and the 2 sets of aftermarket wheels I had were both thin 5 spokes. First set was 18" Enkie RP-01s. Had em in 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 Later I put fender flares on my car. I moved the 18x9.5s to the front, ordered a set of 18x9s and had them stretched 3" to an 18x12 and put them on the rear with a custom half inch billet spacer and extended studs and painted the wheels black with the center around the lugs silver. This was in 01 so it was a VERY difficult undertaking. These days you can get everything needed to do it on local craigslist! Anyway, I broke one of those rears sliding into a curb in the rain one night after about 5 years of riding on them with no issues and my insurance company bought me a set of CCW SP500s in 19x10 front and 18x12 rear. Ran 18s rear so I could get a stickier tire(345/30/18 BFG drag radial). Here's a pic of it with those on it...

Need help guys, what brand and model are these?

hows the process of buying hre? Do they custom make everything or do they have common sizes? Are they light, good quality.

What wheels are those? Forged?

Was watching Jay lenos garage and he had a guy from hre there. They said the process is basically here are the faces we make. Pick one, tell us your specs and color and it's done. Curious to hear from user too though.