Does Veeky Forums drive after drinking any amount...

Does Veeky Forums drive after drinking any amount? I got a DUI about 10 years ago for smoking pot and since them I've been paranoid as fuck about drinking and driving. I heard so many firsthand accounts about people getting DUI for having legitimately one (1) beer, DUI in parked car in driveway, DUI while sleeping in car, DUI for no beers (me).

Since then I will not drive if my BAC is believed to be over .01. Recently I am becoming more social around town and I bought pic related, just to be sure.

So, Veeky Forums, do you drink and drive?

bumpin'

German here, where you can have 0.5‰ bac if your ability to drive isn't affected. Depending on your metabolism you can have 1-4 beers and still be in the limit. I stick to max. 2 beers if I know I'll drive in the next few hours. However I haven't been stopped yet in contrast to my friends. My '08 Lancer or my '08 Scirocco (both unmodded) seem to look too serious to think I'd drive drunk. My friend with a lowered Polo or another one with a rusted Seat Ibiza is stopped regularly.

Fun fact: If you go by bike and drive straight etc you can have 1.6‰ bac in Germany. How's this in other countries?

Is that a typo? Because I'm pretty sure that 0.5% is damn near dead.

That's not a % sign dumbass

2 Beers or less

Always carry my receipt if I'm leaving a restaurant.

That's a per mille-, not a per cent-sign. 0.5% would be 5‰ which would at least give most of us a lot of work at öeast. As far as I know you can die if the bac is higher than 3.5‰ but if the body got used to a high bac it can withstand over 5‰. The record is even higher, however those were all alcoholics.

In Washington state it's .08%

I was a piece of shit and got a DUI and now I can't drive my car without one of those breathelyzer interlock devices in my car for the next 6 months (have already had it for 6 months).

So, on top of selfishly putting other peoples lives at risk, I now have to pay for the interlock system (about a $150/month), a high risk insurance policy, $5k for a lawyer, $700 to have my license reinstated, $650 for counseling, $500 in fines, $200 to get my car out of the impound lot, $100 for special registration plates, 3 days in jail, etc..

Just don't drive at all if you've had something to drink.

One positive thing that has come out of it is that I'm now scared shitless to drink and have been sober for over 200 days. I don't plan on having another drink as long as I live.

Nope. Got a spotless driving record and intend to keep it that way. If I have to drive, I just stick with soda or water.

Yeah, never shitfaced though.
Usually ill drive after 3 beers if they were spread over an hour.
>that moment I realized that beer cans fit in my coffee mug
>driving from a party back to a friends house with a can of beer in a mug
I felt like such a smug fucker

I go to an informal foosball tournament weekly at a bar.

Have up to 4 beers. Never more unless I line up a place to sleep. I'm usually there about 4 hours.

The limits .08, not 0. Everyone recognizes it's not the first beer, so the question is where is the line?

Definitely have a couple times though...

I usually wont drive if I have more than two beers, side note, what's Veeky Forumss fav beer?
I like heineken and stella desu, not heavy but not as flavorless as the bud stuff.

I don't drink

I'll never have more than one beer at a time since I weigh 110 pounds and I don't like the feeling of being buzzed/drunk. Then I'll wait until I don't feel it any more and then some to drive home.

I usually fill a few water bottles with a mix of propel packets, a shot of vodka, and water when I go driving.

Nope. I do one hour to one drink, no exceptions. If I plan on having more than two drinks I'll secure a ride beforehand or just sleep where I'm drinking if it's a pal's place.

puss

>I heard so many firsthand accounts about people getting DUI for having legitimately one (1) beer
Bullshit

>DUI in parked car in driveway
Bullshit

>DUI while sleeping in car
Bullshit

>DUI for no beers (me).
Bullshit

They and you overexaggerated. I've heard the "Oh I barely had anything to drink" from my buds after they've hammered down 5 beers and 2 shots and decided to leave 15 minutes later. Don't be a dumbass and drink too much. Uber is cheap as fucking shit. You have no excuse.

But to contribute, here is my fuckup story. Both me and my gf had gotten lucky. My gf was a dumb bitch and had her friend use her. They both got shitfaced, her friend made her drive, they got into an accident, cops figured she was drunk, she got arrested, but her dad saved her ass big time with a hotshot lawyer. Due to some fuckup, cops never tested her BAC and they had to drop the charges.

Few months later, we were on vacation in a foreign country. I was somewhat drunk (not hammered). Anyways I was driving pretty fine (I think). Almost home. All of a sudden, roadblock ahead. Testing for drunks. I make it look obvious as fucking shit and pull into a parking lot right in front of them, park the car, exit, and walk away. Cops saw us but didn't do anything as they were busy with other ppl.

I'll take that as a sign and never drive while remotely drunk again.

Also, the biggest fucking tip I can give you guys, this will literally save your life in the future -

If you are drunk and ever get into an accident (assuming no one is hurt and you didn't crash into anyone), walk away. If both of you are drunk, walk away. Report the car stolen the next day.

Again, it's costly as hell but imagine how much time, suffering, and additional money you'll save by not having a DUI on your record. I drive a fairly nice, new car and it'll hurt me to leave her there, but if you wait for the cops, you'll lose her anyways (depending on how bad the accident is). You can replace a car but that DUI will haunt you for a long time (in most states).

I've heard of the parked cars before. If the keys are in the ignition the officer can consider it operating a motor vehicle under the influence

You know what's even better?

Don't drink and drive

I've done this a couple times when grossly speeding, both times the cop spotted me and I saw them flip a bitch and start coming back to get me.
Just made a right turn and floored it and parked in a parking lot, got the fuck out, locked the doors and got the fuck out of there.
Came back to the car after the cops left and went on my way, works good desu.

Makes sense. Could appear as if you passed out while trying to drive but the rest is bullshit. Dindu nuffins.

Agreed.

I tried doing this with my one major speeding ticket but I was on a highway and the next exit was 3 miles away. Wasn't making that. Cop was hidden so it was gonna take him a while to pull out but I knew the area and there was no good hiding spots even if I did make that exit. Very situational.

Usually I'll get through 7 or 8 and get hungry and hit up a drive through, but I live in the town center right next to campus so the pace is always slow. I've never felt like I had less control in the car when a little drunk. If I felt I was driving dangerously or couldn't adapt to traffic effictively I'd stop.

In b4 degenerate shittards trying to tell us how they're perfectly safe when driving drunk and the system just doesn't want people to have fun.

Fuck them. Hope they all smash into a pole before they hurt someone else. I know a woman who was killed along with her 2 young kids when a drunk driver hit them in a "slow area."

3 beers max

>smoking pot
>paranoid as fuck
Checks out

drove under the influence once
>visit friend's house
>sit for dinner and drink
>lots of drinking
>lots more drinking
>that's the last thing I remember
>wake up at home 16 miles away
>car is on front lawn
>no clue how I was able to drive home
>decided no more drinking and driving for me

now it's one beer maximum if I'm driving

I allow myself a maximum of one to two beers(abv depending) or one cocktail.

One hour between drinks and one hour after the last drink before I leave. Three drinks max before I stay the night or call a cab.

I also won't drive if I'm more compromised than I would be after a 6 hour drive on a fresh start. This includes intoxication, fatigue, stress, etc. I've got a pretty good idea of where my limits are and what they feel like.

>Bullshit
There was a high profile case six months ago a guy got arrested charging his phone in his car in the parking lot. Stop assuming everyone is always 100% wrong when they say something that sounds weird to you.

And yes they do that shit in my city. We have a "severe DWI problem" and they'll fuck you at any BAC level at all if you're sitting in the driver's seat under any circumstances.

>DUI in parked car in driveway, DUI while sleeping in car

That's called being mentally ill.

How to not get a DUI for sitting/sleeping in your car:
1. Put into neutral, engage hand brake (put in park for you autotragic faggots)
2. Turn car off, put key in pocket
3. Move yourself into passenger seat, or the rear seats, if possible
4. Enjoy not piloting a vehicle while under the influence.

Also, if you drive your car into your backyard (if you have one), they might not be able to ticket you. Depends on state laws, but the premise is that your backyard is not directly accessible by public roads (unlike your driveway, or a parking lot).

This is what I learned in my high school health class. Might be different now but I haven't cared enough to check because I don't drink.

If I even touch alcohol, I make sure I have a contingency plan, especially since I'm not quite 21 yet. One or two beers doesn't do anything to me, and I've driven after a beer before, but not very far and in a relatively cop-free area. Typically if I start drinking, I don't stop until I'm shitfaced, so I always make sure I can either walk or have a buddy drive me.

>something that sounds weird to you.
It doesn't sound weird, it sounds something is clearly being left out to make this story lopsided.

What's the chances of some random officer driving along, spotting some random guy in the dark in a huge parking lot, just sitting in his car, and decide to investigate him just because it's nighttime?

In reality, the dude was probably staggering back to his car from the club, a beer bottle in hand, fiddling around with the car keys, and finally managing to pull himself in while the officer saw everything. When the officer pulls up to him and asks him what he's doing "ohhhhh you knowwww, just chargin my phone. Drivin? Nawwwww, I would never, wait where am i?"

Contrary to the popular belief, most cops don't randomly fuck with people for no reason. He had to have done something suspicious.

Some states will charge you for DUI if you are in the car with the keys. Intent.

I got my DUI sitting in my car, waiting for my sober friend to pick me up.

>Bar close
>Too fucked up
>Call friend
>Cold outside
>Sit in car to wait
>Cops patrol lot and see me
>Pulled out of car, do dance, PBT, cuffs...
>I told the cops multiple times that I am not driving, just waiting for ride
>Cops: IDGAF.bat
>Back of squad car, waiting on paperwork and tow truck, friend pulls up to pick me up.
>Cops: IDGAF.bat

Many hours in court and Shekels later, case finally dropped.

Will never make that mistake again!

It's sucks got a dwi, first one but twice over the limit. Lawyers are expensive, spent around 3.5k and now since I was twice over need to get interlock indefinite till either case is resolved or may keep it if probation is required

See here.

That dude that caused the accident is a piece of shit. The dude he hit probably wasn't even drunk but even .01 BAC and he's fucked. Shitty human being.

>He had to have done something suspicious.
Driving way too slow and being overly cautious with brakes is one of the ways cops sniff out drunk drivers.

Damn. This sounds like an ad

Alcoholic here. Used to drive drunk pretty much habitually. Never had any accidents or got a Dui or anything.

I had a few scraps, clipped a couple of mailboxes and stuff, was about it.

Pretty scary though, since I got sober and shit I see all kinds of drunks running people over, even know a few who are in jail now for that shit.

my stepdad had to get one of those interlock systems when i was a kid, he lied and told me and my little sister that it was an experimental device that his company gave him to test out
he got us to think it was fun to use, and basically would get us to start the car for him so he could drive around drunk with us in the car, there was a point for a couple weeks where he needed one of us to start it nearly every day

>friend texts me
>wants to drink
>dab
>drive to bar
>2 more dabs
>pitcher & 2 moscow mules
>go to parking lot
>dab
>bang 2 lines of white
>hop in MR2
>chase friend to freeway entrance
>blast synth going double the speed limit
>tfw no one was killed

im so fucking cool you guys

The problem is that even if you feel fine over the limit, and you very well may be all people are different, is that all it takes is some idiot to run a red light and you t-bone them. Since you're the drunk one you're the one at fault no matter what now cause no one will believe you.

I never drive after drinking, I'm actually afraid to drive when I'm seriously hungover. In Poland if you over 2‰ bac you loose your license and get fined, if you have 5‰ or more you go to jail.

nigga you made it sound like you had one beer and killed a family of seven

Heineken is just overpriced piss lager

Same with stella just some overpriced european wank lager

In general, no.

If I drink, I'm going to get fucking pissed, so I'll be too drunk to even get the car going properly.
I might be over the legal limit coming back from places some mornings, but fine otherwise.
Occasionally, I'll go out for drinks with the guys from work, and have to drive there and back because fuck public transport. But I'll limit myself to one or two pints, tamp it down with food, and stick to soft drinks the rest of the evening. Worst I'll do is a slight buzz a couple of hours after the last alcohol. And that's less 'impaired judgement' and more 'everything is fiiiine'.

Having a manual gearbox pretty much stops me from being able to drive drunk. That, and the risk of damaging my car.

If I'm drinking, I'm going to require crash space.

Here in the UK, if you have the keys while you're in the car, you are in charge of the car. Being drunk with said keys is an offence.
However, judgement comes into play. If you're just sleeping in the car while drunk, they'll confiscate your keys and make you get them back at the police station, or phone them to have them returned.

How does it feel to be a slave in your own country?

>drinking alcohol
>ever
Nope.

I don't drink any amount of alcohol and drive, or marijuana.

Not worth the risk.

A taxi is cheaper then a DUI ANYDAY.

In my state if you have ANY amount of alcohol in your system and the police feel your driving is impaired they will arrest you for DUI. So I can drink one beer, and forget to signal and get a DUI.
Fuck that desu