Hey Veeky Forums I was recently given a 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage for free completely stock...

Hey Veeky Forums I was recently given a 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage for free completely stock, looks exactly like the one in this photo, I already have a daily driver and don't see and point in boosting this car, so it is pretty much a second car. I was wondering what you would do with this car?

It has only around 100k on it and maintenance is kept up. I was thinking cold air intake, bumper stickers, maybe the exhaust.

Other urls found in this thread:

rpw.com.au/mitsubishi-lancer-ce-4g15-modification-guide/
lancertuners.com/mitsubishi-lancer/threads/best-n-a-mitsu-engine.8730/
lltracing.com/dohc-conversion.html
lltracing.com/store/p41/4G9X_DOHC_Conversion.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Makes for a great daily as is. Possibly better on fuel and indestructible to boot stock if it's got a 4G15. There's a fair bit of shit that can be done with the 4G15. Have a read through this;

>rpw.com.au/mitsubishi-lancer-ce-4g15-modification-guide/

If the urge to rice is too strong do it up like a VII GT-A.

Probably sell it imo, I doubt I'd drive it enough to justify keeping it around seeing as I already have an econobox and a motorcycle.

You could swap in a 4G63 and make it a sleeper if you really wanted to spend money on it.

Make a 4 door clone of 2sexy

>Buy Evo 5 front and rear clips, doors etc.
>swap engine, trans, doors, bumpers, fenders, trunk lid.

>swap in evo V trunk pan for the rear diff mounts.

Evo V clone.

Turn it into a trackday toy

The 01 mirage is the same chassis as the evo IV, V & VI. evo VII used the 02 lancer chassis

Thanks for this post, there's an 89 Mirage with a 4g15 near me, but I have no idea what to do with it if I get it. The only source for 4g15 DOHC's are Hyundais here in the states, and god knows what the damn koreans did to the design (Also the only Mazda FEDE in the states is a Kia, fml)

There's a lot of 'make it an evo' but what if I don't have the money? Maybe I am cheap enough to keep it FWD and want a little more oomph? Reading link now, will post later with vitriol

They swapped over to the Cedia platform or "CG" series by 2000 over here. The "CE" series lived on alongside it briefly, though mostly as the 2-door coupe.

I always thought the Mirage/Lancer thing was just a naming difference.

What I would do is get a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo (either a 5 or 6) Half cut, with the rear floorpan, and begin a conversion. 4G63 swap, AWD swap. It's been done before, but it's a LOT of work.

Pic related. A guy in the Phillipines wanted an Evo 5 coupe, which Mitsubishi didn't make. So he bought a Mirage coupe, and converted it, complete with a floorpan swap, AWD conversion, and the 4G63T

And this was its fate last time I checked the build thread. Some drunk dipshit in a Mitubishi truck decided to purposely rear end him for passing him on the highway. Said drunk man then pulled a gun on the police at the scene when they asked him to step out of the truck.

He said he was gonna rebuild the Evo coupe using another Mirage coupe and salvaging what he could from the first one.

See, this.

This right fucking here is why i don't want to spend effort working on my car, because i know some fucktard will destroy all that work probably 2 minutes after i do it all.

.living in fear because of what some crazy asshole might do
Brilliant way to live. How many years has it been since you've left the apartment?

gut it until it's barely legal

>R

bump

OP Here.

>Mighty Car mods
maybe...

This mirage surprisingly has the 1.8 in it I'm guessing the engine code would be the 4G18 and modifying it would be pretty cool if some of the 1.5L mods could still apply.

Sounds like a lot of work, I might as well buy an EVO V with a blown motor and slam all the parts on my mirage.

I've been looking at this.
lancertuners.com/mitsubishi-lancer/threads/best-n-a-mitsu-engine.8730/
>pic non related

>4G18
4G94. and nope. Completely different engine family than the 4G15. better though.

>better
How so? just because of the larger displacement?

>just because of the larger displacement?
for the most part. The 1.8L has its own aftermarket if you bother to look.

Any recommendations right off the back? The engine is healthy and stock. I wouldn't know where to start since my daily is a saab 9-3.

Would that be for the 4G93T from the Lancer GSR/Libero GT or was there stuff for the NA ones too? I'd assume the MPFI ones as opposed to the GDI.

Personally, I would start with either a DOHC conversion or a rear disc brake conversion.
DOHC swap:
lltracing.com/dohc-conversion.html

unknown. The 4g93Ts are rare as fuck though.

sorry, that link is for an engine swap.
here's the conversion
lltracing.com/store/p41/4G9X_DOHC_Conversion.html

No prob bob, appreciate the help
this project car is looking to be a lot more inexpensive then i originally thought.

>The 4g93Ts are rare as fuck though
It was common to swap in a 4G63T instead. With a stock exterior the GSR would look like another CC series Lancer to normies.

Not quite as performance-oriented as the Evo III/IV it existed alongside and fairly thirsty. You could daily one without issue though.

keep in mind that conversion is in Australan dollars. You still have a big expense shipping to America, but Australia has a bigger aftermarket for the car so most performance shit you find will be from the Kangaroo fuckers.

Probably the nicest thing that ever came from the Philippines car culture-wise.

bump

Strip it and rallycross it