ITT car trends that are fucking stupid

I'll start with this shit that just came to my attention.
>Squatted trucks
Recently moved to a southern US state and this is all the rage with upper middle class young rednecks.

When I first saw one I thought it was the typical blown shocks or he must have some heavy shit in the bed I couldn't see but after seeing the 5th one in the same day I started to lose even more faith for this shithole I live in.

I'm not a big fan of stanced cars or the minitruck scene but I get why some would be and the appeal to it. I cannot wrap my head around the appeal of squatted trucks. Reverse rake is probably the least appealing suspension stance a car could have and to do it on purpose doesn't make any sense to me.

tldr the 'Carolina Squat' or "Tennessee Tilt" is the worst car trend I have ever seen. pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HX_Q3C5bCsE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Holy shit that's what that is

I went down to Myrtle Beach for vacation and I saw like 15 trucks down there with their rear ends sagging and I was like damn they got fucked up rear suspension, like you said blown shocks

>"Carolina Squat"
This is fucking awful

Yeah they are everywhere here. I'm just a couple hours away from Myrtle. I used to live 6 hours north and have never heard of this - neither have my old friends.

I think I finally know how most of you guys feel about lowered/stanced cars.

>upper middle class young rednecks

What fucks with me is I knew kids from new york that would get into that shit when they moved to florida,

They would come back with forced hick accents, dressed in full camo, got fat as fuck and started using chewing tobacco.

FFS I know "when in rome do as the romans do" but god damn there has to be a limit.

The theory is that it gives you most of the breakover combined with sportier handling on the road but now it's just a youth culture thing taken to nonfunctional extremes like stance.

never seen this shit, but i bought a lowered truck once and I could hardly see shit at night because the headlights didnt reach too far.

I could see thte same thing happening with this.

How shitty does it make your road vision, or do these cucks have a wedge pillow for their gay truck

and thats why you live near the coast to avoid inner florida shit

What the shit? I live in rural VT and lifted trucks are everywhere, but I've never seen this. Is it supposed to be cool to have your truck look like there's a 400 lb lady in the bed?

Just fuck my visibility up.
Also when did this start happening?

Apparently around 2012 in the Carolinas and has spread to other southern states.

Click at your own risk
youtube.com/watch?v=HX_Q3C5bCsE

Loved my whole life in the south and can confirm that other truck drivers (even those of us with lifts) thinks that's fucking retarded. They're the stancefags of the truck world.

uhhhh wouldn't the visibility be absolutely fucked bc you're literally pointing at the sky? These people shouldn't be allowed to breed

Can confirm, also VT. Lifted, not squatted

>TFW niggers started the Carolina squat trend

Live in Tennessee, can confirm Tennessee tilt is a thing. These trucks are usually adorned with a Confederate flag.

WHY HAVE I NEVER HEARD OF THIS

my fbody squats in the rear but the handling feels light and responsive and the rear gains mad traction on throttle

it looks like shit but it handles fantastic. i don't want to ruin it

Two other VT fags here? Wut

Also a vermont fag reporting in. Live in Burlington and never seen that shit

I thought nothing was worse than lifted trucks with terrible rims that would never see anything besides the road... But this combines that and terrible stance

Holy shit I'm glad I'm not a cop in the US, the first guy I'd see like that on the road and I'd make him chew those fucking hooks off with his teeth.

I think it was a mistake to move away from Coke bottle styling and muscle cars.

Pro touring classic cars are fucking overdone.

There's some dude in my neighborhood who did this, I thought it was just me being retarded at first but holy shit it's an actual thing. How do their headlights work? How do they see what's in front of them? I have a hard enough time on a stock height 2016 Suburban ZL1

It's a sema truck, most of those are pure show vehicles, very few actually get driven on public roads. Exposition vehicle.

Fucking "truck nuts". Nothing says "I'm a farmboy fucking shithead who acts tough to make myself feel better about my penis size" better.

Agreed, I wish people would just keep them original. At least not do shit like that or the Crowmod

I'm pretty sure truck nuts are some post-ironic camp thing. No one serious about his dick extension truck would put a shiny ballsack on it.

'no'

I don't know what you're trying to say with that post because your picture isn't pro touring. Pro touring is stuffing an empty classic car shell with all modern Technology and huge wheels and skinny tires and muh custom made engine bay covers that make it look like a fucking Star Trek set piece. I don't wanna talk down the craftsmanship, but it just looks awful.

Hes talking about shit like this. Not your bone stock looking camaro

I remember seeing this for like a month on Fagbook and never again. I want to believe it was just an elaborate joke people participated in while installing lift kits

You wouldn't do shit.

You'd be fired, there is nothing illegal about those hooks

Oh, I thought you were talking shit about >muh vee8
That's a fair opinion to hold, especially when the craftmanship sucks. I even saw a "restored" 70 Charger fitted with a fucking I4. That was fucking heresy.

>production cars with fewer than a hundred airbags illegal
>putting car crushing ram bars on your truck for no reason is perfectly fine
American logic.

At first I didn't even notice what was going on I thought they were just parked at a weird angle to the camera.

They will actually help in a crash, assuming the frame wasn't modified.

You want a strong bumper so it will distribute the force across both framerails as evenly as possible, in the event of a overlap collision.

I hope every single one of these daft cunts dies a slow, agonizing death from cancer disintegrating their own lungs.

A heavy ass truck will be reasonably safe in a collision anyway, your moronic bumper will just kill others to possibly prevent monetary damage on your vehicle.

I HATE this shit even worse than your carolina lean truck because i really dont see those around here in tx

But this shit right here, this fucking cancer. You get suspension parts that increase the vehicles track and weaken the suspension. You put a block inbetween your leaf pack and your axle to lift it. But not too much or else people can see your mostly stock suspension.

Then you purchase a 4000 dollar set of ridiculous 22×12 american force billets.

You stretch the smallest lowest profile tires thatll fit because you want to reduce the monthly payment on your wheels/tires because them indians at the wheel shop arent shy to leave you rimless in the morning

Then you do it all to a top trim hd truck that you put 8000 down on and will pay the remaining 62k over 72 months.

They are literally the wheels and coilover crowd of the truck community.

And worse this shit is the only lift that anybody does around here

Congrats, everybody knows you just got your first couple of paychecks as a pipeliner

Jesus we did this 20 years ago in California.
Front suspension does all the work,ass end is just along for the ride. This lowers center of gravity and has minimal effect on terrain absorption at high speed.

>it was a mistake to move away from garbage

nope

t. Bus rider

Except that nobody in South Carolina does baja racing, and probably not even shiny expensive looking Cali lean trucks from California itself do. The ones that do baja racing, whether recreationally or competitively, are usually banged up midsize trucks with unpainted offroad fenders and definitely without chrome wheels and bacon strip street tires.

t. you hurt my feelings so I say a generic meme response user

muscle cars are garbage
coke bottle is just boomer wankery

prerunners arent the same

>muscle cars are le garbage
I don't think you merit nonmemetic responses.
W E W
E
W

>tinted lights
>tinted front windows
>tinted windshields

my first truck was an f150 with this type of lift. was fun to fuck around in haha

I neither understand what's meant by fucking around, how the stance of the vehicle influences your enjoyment of it, or why this entire topic is supposedly funny enough to add 'haha' to the end of it. You type like a 17 year old.

That isn't my problem or responsibility, assuming they are at fault.

This shit has been a thing since the 50s.

And what if you're at fault? And in what way is the proportionality of risks and uses not calculable enough to preemptively forbid such modifications? Do you really think the public space works without compromises? Do you have no comprehension of the elimination of needless dangers in the public space?

Every performance based modification eventually becomes exaggerated for visual appeal. That thing is probably useless but originally a similar stance had an actual racing use.

That's a gasser tho.. Thats called thick ass tires in the back and thinner and smaller ones in front. That looks overdone with it up that high

Dip will do it to their mouths

American racing wheels are the biggest meme for classic Chevy but damn they're perfect on 1st gen Camaros

No, torque thrusts look terrible on everything.

>everything must be padded and safe
>I can't even control myself at the thought of even a curb, they must all be torn out because they are a lethal tripping hazard
>don't even get me started on those unsafe stairs

Car accidents happen, it's your responsibility to protect yourself. Buy a fucking suv if you are that worried about it. Same goes for motorcycles.

More likely to get emphysema

It's funny because you'd be allowed to buy less nannying cars if you didn't have the risk of getting t-boned by railroad ties all the time.

>usually adorned with a Confederate flag.

wow...fucking bigots

But they sell lotii in the US.

That isn't the reason they nanny cars here.
You see, over in the British isles, it's a mere 40 chains drive to anywhere of importance.
Over here in fucking merica, I commute 50 fucking miles one way to work a day. In my lifted pickup.

Sucks to be you, it's fifteen minutes for me from putting on my shoes at home to turning on my computer at work.

I don't mind it at all, just kicking back about two hours a day listening to good music and moving a wheel around every once in a while to pass a truck or something.
If I choose, I can take back roads almost the whole way at the cost of 15 minutes through beautiful wine country. If I had a convertible, I'd do it every day.

Also what's your realistic proposal for self responsibility in motoring? Are we supposed to enter a race for ever bigger bumpers and ever taller vehicles until we all drive semi tractors to work? What's the fucking point? How are people supposed to afford that shit? Have you thought this garbage through at all, or are you just spouting simpleton opinions because you're too stubborn and self important for actual solutions?

Again.
It's about risk assessment.
If you want to lessen your risk of dieing, you drive a hummer
If you don't care, you buy a motorcycle.
It also greatly depends on where you drive.

I can see where you are coming from. Assuming you live in Central London, you have a 5000% greater chance of getting in a car accident, as almost anyone in the southern states.

Again, if you want to care about nothing but yourself the only compatible society is one in civil war. The only reason humans can even productively coexist is because of curtesy. Your increase in safety from a railroad tie on the front of your truck stands in absolutely no relation to the increased hazard your vehicle now poses to all surrounding motorists. Plus not everyone can afford the measures to protect themselves from your egomanical presence in public. I can't even comprehend how you can possibly imagine a society where everyone thinks like you working.

Because it isn't big enough of a fucking percentage of vehicles to worry about it.
And when even a stock f350 hits your shit little hatch back enough to enter the cabin area, you will still be just as dead.

Categorical imperative, educate yourself about it.

"Act only according to that maxim whereby you can, at the same time, will that it should become a universal law."

You can't just put yourself above other people because so few people do that it can be buffered by everyone else. If everyone drove your kind of vehicle, public traffic would be fucked.

Also every damage taken by a vehicle's crumple zone is damage not transferred to another vehicle. Or in other words every damage prevented by your railroad tie will be transferred to the other vehicle. Physical forces don't just disappear.

Tinted taillight covers seem to be getting more common. I wish police would ticket people over that. Along with blasting music, but that's hardly new.

Lifted trucks in general are annoying because they're usually modified to be unnecessarily loud and operated by people who don't know how to drive. I don't know if they think they don't have to follow the rules since they have the biggest vehicle or what.

Lastly, there's the stack of stickers in the rear window at a uniform slant. I don't really know if it's a streetracing thing or what, but I've only ever seen it on typical wannabe streetracer cars. It just looks gay. The last car I saw with stickers like this also had a drift charm.

If that is common, it would explain why new country music is so shit. It's poppy to appeal to the musical tastes of such urbanites but with cringy, forced lyrics about rural living.

Nigger.

It would be 100% fine for any area I drive in if everyone drove lifted trucks. My entire work is lifted trucks.

I can damn sure make myself better then everyone else, that's fucking capitalism, freedom, and American ways all rolled into one.

Enjoy your communism, in the form of little bubble cars.

christ.

As in a firebird/camaro/trans am? They have notorious fitment issues somebody probably only had the dosh to fix it in the back. Level it out in front.

Hey fuck you, central fag here. We got lifted trucks here in Avalon but they don't look like they're taking shits. Most of the people I know with lifted trucks actually take them off road/mudding.

Wasn't the trend in the 1950s to have a low front and high rear? Like hot rods and stuff, this makes no sense though

Truckcucks have reached a new low

>florida
>avoiding shit

On a truck that's for towing/when loaded. Used to sell "leveling kits" which I guess if you could put on a modern pre-leveled truck would cause this effect.

I live in Columbia and have yet to see one of these. I thought this was more of a Cali thing?

white people = niggers

Can confirm I am a pipefitters/welder and I see all to often 1st years pulling up in cars witch are perfect for the line of work because we travel alot and after a month or two they pull up in pic related with huge knobby tires and shitty rims and a stack and then go on bitching because there buying new tiers every other month because the shear miles we put on vehicles drives me up the wall.