What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6FYttMIdUmA
highmileclub.wordpress.com/tag/mercedes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes

form over function

coming into the market too late with a true sports car (fiat 124 abarth) which is LITERALLY a miata, down to the key fobs they use being identical

all in all a spineless megaconglomerate with no direction

no

FIX
IO
AEPAIR
TAILY

Tony quit

Sergio tried to make it a premium brand after the success of the 500 and forgot that its bestselling car was the Punto, which has been beaten by newer rivals in the last 8 years. Fiat still doesn't have a replacement for the current Punto, which came out 11 years ago.

they stopped making the multipla

>great diesel engines
>great petrol engines
>nice build quality/finish nowadays (just read reviews before spewing 80s memes)
>not overpriced through the roof like its german and japanese rivals
>bestest design

Nothing went wrong.

The Punto still sells well, despiste being 11 years old (the Evo and the last Punto restyle did refresh it though). It still looks fresh for a 11 year old car, imo.

New Punto petrol engines will range from 80hp to 170hp and diesel engines will range from 95hp to 140hp.
An Abarth version will come in 2020.

Anyways, the Panda and the 500 are still best sellers and the 500X is one of the best sellers in the CUV segment.

Stop responding to bait you tard. This thread was made specifically to get your attention.

Now report it and hide it.

the summoning worked

Germany got butthurt with the VW emmisions thing

This. Their strong side were not only city cars but also family cars. THere is no kompact kombi since Stilo! The good thing is that they woke up and made new Tipo, but there's a problem you have to wait very long for the sedan, and they haven't started selling hatchbacks and kombis yet.

Simply wrong marketing. As i already said here in another thread, Fiat has always made great cars, and also does now, but, doesn't pay attention to stupid details that most of the people look at, like interior materials, for example.
Let me explain: Fiat engines (diesel at most) are some of the best in the world, and to understand that, you just have to compare those to TDI engines, that VW puts in Audi, VW, Skoda and Seat, but VW group cars, are made with better interior materials, have full led lights and stuff like that, and those things are great, but would you prefer your car to do 400.000km without serious problems or to drive a car with some comforts in it, but that has engine problem?

I know Fiat had (and have) some little problems due to the electronic parts, but trust me, those are nothing compared with mechanical problems of VW cars group.
Also, people does prefer to have and Audi, just because it's a "status symbol", than a Fiat.

I've already seen both 4dr and hatchbacks on the road.
The SWs are not yet being sold though.

Btw, don't forget the Croma, they were basically Bravo wagons.

YOU ARE SO FUCKING RIGHT

Pretty much this.
Fiat has never ever made an unreliable engine and they're on the vanguard of diesel and petrol technology.
They also have always made sporty handling cars... Hell, even the Multipla drove nice.
It's just a shame they don't market them well except for the 500 brand.
You still see Fiats by the fuckload tho, especially Puntos and Pandas, apart from the 500.
Some Bravos too.

underrated

The problem is that FCA is also known to be seeking a buyer. Their main asset to a buyer is the network of dealers and distributors. However, you have all those workers with their high pay, company pension plans, 401K expenses, medical benefits, employee benefits, and corporate management employment plans/parachutes. So it's no wonder that a competitor doesn't want to buy all those debts. It's better to have FCA go bankrupt and then buy up the pieces without any obligation to maintain 401K and pensions. Bush senior allowed changes to the laws protecting company pensions, so those can be leveraged. Sure, the employees are then creditors, but they are last in line for their 401K pensions. Institutions, instruments, and other corporations are ahead in line of the individual creditors.

Everything.

kek!

STAND BACK EVERYONE

THE DIESEL KEKBOY HAS ARRIVED

have some OC, i made it just for you alberto

Ugly logo

kek dieselboy absolutely and irreversibly BTFO
saved

Just gonna throw my 2 cents. Fiat has never been great in US. On the other hand Fiat has managed to make some nice cars in Europe, Tipo is really cool...

nothing 2bh, they're the best manufacturer because they make cars for everyone
from soccer moms to enthusiasts, they have something for everyone.

FIX IT AGAIN TONY

The tripfaggot.

>cutting American development of the CUSW/PF platform in favor of SUVs when all you have to do is lift an Ottimo hatchback and give it 4wd

Marccione is a fucking moron.
They could have named it for the Eagle SX/4.

>from soccer moms to enthusiasts
>to enthusiasts

which ones exactly?
and rebranded miata doesn't really count since it's made by mazda anyway

Giulia, 124, 500 (695), Abarths in general

mjet BTFO!
FIAT BLOWNTHEFUCKOUT!

HOW WILL HE EVER RECOVER?!

My sides

>Sure, the employees are then creditors, but they are last in line for their 401K pensions.
Is that how it works in the US? The employees are the first in line for money when a company goes bankrupt in Italy.

It can be even worse. When Detroit city went bankrupt, creditors were able to attach the pension funds. Ho ho ho. That means even some past pension payments already given to recipients had to be returned. Ho ho ho. The creditors demand a certain date and negotiate with the courts. Obviously, the further back in time the creditors can set the date, the more money they will receive since the pensioners have to return funds PLUS INTEREST of all payments they received after that date.

Example partial quote: "...It’s a bitter outcome of Detroit’s record $18 billion municipal bankruptcy for David Espie, 58, who will repay the city $75,000 in a lump sum...."

God bless my mechanic grand father for telling me what fiat stood for before they reappeared in the US

it was never right in the first place
they should have just stuck to making third world buzz boxes

BTFO! How will !mjet EVER recover?

>Fiat has managed to make some nice cars in Europe

Maybe in comparison to other Euro-only cars, which are complete fucking shit lmao

butthurt

YIFF IN HELL FURFAG

I think you accidentally forgot your trip, mjet

>FIAT BTFO 4x
mjet's prolly assblasted right now.

Why was the Stilo so ugly and un-Italian? It should've looked like pic related.

>italians
nothing went wrong, Fiat was always shit.

what a sad guy

>mjet getting BTFO so hard he's posting without Trip

lel

jej he's known to do that

the 3 door was nice

>implying I post without a trip
:)

samefag :-DDD

mjet always says he doens't post without trip

being italian.

I don't.
Shouldn't you be flipping burgers, or something?

post proofs

what
nigga i was defending you

Thought you were being sarcastic. My bad.

we just like to laugh at you and your shitbox.

ebin edit :-DDDD

Tired of laughing at yourself and your shitbox?

Italians making cars. How could it even go right?

literally boring shitboxes besides Alfa and Ferrari

you tried

it has more than 4 cylinders and isn't a diesel, so I'm happy with it.

>doesn't even mention what car it is

>this bitchmad that Mercedes did what Fiat does but better

>new fiat 500
>every single fucking one i see on the streets has either a light out or some other electrical problem
>my pizza delivery guy had to replace the autotrans three times on it already under warranty
maximum quality guys!

Fucking
Italian
Auto is
Trash

>anecdotal evidence
Every 500 I see doesn't have a single light out, they must be the most reliable cars ever, amirite?

>le anecdotal evidence meem
good job m8 :--DD

id buy an 124 Spider Abarth any day over a Miata, they look better and every fuckboi stanced dirtbag already drives a Miata.

dis nigga like dat kid at the playground always inventing some new shit so he don't lose the game except erryone knows he's already out but him baka lmao

Faggot
Italians
Attempt
Transport

>Mercedes did what Fiat does but better
Kill Chrysler?

My family has worked for Chrysler for a combined 58 years
Yes, Mercedes had the majority killshot

>he actually thinks Fiat killed anything
>what is Abarth being reborn as a performance dedicated sub-brand
>what is Alfa finally getting cars worth its emblem after all these years

And if you wanna talk shit about Lancia, just remember Lancia produced its best cars under Fiat's leadership.

>implying I care about what happens with Chrysler
lmao
Fiat would be better off just selling Chrysler. If they're going through an hardship its because of Chrysler and nothing else.

are fiat fanbois all this deluded or is mjet some kind of special tard?

>hurr you're deluded
>doesn't provide any kinda of counterargument
Nice one, babby.

Fiat,
It's
All
Trash

>>he actually thinks Fiat killed anything
>implying i wasn't talking about
youtube.com/watch?v=6FYttMIdUmA

>>what is Abarth being reborn as a performance dedicated sub-brand
>thinks anything produced by FIAT could be considered performance.

>>what is Alfa finally getting cars worth its emblem after all these years
>implying the golden years of Alfa wasn't before fiat took them in 1986

Chrysler wasn't even on my mind lmao.

both. He's too poor to afford anything so he tries as hard as can be to rationalize his shitbox.

>F-FIAT KILLED NOTHING NO PROOF
Forgetting about the snek?
>FIAT WAS BEST FOR LANCIA
Beta? Gamma? These were pillars of build quality to you?
Also, obligatory
>DIESEL FIAT

buyers remorse, I think.

not Mercedes' fault Chrysler designers are fucking retarded. Daimler Chrysler Mercs are by far the worst Mercs out there.

>Delta
>037

>implying I bought it

>that video
So?
Mercedes diesels are great. I should know. I have one in my home.
What does that have to do with anything I said?

I don't think you understand, Mercedes owned 92% of Chrysler at the merge, therefore anything after that is the fault of "murk"

>Mercedes diesels are great
Yes, always superior to shitbox italian sewing machines as per my original factual statement.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about do you?
Fiat diesels are one of the best.

What Mercedes do you have, then?

>Fiat diesels are one of the best.
>he actually believes this

not mjet, but have you ever driven a fiat diesel ?The 1.9 JTD is one of the best Diesels there is, especially in an Alfa. Pulls like a motherfucker and is rock solid. It's used in Saabs, Cadillacs, Opels, Suzukis.

The 037 was a build rally car, chances are it will rust after half a years DD.
The Delta was problematic, rusted in the sills often, and it only spread from there.
If we're going that route, Mazda was the best thing for Ford, they build the GT during the partnership.

Hi mjet

>not mjet
Ignoring that 1.9l is leukemia-tier displacement, compared to Mercedes engines that have, with documentation, traveled over a million miles.
Fiat is shit.

highmileclub.wordpress.com/tag/mercedes/

>being this ignorant
>moving goalposts
Still waiting for an answer. While you're thinking go google about multijets and cry yourself to tears while you read about the awards and the rock solid reliability plus the massive amount of brands that use them.

Never said they were perfect. But they were the Lancia greatest hits. Those and the Fulvia, too.

>not mjet, but

Seriously? A Merc Diesel's a retirement home compared to a Fiat Diesel.

KEK DOUBTMIND

>Seriously? A Merc Diesel's a retirement home compared to a Fiat Diesel.
What the actual fuck are you talking about I don't think it's even possible for Mercedes to make a diesel that's anything less than a Fiat at this point. They've probably perfected it by now.