So its pretty much been found that texting while driving is more dangerous than driving while drunk...

So its pretty much been found that texting while driving is more dangerous than driving while drunk. When are we gonna finally up the punishments for this shit to DUI levels?
>europoors need not apply to this thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9N1iw5Vdim8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When are you gonna teach your countrymen how to drive in the first place instead of just ramping up the punishments, you fat bastards?

kek

Erase automatic transmission cars from the market.
Its harder to text wjile driving on a manual car.

I can smoke a cigarette text and probably eat all while driving stick

This.
Cigarette in the left hand, cup of coffee in my right

When are they going to make it so you have to have both hands on the controls at all times for the car to move?

Go to pick up the phone, brakes apply, engine shuts off.
Drink? Engine off, brakes on.

i'm pretty sure a wire and a 9v battery is all you'd need to circumvent such a device

Speech to text in cars via your car/phone.

Problem solved.

I say if distracted driving is suspected, the court can pull a record of outgoing texts and data usage from your phone and if it looks like there was a large spike in data usage or any outgoing texts then you get your license revoked.

Texting and driving wasn't bad until they made it illegal.

Instead of people holding their phone at 12 o'clock on their steering wheel they now hold it in their lap.

So instead of people using their peripheral vision to text they blatantly stare into their lap.

So all of ones attention has been moved to their lap. At least before it was illegal they were looking forward.

how about just shutting the fuck up?

>Change radio
>Window up/down
>Use low gear!
>Adjust HVAC settings

This would defiantly cause more accidents than it'd solve.

Because having standards is RACIST

With current phones I honestly don't understand why people refuse to use speech-to-type. It's so easy to send a message using Siri and maintain awareness of the road.

they should have a drunk driving test and if you pass it you can drink drive
and one for driving over 120

fuck that let natural selection sort out the idiots that text and drive or can't learn how or when to take a drink of water while driving
no more safety features that you can restrict what you can do in a car while driving
>rent a car for a trip with a friend and forget to setup bluetooth before i start
>give my phone to my friend to setup bluetooth
>car says i have to stop in order to setup bluetooth
>stuck in a extremely slow for forty five minutes on the carpool lane that never completely stops, but still goes fast enough for the car to register i haven't stopped
enough with this

We should remove safety labels as well.

I'd you're not smart enough to not drink bleach you shouldn't be alive.

Don't want to wear your seatbelt? Fine.

If it were my country it'd be legal to playfully bump into people on the phone.

Tampering would be a capital offence. Summary punishment by the roadside.

You can just have that shit on the steering wheel.
And by 'controls' I include the gearstick. Maybe you can have a grace period of a few seconds, with a big visible countdown, though.

Natural selection has FUCKING FAILED. Idiots survive, and breed.
We have to abandon the ethics that got us through a population bottleneck, and start euthanising the idiots by the roadside.

Replace airbags with claymore mines.

I've had this idea since forever, complete a series of driver trainings and tests and get to install a blue flashing light to indicate slower traffic to move the fuck over. Well, maybe not blue, but you get the idea.

Everyone thinks it's stupid, but I'm a safer driver at twice the speed limit than some of the retards going half the speed limit all the time. Earlier today I was stuck behind an elderly driver in an Audi Q7 at a traffic light, it was turned off and he stopped for no reason for 5 minutes looking around. He didn't react to honking of several cars, going around him was impossible. At some point he started going again extremely slowly.

Idiots like you right? We should take out by the side of the road first right?

>2016
>texting

we need to give the dick something to do

Wait, i see how keeping the cigarette near the window would make sense, but wouldnt the shifting throws chuck gulps of coffee out of the cup?

Meanwhile in Australia
youtube.com/watch?v=9N1iw5Vdim8

Voice texting, as I currently use.

I was in Melbourne, Australia last year and got yelled at by an officer for looking at my phone for maps at a stoplight

Lucky he didnt give you a $400 fine, he could have.

I was kind, respectful, and explained I got lost and was trying to figure my way back to my hotel. He gave me directions, and sent me on my way. He seemed to be patrolling the area looking for people at stoplights. Is that normal?

thats the main place people pick their phone up, they don't care if you have the phone actually mounted on your dash board for the maps its people texting they are trying to stop.

and I'm having the worst fear here and trouble concetrating when I'm searching for the front light dial

how can you fucking text during driving?

Bunta pls.