Crash thread

I hit a deer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc#t=1887
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I couldn't find it on the way back. I hope it found it's way under a shady tree and died peacefully

Not a confession thread, but close enough.
I was about 3k away from buying the car I wanted and I was certain by the time I saved up it'd be gone, so I went a few towns over to a popular bar street around last call and purposely rear ended a drunk driver. I just got my insurance payout and I'll be getting my car in a few days.
How bad of a person am I?

Some fuckhead backed into my shitbox and left without a note. I think it was a trailer hitch, making a square hole.

Fuck you and fuck the drunk driver.

Kek. I knew it was a dick move but sacrificing my old beater for a ~5k payout (they totaled it) was bretty easy.
I just gotta not make it a habit.

I only had liability, since it's my beater. So I had to fix it me self. Cost me about 160 for new Radiator, radiator fan, and new head light

It looks like it has autism, but it runs gud.

This happened to me too before the deer, I just moved the license plate over the hole

>purposely rear ended a drunk driver
Still got an accident claim on your record that the insurance had to pay. Nice work. Your insurance premiums will increase

first accident forgiveness user.

Piece of shit you ruined someone's life over 3 grand. A DUI will fuck them up for a long time. They might have even lost their job. I'm not a violent person but this is the type of shit you get your ass kicked over. Fuck you.

>about to enter parking lot at destination
>traffic stopped
>forget there's one more street crossing
>pull right and take the side of the road to get the last bit up there
>traffic has parted to let cars through into this road I forgot about
>handily pancake my Fiestas engine bay against an ions front suspension that the driver had just rebuilt and packed the bearings on himself

The safety shit works good

Don't drink and drive faggot.

I hope your imouto gets plastered on the sidewalk by a drunk. He did nothing any more wrong than turning in a nigger for two hundred bucks from crimestoppers.

>pull right and take the side of the road
That never ends well user. Also fucking up a Saturn is bad form, they don't make them anymore.

They shouldn't have fucking drink and drived then you mongoloid.

The guy was actually really cool about it. That particular roadside is used by basically everyone, it turns into a turn lane to go in. He did it himself a thousand times. I just forgot about an intersection that you pass first.

Flipped in the middle of the highway about 2 weeks ago when the tie rod broke.

What's with those kerosene containers on the ground.

Is this a false Flag operation?

Literally defending someone who purposely caused an accident (reckless driving) and insurance fraud over someone that could have had 0.001 BAC

By that logic, I could go up to a random person and punch him in the face and get away with assault, battery, even manslaughter because the other dude was publicly intoxicated and it's ALWAYS HIS FAULT

Thefuck?

Drunk drivers should be shoah'd
This is nothing
All he did was tap into an unused resource

Friend tested the rollover risk of the infamous explorer

By the way, he rolled 5 times.

Put some eurobeat sticker over it or something. I put stickers over a few of my rust spots to hide them

I hope he was playing eurobeat while he did it.

Oooo I love these!

i am proud of you. you are now a MAN

im 20 years old and already killed 2 deers, one boar und 3 rabbits.

how about you guys?

Does a light pole count?

The most dangerous prey.

Very dangerous

Original guy here.
Don't give a shit. In literally any other situation id be at fault.
Don't like that he was at fault? Well maybe you should join your local MADD group.
This wouldn't be an option for me if retards like you actually gave a fuck.
And FYI, last call is around 2:30 AM
you don't stay at a bar til last call and end up with a BAC of 0.01. I didn't even have to try very hard, fucker literally left his ass hanging half out of a turn only lane with the other half in front of me.

>Properly wait at intersection to make a left turn
>See oncoming cars stop, notice light is yellow
>Make sure it's safe, start my turn
>Some old couple, nowhere near the intersection when I started my turn, comes in speeding so fast they cover the distance and run the yellow before I can do anything
>I get a ticket for unsafe turn

"But officer, I did make sure it was safe!" "Well clearly it wasn't safe or the accident wouldn't have happened!"

Gonna fight it, of course. I sure hope those old people got charged with something.

Only had the car for 4 months, now it's a total write off. Two days after I had bought the damn thing another old lady hit me in the parking lot. I guess the car was cursed.

Damn son that sucks

A lesson to all: It doesn't matter if you do everything right, if another person fucks up you'll be paying for it.

At least the safety features worked. Air bag gave me a bloody nose but other than that I was fine.

>Don't give a shit
Stay classy Tyrone.

>you don't stay at a bar til last call and end up with a BAC of 0.01
They are staying there in a last ditch effort to pick up pussy, not drinks.

>Don't like that he was at fault?
He's at fault for DUI, you are at fault for reckless driving and insurance fraud. One is a misdemeanor, the other is a felony. Guess which one the felony is (hint it's not the DUI). Pricks like you make life harder on everyone else and you only get away with it because the system isn't perfect. You're the fucker that went on to ruin someone's life and your defense is "he could have done something eventually so I don't feel bad." Lmao.

I've killed one rabbit and one bird.

>doing 90mph on I-5 South heading towards Oregon
>probably shouldn't because I'd hit dense patches of fog
>one fog patch, end up seeing a white rabbit hop into my lane
>hear that bitch hit my bumper, then hit a bunch of stuff underneath
>this was in a rental, but no damage to bumper, just some blood

>doing 70mph on winding road that leads into work
>coming around bend
>bird flying into road, level with the top of my Miata's windshield
>hear a thunk
>look in rearviewto see a huge amount of feathers slowly falling

Get dash camera. Could have probably helped your cause. Did insurance at least believe you, or did they just go odd the police report?

Insurance put me as at fault. What percentage of the fault I don't know. There's a ton of witness statements and stuff so hopefully if I get the ticket thrown out I can use that to convince the insurance company to reconsider.

Apparently the old couple had right of way because the light was yellow instead of red. Though it's still illegal to run a yellow if you have enough time to stop (and since the other cars that were there before them could stop that means they should have been too) plus they were speeding.

Oh congratulations, that's incredible you are amazing

You talked to them, didn't you?
youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc#t=1887
It's not about who's right or who's wrong, it's about word play, semantics and laying some charges for that bonus.

Well at least the cop gave me the lesser charge, unsafe turn, when he could have given me a more serious failure to yield charge.

They always act like they're doing you a favor aren't they?

can anyone post the pictures of that girl that was on drugs and stole her dads car then killed herself doing over 100mph on the freeway?

No.

I don't know. Honestly this is the first time in my 29 years I've had to deal with the police. I'll admit to being an idealistic sort who believes police officers are just doing their duty.

>Hear about VW buyback
>Dad's got a 2012 Jetta TDI (bought 3 years ago)
>Tell him about it
>Enter VIN on VW website to prove it qualifies
>One week later we receive a booklet detailing what we'd get for the car
>Notice section detailing how mileage will affect its value
>He switches cars with Mom to keep miles off the Jetta (2010 Chrysler Town & Country)

>Mom parks awkwardly in driveway one night
>Dad attempts backing out in van
>Doesn't see Jetta in the massive blindspot
>pic related

Watch the video, I wish I knew what I know now when I was your age.

Sorry to hear about the divorce.

There are much easier methods for insurance fraud. Like hitting a deer

My dad taught me at a young age to never talk to police without a lawyer (we're white middle class) and while I've never had an encounter with police, I don't know why people say so much stuff while in the interrogation room without a lawyer present. Even on the side of the road, all you have to say is let the insurance companies deal with it. You can gush to the insurance companies, but never police.

I hit a deer too, was doing about 70 in 101 around 11PM, 300 miles from home.

Cracked the radiator and an injector.

Repair bill was 7500. Got my moneys worth out of my insurance. Had to sleep in bumfuck nowhere while I waited for a ride to pick me up though.

But do you really need to go that far for a $100 ticket?

Someone ran a red

>7500

All that to replace the radiator mount, radiator, injector, fenders, bumpers and hood?

I would have done it for 4k user

Do you really wanna throw away 100$ instead of keeping it for yourself? Not talking to the police is so easy, you don't even have to do anything. In fact, by NOT doing anything you are dramatically lowering your chances of getting fucked by the long dick of the law. Even if it was an honest mistake like with that left turn on yellow, if you don't say anything, the cop may go after the other couple for running a red, speeding, unsafe driving, who knows.

see
Same happened to me
Wentto court, fought it. Still got the ticket but they dropped the demerit points which is important

I'd rather lose $100 than the thousands hiring a lawyer would cost.

Good taste in image for hiding the plate.

no, my point being his job of collecting evidence to prosecute you becomes much harder if you don't give him anything to work with and you're perfectly within your rights to not self incriminate yourself. He might go talk to the other person and find a full conviction because they trusted him and gushed to him. You can completely avoid the courts if you avoid getting a ticket.

Well, it went like this: After the crash I got taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure. Stayed there for several hours and then sent home. I was told the cop would call me the next day to talk to me. He did so and I went to the station to meet him.

So in that scenario, when he called should I have told him I was too busy to go see him? I'd have to talk to him at some point or I'd get charged with stalling an investigation, wouldn't I?

You're free to talk to him at the station, ONLY if you have your own lawyer or an appointed lawyer there to remind you to shut the fuck up. Like what that video up in the thread says, most people confess out of good intentions, but the cop is just looking to get another mark in his ticket quota or convict you, while you may have good honest intentions, after all you did go to the hospital, the cop just views you as as another common law breaker. My biggest point earlier is don't talk to the cops right after the crash, if you say something incriminating, you've just shafted yourself, wait and be quiet while the cop shifts his attention to an easier conviction, like the other driver. If both of you play hard to get with the cop, he might just decide that both of you aren't worth his time and everyone gets off scott free and then it's down to the insurance to determine who was at fault. Your insurance is more likely to take your side since they don't want to pay out. But now you have a mark on your record, out however much the ticket was and since you are now at fault, your insurance is going up. Just say nothing, ask for a lawyer always. The best advice to avoid talking to the cop without looking like you're being uncooperative is to say "I'd love to talk to you officer but my best friend is a lawyer and he'd kill me if he found out that I spoke to you without consulting him first."

Does it matter than I'm dealing with Canadian cops rather than American ones?

same shit, your cops are probably nicer overall though. It's still too much of a risk by being honest and hoping that the cop says "im gonna let you off since it looks like you've suffered enough". When I crashed my car a few years ago, the cop tried to get me to do the field sobriety tests, shining a light in my eyes, how long has it been since i drank that day. I was completely sober and not under the influence of anything yet he was still trying to find something to charge me with. I was just a dumb 24 year old who lost control of his car (totaled) and rather than asking if I'm ok, this cop is trying to slap a DUI charge on me based off a verbal confession. Jesus

>Accidently scrape the side of coworkers car
>Have accident forgiveness for anything under $500
>The estimate is a tad over $500
megusta.jpeg
>call coworker with the good news
>Oh that's great user! I'm going to need a rental car because it'll take three days.
>everything went worse than expected.

I have to make a claim for a tiny scratch on someone's car and have my premium go up.

>mfw

I ran into some bitch in a minivan

I hit a truck

Fuckin old bitch just deciders to floor it wile sitting at a red light, have 1 second to hit the brakes befor I Tbone her. She was still flooring it, but after the hit she was pointing at the light pole, so she hit that, and that's why her front is fucked up too. Claimed the glare of the sunset made her think her light turned green. Fucking bitch I loved that car, I'm not going to get shit for it.

>flipped when a tie rod broke
a broken tie rod wouldnt cause you to flip your car.
literally how?

Just pay for it, its only $500.

A truck assaulted me

>zx
nothing of value was lost

it had a new radio

I went deer huntan around 130 in the morning in Utah a few weeks back.

Bagged that fucker, killed my bike...

Deer

Accident we picked up a while back for the police. Was hit by a diesel Dodge pickup.

>spec v
> no oem brembo's

It's like you wanted this to happen.

Why do you have a heart on your wrist?

Conniving bastard. Good work that was clever.

Dude polish your headlight and it won't look nearly as autistic

Is there a website to check crashed car pictures? I'm curious about how some models fair on fast crashes etc

Someone pulled out when i was incoming with ~110kph. Was my first car

Ditched it on the toe-gay

I don't know why they weren't just standard. The brakes were always a nagging issue on that car, from sezeing rear calibers to extremely uneven wear to constant speed based squeaks.

its $560 for the repairs and ~$250 for rental car. Not sure how much my rate will go up, but hopefully they can tell me that so I can make a decision.

minority detected

Are you an idiot? When your tie rod breaks one of your front wheels is free to steer any direction it wants.

Good job bud. Drunk drivers should be dragged through the streets and beaten.

Faggots.

>It's a Toyota
No surprise here, move along folks

>wow what a faggot that poor drunk driver just wanted to be left alone it's not like he made the choice to operate the single most dangerous appliance on earth while intoxicated, therefore putting every other life on the road in danger, fuck you!

kill yourself bud

better yet, drive drunk and commit vehicular manslaughter. I hear prison is nice

I've been driving for 8 years and have never even been in any sort of accident until this past month where BOTH of my cars were totaled by assholes.

Rip SC400 and 3.0L Outback

>fucking up a GM is bad form

"no"

Hood, door, and fender had to be fixed/painted too.

It was a little high to me though, all i had to pay was the deductible though. I think that was their insurance pricing.