Audio bros?

what's up Veeky Forums,

General car audio thread. Q&A if you've got 'em. Probably done about 15-20 installs now but hey we can learn from each other.

>pic related is my current setup

Watch this guy get mad.

What do you like better, old school or new school?
Domestic or import?

Why? A car is a terrible place for audio unless it's ridiculously quiet inside.

>Power Acoustik sub amp
>Power
>Acoustik
>
>That sub setup

Fucking beaner

Nigger spotted

The previous owner of my car was a mexican and installed a new stereo and a subwoofer + amp in my car.

the problem is that i dont think the amp or stereo are grounded properly and its causing electrical problems in the car because for example, sometimes the dash lights flash in sync with the sub and for some reason if I brake too quickly, the car turns off.

pls help

Doesn't matter as long as the woofer and the power align. Obviously there are shit products out there but honestly the most important thing is the enclosure of the woofer(s).
Sound deadened on every panel. I live in a loud city, but yeah, I see your point man.
I custom-built the box to spec with the space provided. Blow-thru directly into the cabinet. Good bait, but it sounds gr8 m8.
White, but that is just as good these days.

how cum when theres threads like these people put like 500 dollars in a sub but run $50 front speakers

Fix it

Make/model? I had a 93 civic that I did a complete overhaul of... never ran into problems that strange. If you think it's a bad ground -- then check behind the aftermarket head-unit, and definitely the ground in the trunk that provides (-) to the amp.

because they are fucking retarded m8

You got me there. While I wish the front speakers costs $50, they are well above. Basshead here, and just got the car last year so -- babysteps I suppose. My other cars have all met the same fate. Nig bass 1st, fully upgraded front/back components with external amp power. Valid point user.

Front stage isn't important, only that sweet sweet bass

nigger bass

I had a good laugh at this. To be honest, after a certain decibel level it gets extremely expensive to balance out the frequency spectrum.

bmw 540i

i pulled the stereo out to see and i checked the ground and the guy put a long ass screw that did not secure the ground (not even sure if its a ground desu) and had 2 metal things to attempt to make the ground come into contact with the metal. I'm gonna take out the 2 metal things and make the ground fully secure to the metal

Guys I just want to put a 10" sub and an amp in my car, what do you recommend? Less than $200 pls

For your broke ass? A powered bazooka tube

Sup

No chance bro. Get yourself a Sony Xplod and a comparable shit amp. Sorry man!

What kind of setup would you guys recommend for a taurus?

Well what are you looking for in it?

Get a DC Lv6m4 18 subwoofer and a DC 9.0k amp and you'll be set on the low end

Well I'm new to the audio scene, right now I'm just looking to get a better performing system.

Get a 10" pioneer in a sealed box and replace you door speakers with aftermarket coaxials