Tailgating

youtube.com/watch?v=eSE3fkeHAmo

Why do people tailgate? What exactly are they trying to accomplish? How do you deal with tailgaters?

What's the point of brake-checking? How is brake-checking performed and under what circumstances? What do brake-checkers expect to accomplish?

They're either:
A.) Uneducated or
B.) Being an asshole on purpose.

Either or I never brake check. If somebody happens to break driving 101 and rear end me my tow hitch will rip into them and I may possibly sue.

>threads that have been posted 500 times

Tailgaters are dicks, but brake-checkers are fucking lunatics.

The only time I sympathize with tailgaters is if someone is hogging the fast lane.

Sorry, user, you must be new here. Let me give you the run-down. On Veeky Forums, threads do not remain accessible forever! Yep, they're deleted after they reach the end of the 10th page.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and have a great time on www.Veeky Forums.org/o/!

>that guy that tailgated you on the offramp and actually tried to pass in his lifted truck

Tailgating is the universal "get the fuck out of the left lane" signal

If you do it to drivers in the right lane, you're a douche but it's fair game in the left lane.

Just get the fuck out of the way.

No it doesn't matter how fast you are going, just get the fuck out of the way. Stop holding up traffic because you are a pussy and your shitbox is unstable at speeds above 50. Just get the fuck out of the way and we won't have any problems.

This.
Although turning on your left blinker is better and people usually move over.

It depends.

Tailgaters on single roads, or in the right lane are utter cunts.

Tailgaters in the left lane going at ridiculous speeds are also cunts - e.g. when somebody else is also passing at say 80-85mph on a 70mph road, and some cunt going 100+ tailgates them before they can pass back into the right lane.

But I can understand people tailgating retards who don't use the left lane properly; e.g. I've seen some people fucking driving at 50mph to pass on a 70mph road - it isn't the 'fast lane' but it is the passing lane and should be used as such.

>it isn't the 'fast lane'
SLOW TRAFFIC: KEEP RIGHT is literally a rule of the road

No, it isn't - it's more a custom.

And I didn't even say otherwise - but the left lane is a passing lane; you're still supposed to enter the right lane again once it is clear.

>states that I've seen this thread 500 times
>must be new here
>logic

>No, it isn't - it's more a custom.
Road signs that say it aren't a custom. They are law. Violators are pulled over for obstructing traffic. I've seen it happen.

Wouldn't activating the horn be more effective? Tailgating is just dangerous. If something happens that results in a collision scenario, then you're guaranteeing you will not be able to circumvent the event.

I understand that smugly putting along at the speed limit in the left lane is pants-on-head stupid, but what goes through a motorist's head to justify tailgating. It's stupidly dangerous.

Another question for you fagg/o/ts: How much space do you generally maintain between yourself and the vehicle ahead of you on the road?

Well if you don't understand the basics of thread maintenance on Veeky Forums, then you must be new to Veeky Forums :)

>you're still supposed to enter the right lane again once it is clear.
Not if there's no one behind you. I cruise in the fast lane but am constantly checking my rear view for faster drivers.

Horn isn't annoying enough.

I was driving home one day. Dude doing 30 in a 45. I tailgated him for about a mile. Nothing. Then I started zigzaging behind him. He got the message and pulled over. Seriously 30 in a 45. BRUH don't drive.

>tailgate someone who is going under the speed limit
>they notice this and slow down more to piss me off
>I pass then as soon as they slow down

Just because I'm tired of people bitching about road etiquette doesn't mean I don't understand how this board works. Part of the frustration is I believe OP is asking questions he already knows the answer to.

>tfw passing as they think an arbitrary solid yellow line gives them power over me

I am the OP (I'm the person you're replying to) and I do not know the answers to the question. I honestly am not sure exactly what the purpose and perceived outcome of brake-checking is. And I don't know why people think tailgating is rational.

Lets be honest sometimes people have a life and death legitimate reason to go 90 mph on the freeway. Because I can't tell through my rear mirror and just get out of the way as soon as safely possible then get back in to the passing lane. Takes less than 15 seconds.

All they guys I've firsthand heard to claim doing a breakcheck are fucking paranoid losers, yes to a man.

>mfw 9/10 tailgating in the left lane encourages the person to speed up

If I'm being tailgated, I'll drive slower than the maximum permitted speed because usually I'm not in a rush to get where I'm going.

I'll often then speed up to the speed limit if they don't pass me and if they tailgate me again, I'll slow down again and you get the picture. If they fuck off from my bumper, I don't slow down. They can pass me if they want. An emergency is no excuse to justify tailgating.

Yeah, I generally move over for people going faster than me in the passing lane.

And the other 1/10 is me who's going to brakecheck and collect your insurance payout

same

>big rig cuts me off
>no worries probably didn't see me
>we both making a left turn, i'm behind him
>big rig takes left turn onto a street where lanes merge up ahead
>i'll just casually pass on the left
>big rig sees me coming up, decides to cut me off again about half a mile before lanes merge
>there's still time
>i jump into right lane trying to pass
>he's firmly in both lanes
>fuckthisguy.png
>jump into oncoming lane
>POOWEERRRRRRRRRR
>as i'm passing he's trying to roll his window down and give me the finger in time
>i already passed
>see him giving finger back in the distance
>wave back

why cut me off twice?

Lol, what the fuck. For what purpose did this person do this to you? What was his race?

This.

It is so fucking hilarious how many retards think that line is an impenetrable barrier that may never be crossed. The look on someone's face when you smile at them while passing on a solid yellow is akin to the look you'd expect to see if you'd just broken every law of physics, lit yourself on fire, and shit on an american flag will throat fucking a bald eagle.

>I honestly am not sure exactly what the purpose and perceived outcome of brake-checking is
Aggressive action in retaliation for some perceived wrongdoing. Irrational actions are not supposed to make sense to rational people.

Ah might be different in the US then.

I suppose. US drivers regularly cruise in the fast lane (at an appropriate speed). You're just expected to gtfo the way if a faster driver approaches.

Some fag on a Camaro yelled something at me for doing something like this. I just smiled and waved back and get just got even redder

>Why do people tailgate?
Because you're IN the WAY, and I'm waiting for you to get the hint.

> What exactly are they trying to accomplish?
Either you pulling over out the way, getting your slow ass out of the fast lane, or simply putting your foot down.

> How do you deal with tailgaters?
If I'm already moving fast enough, ignore the and pull into a slower lane when safe. I don't cruise in the fast lane; I'm a middle lane sort of person.
If I'm already speeding and they're up my backside, examine them carefully in the mirrors. More often than not, police cars have been found doing that. If it's NOT a copper, you have two options. Either ignore, or take evasive action of either dropping the car into a lower gear during braking at the next corner, or simply NOT braking at the next corner, and screaming around bend after bend until they lose their nerve and back off.
If the road opens out into dual carriageway and someone's been tailgating me for miles along a twisty road and annoying me at night, I'll just open up until doing 100 or so and wait for them to catch on.

>What's the point of brake-checking?
To cause an accident, or make them think they're going to cause one.

How is brake-checking performed and under what circumstances?
If someone is close behind you, you suddenly stamp on the brakes without any warning whatsoever.

What do brake-checkers expect to accomplish?
Scaring you into doing 10MPH under the speed limit like they are.

In reality, most of what they'll accomplish is either a swift bash from the front bumper of the car behind, or angering the driver.
Sufficient anger will result in being Burnout-ed right off the road.

>No, it isn't - it's more a custom.

I'm british, and even I know it's a fucking law in the USA. I was on a road trip, and the driver got pulled over by an armed man with a chip on his shoulder about 'hogging' the fast lane to overtake trucks 5 minutes apart.
But he had a badge, so he could get away with it.

He's merely trying to stake out the distance to brake 36 tonnes of metal and cargo should your car break.
But if you want the braking distance to include your car, keep it up.

Cops are dipshits. I got pulled over for """drifting""" on the highway in the rain (hydroplaning actually )

>following so closely that when a the person in front touches his brakes and decelerates a mere 5mph you panic and mash on the brake while jerking the steering wheel and proceed to lose control and roll your soccermom suv
everything worked out in the end

White. Idk man. I usually don't get road rage over small shit but when I do, it's nasty. I sorta regretted doing it afterwards. No point. Plus could have had my license suspended for that if a cop saw me. But fuck that douche for cutting me off and hogging both lanes so I couldn't pass.

I noticed a lot of ppl do that shit. Get in the middle of both lanes that are about to merge, don't let anyone pass, then proceed to drive 5mph under the limit.

MFW

traffic laws are not identical in every state. including no passing on right, left lane for passing only, etc. it's the best practice, but not absolute law in US

A good driver will keep back regardless of somebody's speed in front of them and pass when they have the opportunity. Anyone who tailgates is either to stupid to realize that they are risking there car to prove a meaningless point or is just a literal dickhead who thinks he has a right to speed in his go fast lane. Tailgaters often wind up with a the whole front end smashed in because "the guy in front of me slammed on his breaks really fast and I hit him" which translate from retard speak as "I was way to close and couldn't stop in time".
tldr : tailgaters are as dumb as people who hog the fast lane, a good driver will make a pass when he can and understands that taligating is Dangeorus for both parties.

If you are going significantly under the speed limit I will tailgate you. If someone is riding my ass I usually brake check them if they are really close because I'm always going 5 over and let people pass if I see them coming up.

So you a shit driver?

I took the bait

I said I let people pass but if they are dicks about it they get what they deserve.

Dashcams always on wired to ignition, my car god tier handling and brakes plus my reaction time will outdo even the most sudden of your shitboxes maneuvers. Plus i just pull into the breakdown lane to pass you up WOT if i really feel like putting you in your place. You can be self righteous at 69 in the left lane in a 70, but youll be doing it behind me.

Because they're in a hurry and don't want to slow down and follow you for god knows how long

The question is, why don't you move over or speed up a little and let them through? Why do brake checkers think they're enforcers of the holy speed limit? Are they just little betas who feel good from the rush of power and obedience, or are they really too stupid to understand that the speed limit is more of a reasonable suggestion? Even cops get that. Since they're endangering their own lives being self righteous, i'll go with the latter "stupid faggots" reason.

Brake checking is like punching an irate looking body builder for nudging you and asking if he can cut ahead of you in a line

>B-B-BUT RULES ARE RULES SOCIAL ORDER

I hate slow drivers as much as the next guy but passing on the shoulder is next level douche unless they are going 20 under or something. Enjoy that fast car until you wrap it around a tree or roll it into oncoming traffic, buddy.

>keep back and pass when they have the opportunity
brake checking times don't let them have the opportunity, to the point of driving halfway between the shoulder and the lane if you try to pass there
people tailgate because they don't have fast enough cars to take small gaps when assholes slip up

>why do you need a fast car? - morons

>Shoulder
>largely meant to be a run-off and breakdown area
>oncoming traffic
>trees

there might be a stationary object but it's obvious that you don't drive on the shoulder when you can see one in the next couple of miles

Have you never had someone riding your ass when you can't get over or are already stuck behind some slow fuck 4 cars ahead. I think we can all agree if you are doing it just to make people go slow you are a pretty huge faggot.

When that happens I move over about a car width if possible and signal for them to go around so they can pass the next slow fuck, and if the next slow fuck brake checks hard, hey, it's their car, their case of whiplash, and maybe even their life or their passenger's lives

It's called not being a little bitch

fuck the rules and the social order. if you're going to intentionally risk MY life along with your own shitty one by tailgating, i'm stopping right in the middle of the road and calling the cops. You dont get to decide that unnecessary mortal risk to other parties is OK because you feel like you might not make it home in time to catch your wife cheating on you (or why ever the fuck you're tailgating me while we're both trying to get to the same general area going about the same speed. I understand that my experience with tailgaters has left me sour about them, but its for good reason. Maybe one day you'll be rear ended by a mouth breathing dummy and smarten up.

My point is if you are stupid enough to rage that hard over 1mph you are stupid enough to make a mistake and lose control while you are raging like a little beta who isn't getting his way. It's ok though daddy will buy you another m3.

Brake checking, taligating, sitting in the slow lane, trying to pass when it's not safe are signs of a Piss poor driver. People just try and justify it with mental gymnastics of "hey he was in the wrong lane for his speed" or "hey he is way to close to me and I'm doing the speed limit". Take a look at this thread if you want both side of the delusion. Any good driver realized that both side are fucking dumb as they both put people and your speshul shitbox at risk of getting rekt.

>why don't you get out of the way/speed up
I do. Doesn't invalidate my curiosity.

>why do break checkers think they are enforcers?
I don't know

>speed limit is a reasonable suggestion
Not really. It's literally the maximum speed permitted by the law that is not to be exceeded.

>brake checking is like punching a big guy for you
I guess that's an okay analogy. It's better if the "you" in this analogy is someone who is not moving along with the line as it moves.

This.

It's interesting to see so many posters think of tailgating in terms of passing lane/fast lane rules. Here in LA, the volume of traffic is too high to have an "open" passing lane most of the time, and you're lucky if the fast lane averages any faster than the rest of them. You're pretty much always driving as fast as the car ahead permits.

Entitled fuckheads will tailgate you just because you're not tailgating the car in front of you. Or, retards will just do it mindlessly. Fuck tailgaters.

>why do break checkers think they are enforcers?

>Why do tailgaters think they are the enforcers?

This. If I'm passing cars like the guy in OP video you can wait until I have passed and then I will move over. If you act like a dick you're going to get brake lights (not brakes, just the lights), if you're still an ass I will drop my speed .

>1mph

You're acting like someone wouldn't want to go, say, 20mph faster

If you are stupid enough to rightlessly enforce the speed limit you are stupid enough to get yourself killed trying to play cop for the most artbirary and trivial rules in our society
and even cops don't care unless they are specifically assigned to traffic enforcement for revenue collection. unless your cops are shit, i'm sorry if your cops are shit, mine are nice and go 15 over with all the other people in a hurry.

When someone is being an asshole, people with slower cars literally can not pass safely. It's not possible. The asshole is trying too hard to block them and their car is too slow to get around.

Okay, your wife is in labor, your dog is dying, you have a live grenade up your asshole, and you're going to lose your non-union job for being 30 seconds late, and you are way too poor to afford any number of ambulance trips. Just be a safe driver and accept your fate of being stuck behind Lawman McDick. IRight.

The law is a suggestion. If there is a police officer around and interested in enforcing it, they will suggest that you follow it, usually with violence or financial extortion, but ultimately there is no such thing as a crime without a victim.

>you're bothering me
>TIME TO RISK BOTH OUR LIVES LOL AS LONG AS INSURANCE BLAMES YOU

Wait until you have a tailgater rear end you. "Wow you stopped way to fast."

I remember watching a video of a cop taligating a street bike and when he stopped (obviously a bike can stop way faster than a car) the cop hit him and then got out and said "you stopped way to fast" all pissed off. When the guy told the cop he was taligating and that why you don't tailgate people the cop lost it and cuffed him. Tailgaters are brain-dead hood luck trying to talk sense into them.

It is. I (somehow) remember that in drivers ed class that slow traffic is taught to keep right

does this situation sound sane to you
>Someone is harassing you
>punch them
no
they will file assault charges and you will go to jail
so do one of these
>walk away
>ask for help
so what about this
>someone is tailgating you
what do you do
>put more distance between your vehicles
>call the cops
>pull over, avoid them in general

Oh right, you wouldn't do that, because the insurance company would give you money for a new bumper without swirl marks on it. You're such a model citizen user.

>The law is a suggestion. If there is a police officer around and interested in enforcing it, they will suggest that you follow it, usually with violence or financial extortion, but ultimately there is no such thing as a crime without a victim.
I think you have an egregiously flawed understanding of law. Care to elaborate on your rationale?

You giant retarded paragraph can be debunked with the simple question.
>Why are tailgaters allowed to enforce
laws if slow faggot I'm the fast lane aren't?
Answer: both sides of the argument are fucking idiotic. Both side put people at risk. Make a safe pass when you can, but if you get stuck behind some slow idiot your just as dumb as he is by taligating.

Your not even making sense. Please stop posting.

>You can be self righteous at 69 in the left lane in a 70, but youll be doing it behind me.

This is what im refering to. I also mentioned in the post before that I could understand it if the person was going 20 under. It would take no time to pass them at that speed anyway. Read the damn thread before your reply. I don't care if you speed just don't be a faggot about it.

I have an egregiously realistic and practical understanding of the law

Words on paper aren't omnipresent or divine, nor are they claimed to be. Without a victim to be wronged or a person to be missed, if there is no evidence, there was no crime. Things like speed limits are guidelines to ensure consistent behaviour in a social setting. Some groups and lone actors really aren't in a large social setting of random participants and are perfectly capable of consistently following different rules. For example, do lanes and blinkers matter if the road is completely deserted? Obviously not.

but then you have cops

but cops are assigned to a beat for revenue collection purposes. why not just raise taxes? who fucking knows.

>Allowed to

"Stupid enough to"

>speed limit 60
>want/need to go 80
>brake checker: 55 in left lane
>right lane: completely packed, but moving slightly faster at roughly 58
>you have signaled to be let in but nobody is budging
>the front end of the line is two cars ahead of the guy going 55 and increasing
>the end of the line is a mile down the road

what do you do? is your car really fast enough to make up the time when you finally get around the asshole, assuming he doesn't box you in? is it really safe to make up the time going crazy fast when you could have just done 80 all the way?

why shouldn't the guy going 55 speed up a little and get in the next lane since it's possible when he sees you going faster and getting a little close?

why should he try to cause a crash that might affect multiple cars instead?

Agreed. Pair with the fact that I have a fast car/bike means they're powerless to stop my pass.

A crime is still committed even if prosecution doesn't occur.

Hypothetical line ------------------------------

If I were to stab my wife while we are alone, kill her, remove all evidence, I still performed actions that contradict the law and are therefore crimes, even though I am not convicted.

If I discharge a firearm into ballistic dummy in the middle of a public park, nobody is harmed but I am certainly committing crime. No victim is necessary.

Watch out guys we got a badass here

Everyone who knew your wife or knew of your wife is now a victim of loss, and prosecution is likely to occur because it is nearly impossible for you to remove all evidence, especially the memories of killing your wife
The people in the public park are victims of hearing loss and disruption in a dedicated peace zone

>contradicting the law is a crime
Contradicting the law produces evidence that is grounds for determining if a crime has been comitted. Without evidence and trial by jury, you have effectively done absolutely nothing wrong. The world has not changed.

Crime and conviction are not interchangeable.

You're imposing new factors into my hypotheses.

Change the person I'm killing to a grifter who asks me to kill him and has absolutely no contacts. No victims. Crime still committed but no conviction (assuming all evidence is disposed).

Change the public park to a public park full of deaf people. No victims, crime still committed. If an officer of the law witnesses this, he will cite me for multiple infractions.

Anyway, these situations are unnecessary. A crime is a crime because it is defined as such in the literature discussing that crime.

Murder is a crime. If a person commits a murder, it isn't NOT a crime just because they aren't caught. The murder still took place. Murder is a crime. A crime still took place.

Unless you hold that conviction and crime are the same thing, then this can't be argued any further productively.

If you complain about cops being tough you really don't want to know what weak cops are like.

The concept of a crime as you describe it is ridiculous. It simply fails to exist if there is no knowledge of it. It's only a crime if you want it to be, or if someone else says it is.

Crime is entirely a construct of the mind. You, first, place negative value on certain actions, followed by a large coordinated force of men with guns and fast-ish cars. It is not objective.

Making an action "legal" is as simple as thinking "but that law is unconstitutional", being unaware of the law, or believing that it is invalid in some other way, such as ascribing it to a human police force rather than an abstract entity that watched over your entire life - and i recommend that you avoid making the law of the united states into your religion. That is uncharacteristic and counterproductive for a democracy, which is built upon the assumption that citizens will constantly criticize the law and change it on paper or in practicality, even if the government becomes corrupt and refuses to let that occur or draws representatives from a social class that doesn't give a shit about what the people think and doesn't share their experiences due to a flawed election system.

Law is law so far as all present and privy persons capable of force agree.

>traffic laws are brought up on Veeky Forums
>what does it mean to have law?
>what's the value of a human life?
>what happens after death?
>what are morals?
>is reality really real?
>are you real?
>am i real?
>what makes something real?
>what makes something something?
>is anime real?
>no, gfur thread

>not just passing them on the right like a normal person

80% of the time when I do this the person gets over after I pass them anyway because they realize they're in the wrong lane

>How do you deal with tailgaters?
By getting out of their fucking way like you should you fucking slow-ass piece of shit. Go hug a truck you fucking hippie.

10% of the time i see their cell phone go up

when i drive back the same way an hour later there's a cop in one of those turn arounds with a meaningless "no access" sign

Not the same guy you're having this circular debate with. You're arguing subjective morality with hard logical interpretation.
Stop trying to apply your argument to tailgating.

Following a car far too closely to account for the unexpected is reckless and endangers everyone around you. There is following safely, and there is tailgating. You never know what will happen and I hope you have a close call with reality some time soon to make you realize the fragility of life and how quickly it can change.

Besides that, sooner or later the person you are following will either pull into the right lane or you will have an opportunity to put in your own initiative to overtake on the right. When you find a way to just relax and leave a fair space between other cars I would guarantee you will feel calmer while driving.

And if you're only driving for the thrill of driving fast, why don't you use your brain and find somewhere secluded that you can get a clear road and really test your limits.

Most people who brake check, in my experience, go way out of their way to make sure you don't ever end up in a different lane/in front of them

I've had a fucking SUV try to race me just so they could get back in front and slow down. Brake lights, okay. Severe brake check? You're trying to cause an accident that normal following distance doesn't completely prevent.

>2 lane road
>passing traffic doing 5-10 under the limit while doing ~5-10 over the limit
>someone flies up behind you and sits 5 feet away while you're overtaking a string of traffic for maybe 30 seconds
>they swerve about and drive erratically slowing and speeding up
>finish passing the slower traffic and change lanes
>they punch it past you at a blistering ~5mph faster
Too many shitbox drivers who feel like just because they have picked up some momentum that they shouldn't have to slow down even a fraction for anyone. This shit happens too much.

In my experience you would need to tailgate pretty fucking hard for someone to brake check you like that and it's damn rare. People are either oblivious and are easily overtaken in the right lane or just move over when they feel they won't be cutting somebody off with a lane change. Either of which, with a little calm patience will show its opportunity in under a minute.

Try sitting back at minimum 1 car length and flashing your lights if you really feel you don't have the capability to overtake them on the right. But in that case maybe you should be in the right lane yourself.

I wonder if it's just the new friends that act like this on Veeky Forums.

Simply put If someone is on my arse and I am doing a good few ticks over the speed limit I down shift two gears quick and let off accelerator. No brake light, just sudden stop.

I deal with tailgaters by pushing my rear fog lights button that I installed super bright lights in.

I call them my "fuck off" lights. They're essentially giving the person behind me rear highbeams.

>"No it doesn't matter hwo fast you are going"
Speed limits are a thing, you stupid fucking faggot.
I break check kids like you every day, hope one of you crashes like in the video when I do.

Lol, regardless of the road you're driving on, the 2-Second rule (3 in some) is still a general rule of thumb that you learn the first time you even sit behind the wheel.

At anytime, if you're closer then that, you're damn right I'm break-checking the fuck out of you. Your shit car is gonna get damaged, the back of mine won't.

Hell, I've caused an "Accident" on two seperate occasions because of fuck heads like the one in OP's video.

>"Sorry officer, there was a large piece of wood/tire/debri/animal/whatever in the road and I had to slow down to avoid it"

Scott free both times while the other person's car got a little fucked up.

Regardless of "Customs";
DON'T be a fucking asshole

Who fucking cares.. I don't even notice when people are tailgating me. Literally makes no difference to me if some small dick loser is getting butt ranged behind me.
I dont care if someone is going slow either I'll just pass them at the next available safe time, double yellow or not who cares.

honestly pathetic if u spend any time at all worrying about something so fucking trivial as other drivers on the road. Is this what normie drivers concern themselves with? I grew up racing so nothing about public driving bothers or scares me or makes me mad it's just autopilot.

I switch on my rear fog lights. They never know what the hell to make of them.

>hope one of you crashes like in the video

And that video will be the end of your drivers license. Or at least no insurance company will touch you, which amounts to the same thing.

Yeah, I should mention I also have a Saab. Best use it could think of too

>intentionally risk MY life along with your own
>i'm stopping right in the middle of the road

god damnit i blew up my miata in this exact location, this is in my city

>not just passing them on the right like a normal person

Doesn't always work. Driving through the hills on two lane roads stuck behind a couple of fat broads* driving slowly in a Forester. Finally we come to a passing lane section. They stay in left lane, still 5 MPH under the 55 limit. I move to the right and begin to pass, we both hit about 90 MPH before they gave up and let me go.

*Fat people like taking up space. 'Fuck my waddle. You stay behind me.'

Please tell me how I can get some of these.

Glorious Ohio!
If you're tailgating me, I brake check, and then you hit me. It is still your fault, but me new car, Nigga. Dash cam footage just gets you in more trouble because it shows you tailgating.

I tailgate when I just want to get home from work. That's literally the only time. I just want to get the fuck away and people granny driving 5 to 10mph under the speed limit piss me off, when I just had a shitty day at work and just want to be home