/beater general/

/beater general/

Post your beaters, talk about your beaters, ask others about their beater, but please...beat it in private.

Bonus points if under $2,000 total investment.
Bonus points if over 200k miles.

Mine: 1999 Crown Vic. 241K. $2800 total investment.

Cost me $1,400
210,000 miles on it

Since I bought it back in May, I've had to replace the radiator, temp sensor, three taillight bulbs, a fuse, fix oil cooling lines, and replace the optispark. fuck optisparks.

In the future I need to replace the gaskets in my differential, and the valve gaskets. Car is kinda leaky but that's an old cop car for ya.

The car is currently not running, It stalled on me a few days ago, kinda like before I replaced the opti. I hope that fucking thing didn't fail on me already... currently trying to figure out why I am not getting any spark. Really hoping I dont have to pull the engine apart for the opti again.

>$500
>55k miles
>invested about $100 in it

Drove it for a year and a half, gonna strip it for parts for my 97, and demo it next summer.

$1,800 for the car, $1,000 installing new head unit speakers amp and subs, $400 for LX Sport wheels. A tire failed on one of the lx wheels so police tires are back on. $60 for the spotlights and $60 for the push bar. $3,320 total.

>1k on a sound system for a 2k car
shiggy

I was really spend happy when I first got it.

Fuck man, I have a set of brand new LX sport rims I would have sold you for that price.

>$900
>currently at 270k

I shall resurrect it still , maybe next year

lol bro, priorities.

safety bump

Looks like this turning into a Crown Vic thread. Cheap reliable beaters.

I did the Jmod on my transmission. I highly recommend it.
>Dat second gear scratch on WOT shift

1999 Nissan Maxima SE
Car $250
Tags, stickers etc $75
Appearance/comfort shit $40
Mechanical fixes $250
Total $615

Mileage 206k

Think cop steelies suit that car better than shiny alloys.

Yuropoor here. Lost privilege of company car so had to put something together fast.

Prices are such because fuck Europe.

'05 Ford Focus sedan 1.6 AT 60k miles - $3k
oil/filter replacement - $100
china special 20" LED light bar with mount - $150
Yatour bluetooth kit - $100
RAM x-grip mount + xiaomi charger for cell - $60
various small things to fix like broken aerial, licence plate lights, keyfob - $50
interior/exterior detailing - $150
cleaned and resprayed rusty steel rims - $20 in rattlecans

Still need to replace trans fluid and install sub since stock speakers are shit.

250 dollars for car
Bondo
Ball joint
Brake lines
Muffler from tractor supply
Tires
Air filter/oil

Survived 4 rallycrosses and DDing for several months.

Ayy lmao

1850 for car. Needed nothing.
113000 miles

They aren't that shiny.

My Ford ranger.
Bought from junkyard for 100$ they said it was junk
Changed rotors pads brakes and a brake line drove it thenblew a transmission so I swapped that and out a new temp sensor in. Runs like a dream. Costs me 300$ total.

Also I may add it has 217k miles on it.

Cost me $700. Gets me around Japan and their shitty fucking stop & go traffic pretty good and lets me not put miles on the other two. Stores my tools and shit for them as well. I just wish it had cruise control.

Best car choice I've made/10

Cost me $50 221k miles, hadn't had an oil change in 20k miles when I got it, still does 130mph in like 2.5 miles

No power steering, AC, or heater, but it runs

Beat to shit Toyota Corolla I got for $900 he sold it to me with a bill of sale only. He said the guy he bought it from lost the pink. It had a blown head gasket,cracked exhaust manifold and it needed a new cat to pas smog
Expenses:
>new gasket $35
>used exhaust manifold from junkyard $28
>new cat $150
>registration fees+tags $340
>smog test $40
I regret buying this fucking piece of shit but mainly bought it as a backup car just in case if my aw11 shit out on me which it did and now that I got it fixed I can't tell if I got used to driving my Corolla or my aw11 still has something wrong with it.

Wrong image and till this day I have no idea if it's a 1.6 or 1.8 it has no identification labeled under the hood