Truckerfag thread: Lonesome Road Edition

>Obtaining a CDL: How do?
Community College or a dedicating truck driving school. Do your research and don't get sucked into a "school" that's actually just a meat grinder for a shit company. Do not pay over $5000 for a course that lasts several months.
>How can I into avoidings shit companies?
Here are some decent/good companies:
pastebin.com/Sv0cyWyH
If you don't see the company you're looking at included on this list, lurk moar.

>I could totally go to school but I'd rather be a trucker.
If you think you'll love the lifestyle, maybe. You'd be better off getting a """""real""""" job. You can fall back on trucking at any time, but it is essentially a path of decent money for those that fail at everything else.
You can have good business sense and work ethic and make it big as an owner operator, but you would do even better at any other job.

Obligatory meme section
-----
>You will get fat.
>The only clothing you'll own are pajamas.
>The only reason you get paid well is because you work 70 hours per week.
>The longest relationship you'll get is 15 minutes with a lizard.
>Eating nothing is better than roller dogs.
>You have the most dangerous job in the nation.
>The D.O.T., Police, and Le'dash-uh in receiving hate you, and will harass you every chance they get.
>Other drivers hate you.
>Your job will be obsolete once self-driving trucks become available.
>Your loved ones miss you.
>If you don't change careers you will forever be considered a cuck and a homo. Especially if you cuckbox with another fag driver.
>lol 'murrica
>lol yurop

>4 4 K E K S
>4
>K
>E
>K
>S

Old thread got spammed out by raid from /?/

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/Zhr1KQP
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Loneliest road you've driven?
I'd say US93 through NV, 10 miles at a time without seeing anyone else north or south bound

Fuck Alphonse

Replaced leaky supply air hose myself instead of calling breakdown. Am I real trucker?

Nice Cascadia

What's the cheapest lizard you've ever fucked?

I payer $40 for vag from one in NV. I'm not a trucker though, just a degenerate

>hiring lizards
>not fucking whores for free on tinder

Wew

Just sent in a request to try and get into a Sage CDL school. Anyone else gone through them? How was it?

Half dozen tamales and a blowjob in Texas for $20

Old thread was nearly dead anyway.

A small trailer has randomly appeared in the loading bay. On asking wtf was up with it, I was told it would be moved. 8 hours later, it was still there.
Someone better shift it. It's blocking a power point. I'll even help them hook it up; I've been trained in it.
I am a goldmine of random training in things due to the recession and being a scout for years. And just through the power of being able to take instruction fairly well.

So, not only do I sort out a warehouse, load vans, and pick orders occasionally, I can clear ice from the freezer, clean floors, and also start a campfire, cook on it, pitch a tent, pack for a few nights camping, and haul shit long distances on foot.

Goodness. Do you cook meth too?

Just idling chilling might head to Denver this weekend to blaze it hella hard

why do you think anyone cares about anything you just said?

Yeah but did you move the trailer?

Wordpukebot? Or shitposter? The world may never know.

Not yet.

Does anyone care about what YOU just said?

Not my job, and I'm not insured/authorised to move anything motorised around the warehouse anyway.

>a job I can finally grow my beard for

Its a good feeling

>tfw haven't worked all week
Goddamn I'm a lazy shit.

Dexter really likes eggs over easy.

I got an interview with JbHunt for a weekend road call position. Looks like I'm back in trucking, boys.

What happened to swift

Brace yourselves

Guy who's tires keep getting stolen here.

Manager had the brilliant idea of parking the trucks really close together at the end of the day so they can't get to the tires. No idea how long that will last, but what a fucking waste of time to spend doing that. Not to mention the risk of shitty sleepy drivers scratching their trucks trying to move and re-dock them. Just put some fucking stud locks on shiet.

>he doesn't know what happened to swift

CHECK THESE REPEATING DIGITS

No you won't

Anyone know of the idle timer can be disabled through the ECM on a 2017 cascadia? My shop won't answer the phone and my tripack is broken, again.

Have you tried leaving the tractor brakes off?

Set trailer brakes leave parking brake off.

FWIW, that doesn't work on my KW. After 20 minutes of not moving it still shuts off.

I think we need to make a change dot org petition to keep you off the road.

Cute bb dex

Truck breaks off trailer on
Or go find a dangle bit near the back and unplug it while in idle
Or neutral, brakes off cruise on trailers on. One of those oughta work.

>ask for hometime usual amount of time
>you are only allowed 3 days.
So the shit the other guy was telling me WAS true. Well fuck this. This run to salem is my last run for heartless. Can't even break 400 a week and now this shit? No wonder every yard is a ghost town.
>mfw they wanted drivers to bring day cabs to texas. no volunteers
So they starved a few guys who were at the terminal with the trucks to "encourage" them to volunteer
Lock nuts would probably be the best idea. Also engraving serial numbers onto the rims would do good too. Then mosey over to the nearest pawn/mechanic shop and give the numbers one of my former roomies kept getting his grill stolen and had to walk down to the pawn shop about once a week
I think they hold off on the DAC check until you are on site keep your fingers crossed.

The '16 I had at Roehl, if you waited for the check engine light to flash (indicating auto-shutdown in a moment) and floored the gas pedal, it would cancel auto-shutdown and idle indefinitely. If you hit the clutch instead of the gas it gave you an extra five minutes.

What is you lads most favorite thing to eat on the road aside from the usual roller dogs, McDonald's and amphetamines? I crave good BBQ like you wouldn't believe out on the road. But it's almost impossible for me to get. Specifically BBQ brisket.

Sounds like you need a crockpot. Through some slow cook bbq in there before you start driving and it's perfect by the time you stop for the night.

I usually pick up some steaks when I'm in cattle country. Great quality for better prices than you'd pay elsewhere. Pan fry on my hot plate or sometimes I find a rest area with those charcoal grills to use

Looks like someone had and interesting time at this asphalt plant.

Asked the plant operator and he told me another delivery guy had water in his transfer hose and it blew the lid off the strainer when it turned to steam and pressurised it.

Driver got covered in hot sticky black shit, but suffered no burns as he had all the proper PPE on.

Breakfast places.

Any and all

bumpity

>So the shit the other guy was telling me WAS true
What did he tell you?

>Can't even break 400
Dollars? Pretax? Fuck

Hello truckerfags. Can you please recommend a good CB radio that I can install easily into my vehicle (or just a handheld kind) so I can talk to truckerfags?

Budget is $100 - $200. Thanks!

Correct they will pull DAC after they "like" him. The fact that he keeps trying is beyond pathetic and honestly a disservice to humanity and the rest of us who share the road

Not aware of anything handheld. Are you opposed to mounting an antenna on your vehicle? If not, they do make smaller magnetic antennas you could use instead. But I do quite like the idea of seeing dual 4ft Firestiks on a small car

I obtained a cdl through a college school program. I had financial aid because of my parents financial situation. Took out a small loan and paid it back in a year. Went to Schneider for 2 years and moved to Ruan for an additional 2 years and growing. Pulling target Freight.

General freight is for plebs.

You'll be sadly disappointed unless you live in a really dense area. Most truckers don't have a CB, and those that do never turn them on. I've been back in trucking for the better part of a year now, and I've only heard one person using theirs. My own coworkers don't even use them when convoying.

Literally have tried every single method beforehand, but it shuts down no matter what.

What will you lads do when robots take your job?

Will typically cook/grill food, pack it, freeze it, then take it out on the road with me since I have a fridge/freezer with a portable oven. Takes about 30minutes on average to heat meals.

Other than that, just snacks like peanuts, jerky, fruit veggies, etc. You'll want to stay away from fast food since it does terrible things to you. Not unusual to hear Niagara Falls pouring from some guys ass at a truck stop. Not to mention weight gain.

>Truck drivers banned in the future
>Become an outlaw trucker
>solid black needle-nose Pete with low profile features
>Take dangerous loads and avoid cops
>Use back roads to get to where I need to go without drawing attention
>Hopefully cloaking technology is a thing by then

Could be awesome.

Contact your company, I don't know much about law, but I'm pretty sure it's illegal to stick your driver in a truck that literally can't run heat/air during his break.

Do something that isn't so fucking shitty.

It's more illegal to idle your truck tbo. There's nothing about that anywhere.

I only know of Texas having a law like that. everywhere else I've been, you just suffer if it doesn't have working ac.

Unless the human population tanks incredibly this will never happen.
Unless capitalism is changed this will never happen
Unless the singularity happens this will never happen
Greed,Lazyness and the need for a scape goat will always ensure some form of driver.
They lost so many drivers corporate decided to maximise the run time of the remaining ones and yes that's before tax. It's fucking ridiculous.
Look, he hit a pole and acted like an idiot.
There are hundreds of sriver just like him You don't need to go all social justice warrior on him for that. he's going to be miserable at hunt as is.
There is something it's like 100 bucks and you get garbage range it's like a glorified walk talky.

I always find a CB useful in a traffic jam. Most drivers I've experienced try to coordinate lanes and warn other drivers.

Become heavy tow driver; fish robot trucks out of the ditch everyday there's light rain.

This thing

>Antic looking non autonomous, fossil fuel burning 18-wheeler
>LNot drawing attention

m8 you didn't think this through at all. What are you gonna do the day a googlecar dashcam IDs you and calls the feds?

>implying google isn't the replacement government at this point in the future.

Phew, fueled up with 12g to spare.

How much important shit do you guys miss? I'm probably going to miss one of my best friends wedding tomorrow because I'm getting cucked by receivers and won't have enough time to get home.

Why not just go?

>wedding
>important

He'll be divorced in ~6 months women are all whores

What happened to making $25/hr. as a 911 dispatcher?

My reply is in there I feel honored

>go to CB shop
>used Cobra 29 peaked and tuned for ~$50
>Astatic mic ~$40
>hand crimped coax off a reel (packaged pre-crimped coax is pretty much always broken) ~$40
That leaves $70 for your choice of antenna and brackets. Talk to the guy behind the counter. He'll probably spare you the details of trimming and tuning calculations for antenna selection and pick you something that's the right length in your price range. Installation usually runs around $150, so it's out of your price range, but ask him for advice on getting a good ground and that'll be half the work done for free.

That sounds abysmal.

What's wrong with your radio? You should at least be picking up skipshoot in the static if your antenna is attached.

I don't miss anything because I'm not a company cuck.

imgur.com/Zhr1KQP

Oh box trucks, you so silly

Operate the robots.

Automating my warehouse job would require either an extensive rebuild with grabbers and conveyor belts, or just motorising the dollies. And someone would need to guide them, clear out the wheels, retrieve them from the loading bay, and clean up after them.

I will laugh the day that the vans drive themselves, because then I'll just be paid to ride along in a self-driving van, entering addresses into the system, and then hopping out to haul stuff and do customer service.
Which I've already proven I can do while training newbies or coddling drivers with bad backs.

What would you haul? Would you roadtrain and smuggle things wholesale, or go LTL and run smaller packages?

>There are hundreds of sriver just like him You don't need to go all social justice warrior on him for that. he's going to be miserable at hunt as is.
Read the image. He acted smug and got all high and mighty, demolished a pole, and then acts like they'll let him drive a truck again.

Either he'd drive the backroads so he wouldn't get weighed (after driving every kind of truck that's ever been made), and would lack autocars. Or he'd go cross-country, stick to dirt roads, or batter through whatever in a big ex-soviet off-road truck.

I was not expecting that violent of a reaction.

This. Also kekked at how unfazed the suv behind him was, he just paused for a couple seconds and started driving away almost immediately

nothin' wrong with the radio. I heard one rebound all the way from salt lake of this dipshit going off about he was a black man in mormon country and how crazy that was. He had one of those long ass lines he's always say in some variation. I turned the radio off the rest of the day.

That's a Boston suburb, Westwood.
It has a low-hanging bridge carrying Amtrak and MBTA where trucks crash into it EVERY OTHER DAY. Seriously, I feel truckers should be educated entering this road (and Sturrow Drive, or any road in Boston for that matter) before crashing their trucks and complaing about their shit.

They complain about hitting that bridge? I mean, you can see the 10' 6" low bridge warning in the gif, there's really no one to blame but the driver.

>skipshoot
I get the occasional skip in Australia

CQ DX CQ DX VHQ07 Brisbane

That is about the only time the AM radio gets used otherwise it is all UHF here.

Lies, just like his """"""manager"""""" position.

Good luck with the hurricane Pepsi, hope you don't flood. Sending good vibes.

Kek
eminem brings entertainment to this thread. I always refresh waiting to see his next fuck up, whiney was getting stale.

Did he died

Nah whiney is better. He consistently fucks up a little bit but not so bad he gets fired. Eminem tripped right out of the box full retard mode and ended his career before it even began. His whole saga was fascinating though, I'd like to turn it into a stage production. It's a great story.

Whiney never acted like he was gods gift to trucks

>fly into truck stop on 9 wheels with 2 minutes left on my 14 hours clock

y-yea, awesome trip planning right guys? I knew it would be ok....T-this whole day was totally under control....I'm just good with time...

You guys ever driven with your fuel cap unscrewed?
I just did on hilly terrain and for like 8 miles. Steps were soaked in diesel. So was the DEF filter.
Waiting on that explosion any second now.

I work as a fueler for these trucks while I'm in school. The trucker life isn't for me, but I applaud you guys for working 10-15hr days 6 days a week and putting up with dumbass drivers. The limited times I drive these things are always god awful, even when they have only 80k on the clock. Some drivers are cool, some are dickheads. Also, fuck trying to reverse park sleepers with broken utility lights in the middle of the night.

I never did either faggot.
Made/turned in my resume last night. Waiting on call back or will call them back Tuesday.

Once they pull your DAC you are done for. Just tell them straight up and stop wasting their time.

Where in that lost did user stipulate he was referring to you?
Paranoid fuckwit.

bumpin cuz of the resident autist

First post indirectly referred to him
Second post directly referred to him
Lurk more

>that last thread

wew. this place is toxic as fuck.

This. To elaborate further, they need your information to pull a DAC which is collected during the screening process at orientation. They will be able to see almost everything after that; however, they cannot tell if someone has fired you.

Not even thr company that fired you can say they fired you, but most companies can put everything together and figure out why you're in their office to begin with.

You're not entirely out of the job, you'll just have to try really hard to find someone who will take you.

I know this since I was fired from Swift for a jackknife on an icy ramp.

What was wrong with the last thread

2nd post has no reference of him. Just whiney.

Lrn2read

one day emeinem will let you suck his dick irl if you keep white knighting for him

Nobody reads tripcodes.

>driving for companies that auto-shut off your truck for idling
lmao how do you people even find companies this shitty? I have literally never heard of any company doing that in my part of the country

Don't dash his hopes. Let him dream

I am user, killer of dreams, fucker of mom's.

You do know this isnt a driving job right?

Lol one of our drivers log book is complete shit