More exhaust tips = better?

Friend with an 2016 S3 asks me if more exhaust tips are better for performance. I told him it's mainly for styling and he wonders if exhaust gases are coming out from the 4 tips or 2 because only 2 of them are darkened by carbon build up

Other urls found in this thread:

abarth-exhausts.com/datsun/
youtube.com/watch?v=N44icPfGi1M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have a theory OP. Can we see an actual picture of his car from underneath his rear bumper?

its because he drives like a fucking pussy - the exhaust flaps only open at higher RPM's to let the engine breath - otherwise its just diverting to 2 tips for noise reduction.

>single pipe leading to 4 tips

wew

Gasses will vent to the most direct route. Depending on the piping, it's not uncommon for some cars with dual pipes to have only one side have significantly more carbon build up.

You can lift the car and show him how pointless exhaust tips are.

Ban this sick filth

it makes more room for the catalytic converter
and in some older styles their are two sets of baffles in once housing

abarth-exhausts.com/datsun/

Tell him that tips don't matter much. You can have 10 tips but it will still perform worse than a custom dual-pipe catback system.

Exhaust tips can also be located in such a way that the heat first swirls backwards onto the car before it finally swirls outwards away from the car.

>Tell him that tips don't matter much.
>I told him it's mainly for styling

oh no this is so horrible

Holy shit, the ride never ends.

What class is that?

It's the No Class class.

C, E, or an S whatever it is looking at it makes me want to fucking kill myself

Aftermarket.

My Legacy has single to dual exhaust. The resonator is before the split and the mufflers are after. No idea why they decided to split before the mufflers.

Kek, obviously I wouldn't think Mercedes would do that

...they didn't even take the time to black out the center support piece. This is Mexican-tier modification.

Do you have the 6 cylinder?

4 banger.

I wish exhaust shops would just outright refuse to do shit like this

>it makes the car go 'woooop WOOOOP'

typical rotary

>its an AMG
what the fuck germans

kek theres no way it comes stock like this

Fake AMG. Do you not notice the correct imprint for the dual exhaust under there?

>radials on the rear tires
>FWD

it just gets worse

Pretty sure this was a mockup for a car show before the actual final trim was produced.

>S13 back end
>FWD

Don't mind him. He's just a retard.

You'll find that a vast majority of the cars you see in pictures with melted bumpers have fart-cannon mufflers. Those huge vacant cans and tips cause the exhaust gasses to expand and slow down a lot before they exit so the flames from the 2-step/antilag tend to waft about upwards instead of jetting out like they should

youtube.com/watch?v=N44icPfGi1M

>lisence plate says isis
>car blows up
what were they expecting, really

Lamborghini put the fuel tank air vent right under the left tail light, and way too close to the exhaust. That little flame that starts the fire is fuel vapor and it's the reason why all these aventadors catch fire

Neat. I figured it was some confluence of hot pipes/cats and composite materials, but that sounds a lot more italian to me. Maybe there were some magic mushrooms in the engineering team's spaghetti dinners.

Wasnt this supoesed to be car enthusiast board. What kind of enthusiast cant tell real car from wanabe.

Fucking this.

Every time that pic gets posted people flip their shit. Retards, the lot of ye