>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webms
>Motorcycle Memes & Banter

/dbt/ map: drink, fight, fuck
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator: will I look cool on it?
>cycle-ergo.com/

Git gud:

Boring webums with sounds:
Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9EFMJg1bxmU
youtu.be/zEdETIjfngo?t=90
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for now none of you pricks can be first

First for cumming onto WR user's seat

>bike threads outside of o
>bunch of nobikes posting stock photos and benchracing
Truly saddening

R.I.P WRanon

Here's another one.

post links?

Thinking about getting a haircut today, it is getting to be too much to wear with my helmet. It's been about 9 years since my last one. Should I just shave it?

fukken hippie

Creepshot of my baiku

>9 years
Post pics, hippie.
Or are you a grill?

I also have asses if anyone is interested.

any pics i take at the bike shop always look terrible

It's the light. Take the pic with the light source on the back.

Going back and making webms of crashes I've seen

ehh could just be my phone, that and that hole in the ozone layer, some days it looks like the sun would burn your skin within a few seconds if you stepped out of the shade

Whos the whore

Neighbor. She's pretty cool

Just casual contemplation:

I recently started wondering about buying a cheap little enduro bike for fucking around when bored. I live pretty far from city and i have a lot of forests, couple of abandoned excavations, generally lots of rough terrain. I loved biking around those places as a kid (i mean, in normal pedal-bike), i guess having a nice little enduro would make it infinitely better.

I don't know shit about bikes though. Is it a good idea to buy ~125ccm two-stroke, or will i want more power after a while? Or is there any sense in going down to 50ccm for saving money? I could sell it later and get something more powerful, but i don't want my first enduro bike experience to be about trying to climb up on small hill with a bike that barely moves forward even on flat surface.

50cc means that's as fast as a bicicle, especially in the case of scooters
125 is plenty for casual hooning, 300s are already in the racebike territory

>reading threads on reliability on the BMW forums

>Since this thread popped up again after 3 years I will update. I am up to 66k miles. The 2010 F 800 GS has been from Alaska to the southern tip of South America, and from South Korea to Spain and back to Reno. My guess is 10,000 miles off pavement. No break downs. I did replace the sidestand switch when it had an intermittent fail. I upgraded the front rim to a sun rim after hitting a pothole. I upgraded the stock shock to Ohlin at 29k miles. Before leaving for the round the world trip I replaced the Stator with the upgraded one. It looked like it was near failure at 40k miles. At the same time I replaced wheel bearings, and steering bearing, and put in a new fuel pump and filter. Those did not seem to be near the end of their life, but it seemed to be a wise precaution. I am thinking the bike will last the rest off my life . I am 64. Dave

I don't want ever to be old guys.

300cc 2 strokes are a lot of fun for sure. The power is surprising, pretty easy to get into trouble on them

If you don't know how to ride a bike get a 250f, something like pic related.
A 125 will kill you, they still do 0-100km/h in under 5 seconds on dirt and you have all of that power or none of that power there is no middle ground.

125 is alright, 2 or 4 stroke, the classic dual sport 4 stroke can be better ( ex : wr125r ) as they almost don't need any service and run as good as a car on the road.

for serious enduroing ( jumps, rocks...) any classic 2 strokes 80 will do the job just fine

old bike dudes are the best to chat to

the way I figure it anyone who's survived their whole life riding a motorcycle probably isn't a dickhead

You sniff her seat?

>Present bikes:
>- KTM 690 enduro R. I loved this bike and it was perfect EXCEPT for the fact it's so unreliable. First bike went thru 3 engines/9 FI systems in less than 30K miles. A second wasn't much better. It's hard enough to deal with in first world countries where there is better access to parts & shipping but even there unacceptable for a "transportation vehicle" that needs to be dependable. It just sits gathering dust.

Sweet baby jesus.

That does make sense user. There appear to be quite a few guys in their 60s and 70s in the adv forums and those "I think the bike will last for the rest of my life" posts hit me straight in the feels.

I always thought the power on 300's was disappointing, i always thought they would be more powerful than 250 mx bikes/450's but it turns out you have to do a lot of work to them for that to be true.

"my bmw never had any problems, i simply don't let any piece hit 20k kms !"

kek

>50cc means that's as fast as a bicicle, especially in the case of scooters
What the fuck are you on? My old Aprilia SR could reach 90km/h with a broken ass engine.

It's like natural selection. Anyone who acts like a cock on a motorcycle is way way more likely to get turned into a road crayon. So if you've reached 60 years old and you've ridden your whole life you're probably not a squid

so, 250ccm 4-stroke is still "slower" than 125ccm 2-stroke?

I wanted to have two stroke because that's the only kind of engines i'm familiar with, i know how to set up things properly and roughly how to troubleshoot - but if it's really so ultimately powerful, i guess i should step down a little. Knowing my limits and not doing stupid shit was never my strongest side.

No they are more powerful now, 150cc 2 strokes race against 250cc 4 strokes these days.
125cc 2 stroke is still lighter than a 4 stroke though.
If you have the money to spend on something like pic related id suggest that but they are fairly expensive bikes.

One of the best bikes i have ever ridden.

Also my scooter had more than 30k km.

I don't think he realises 50cc dirt bikes are literally for 6 year olds.

>comparing Aprilia 2t to old ass 50ccs

thats adorable

LMAO YAWNEHA BTFO

>especially in case of scooters
Scooters don't go like a bicycle.

I let her sniff mine from time to time

Fug

Any /tourers/ ITT?

>touring on a naked sucks
>invest in heavy duty tent pegs
>soft luggage is fiddly as fuck, get hard luggage
>sub 150mi fuel range is a liability in the bush, what if one fuel station is closed for the evening/weekend/public holiday?
>minimal, easy to use equipment is better than 1000x fiddly doodads after a long day's riding
>wear earplugs, a scarf, and don't wear a heavy backpack

That's unfortunate. You guys weren't even going that fast.

>touring on a nekkid sucks
Hol up

Get something like a xr250, rmx250, kdx200, xt350, dr350, or klx300. These are all dedicated trailbikes with tame power that won't bore you for a long time and can be found everywhere for cheap.

just get some plastics that pushes air up as it hits you bike because aerodynamics.

I ride with the K-Mart of trackday organizations, the standard to ride in 'advanced group' is really low. Those guys were riding 15 seconds a lap slower than an average novice racer.

hard luggage is only good if you dont plan on leaving pavement, it becomes a liability if you fall on it.
pack wool in cooler months and always bring a bunch of extra socks and skivvies

Grill or long hair

>grills
on my /dbt/?
its less likely than you think

>touring on the simplest lightest bike possible makes for the most riding fun on the twisty roads you should be traveling
>invest in a light fly and skip the constant setup and breakdown of a tent
>soft luggage is versatile and never a liability
>sub 150mi fuel range is sad and pathetic
>minimal, easy to use equipment is better than 1000x fiddly doodads after a long day's riding
>wear mesh gear that dries quickly, real gloves, and pack lots of fleece

I know ybrgrill irl ask me anything

post a timestamped pic with her for proof

I said I know her, I can't fucking summon her to my side with a viking horn at my workplace

I'm her m8 with the cbf

>don't ride main highways
>>no twisties
>>higher consumption
>>traffic & trucks
>>no fucking twisties
>if you're a poorfag, osmand or googlemaps on your phone + iems works alright, but you should practice closer to home & get used to the timing of the spoken directions.
>textile suits are better for all-seasons riding.
>i like to wear a thin glove under my riding gloves. synthetics in summer, lambswool in winter.
>also a balaclava that extends to cover my neck
>panniers carry far lower COG than topboxes (obviously...)
>don't cheap out on tyres

>I can't fucking summon her to my side with a viking horn at my workplace
fucking figure out how nigga
also shes what, one of 2 females to ever grace this board?

Shaft-driven is best-driven.

That we know of, for a general thread on a relatively minor board that's a better ratio than the rest of this site

Are there any motorcycle review channels on YouTube? Just channels that go over the details and show test rides of a bunch of bikes. Like saabkyle04, but with bikes instead of cars. Most channels I can find like that are 10% reviews 90% boring motovlogs.

what type of bike is most likely to attract the sluts

Last night was bath night.

stretched busa

Ducati or Harley Davidson

Or, more accurately, any bike that you say is one of the two

harly davidson

youd just get a bunch of lot lizards though, but they are sluts none the less.

>a light fly
post pics/link

>When your insurance values your totaled bike $1100 more than you paid and your deductable is $1000
Wew

F 8 0 0

PHAM

H-h-hi.

Girl, obviously

look at this fucking squid

This is what I use, a small Kelty Noah's Tarp along with a tent footprint from Marmot to lay on. Plus the outer two shells from the army ECWS bag, which is waterproof.

youtube.com/watch?v=9EFMJg1bxmU

this video elicits a feeling in me that i cant quite explain, but its a good feeling.

o hai!

eurofag or amerifag?

Euro.

Are you happy with yours? I have some doubts about mine, it's kinda expensive and I'm a bit silly.

very. it's my second bike, perfectly practical for all my intentions.
not a cheap toy, that's for sure... really want some handguards before winter too. i see you got some acerbis guards on. apparently it's a bit of a trick to get them to fit around my fairings & screen though.

just about to leave work. will try to post more pics when i get home.

>yes i get paid to shitpost

>14 km daily commute
Not sure how I feel about that

Where nigger, don't pretend that's long

>14km

?

are you complaining or are you surprised that you have such a short commute

Complaining, because that's on the other side of the city and riding in the city isn't fun

>even starting your bike for city commuting
rather trash a scooter with those useless miles

>americans with too much money

It's fine if you've got a stronk japanese bike.

Hehehehe

so, is it long or short?

>~30km daily commute
>except winter i was always using bicycle to ride it
>now i slapped pathetic 50 ccm engine on bicycle (please don't laugh too much) so i can ride with reasonable speed

it's nice though, to have to ride through several calm villages and forest roads every day

But user, a scooter is exactly what you've all been calling my bike before

>too much money
Europeans doing mental gymnastics again!

fuck off wr Anton

youtu.be/zEdETIjfngo?t=90

If I was rich as hell I wouldn't commute on a motorcycle I'd be on one of these.

>halfway between a top tier full suspension MTB and an electric dirtbike
>can still bunny hop it and such

would be the best.

But I have a bigger bike than him,

oh it's a 250. well that classifies it as a scooter, you're good to go.

>Vietnamese kid from class asks if I ride because helmet
>Says he has an R3 back in Vietnam
>Asks what bike
>Show him picture because nobody knows what the fuck an MV Agusta is
>He knows the bike and asks if it's an F3
>Asks to see it
>asks to ride it
>Figure fuck it hand him the keys and let him putt around the parking lot
>Guy had the biggest shit-eating grin on his face I've ever seen
>tfw I made some foreigner's day by letting them ride my shitbike
How was your day, /dbt/?

Electric ones are glorious. I was even considering building one (obviously not as awesome as high-ends), but prices of batteries are pretty much unacceptable for my college student budget.

Well, at least i'm generally faster in traffic than average car. I can use bike lanes, and even on the street i'm accelerating faster and hitting 50km/h anyway (which is usually max speed in city streets).

>letting r3 riders ride a literbike

>Shitbike
Am I being b8ed

>be me
>be at work
>some dude at work asks me to put oil in his bike
>do it
>start ignition
>BLOOBLOOBLOO fuckin 3 liters of oil all over the floor
>nigga didn't tight his filter
wew

anyways after that
>12k km check up at MT 125
>comrade asks what MT stands for
> dude it stands for
MAXIMUM TORQUE
>we all three look at each other
>laugh ass off because 125 with maximum torque

To be fair he was vietnamese so it's like letting an Indian ride a bike. They're really fucking good at riding because it's basically the only way to get around in their country.
>Missing screws
>No speedometer
>Frankensteined parts
>Multiple hours of work poured into it
Shitbike.

Is there literally no speedo or does it just not work?