Classics that still look modern

classics that still look modern

nice thumbnail, dickhead. how in the fuck does that look like anything made today?

>he can't tell what car it is from the thumbnail.

Are you visually impaired or just car illiterate? Or are you posting from your phone?

You are right, though. The car doesn't look modern at all.

I'm posting from phone and even j can see that it is corvette

I can tell it is a miura, but this image board would be pretty shit if everyone was posting 200x200 pictures wouldn't

Thats not a corvette its a 69 lamborghini miura

this gen started 1998

That's a gorgeous Chevelle!

...............................1998 wasn't that fucking long ago. As far as design trends are concerned, we're more or less still in the same aesthetic generation.

still looks like a 2010+ car

God I hate that gen of the TT, looked old 3 years after it came out
a 1999 RX-7 or S2000 looks 10x more modern than that thing

You're right. It still looks contemporary and fresh.

The one car that looks very 90s and at the same time looks like it hasn't aged a day.

no

>he can't tell what car it is from the thumbnail.

Fiero with a body kit.

Bring our Boi home

The 3KGT, not really. But the FD3S is a tour de force of timeless design

melted soap bars with giant ricer wings
definitely no

>90s is somehow considered classic
???

1990 was 26 years ago

idiot

correct

No

And?

fuck you faggot. everything modern is sharp lines, aggressive shapes and fuck-huge grills and features. minimalist melted soap bars with ricer wings do not look modern and it shows painfully. you're fucking delusional if you think otherwise

thats not to say they're bad looking, becasue they're not, but they absolutely do not look modern in any way

...............Bro, American auto has been in design crisis since the 80s. Stop trying to drag down the rest of the world with our creative abortions from the 90s.

>unpainted bumpers from the factory

Yikes, i think what you're having difficulty with is the language and how its employed in this context. You seem to be using the word modern as direct synonym for contemporary. Contemporary is all the design nonsense we're seeing today and this year (the current RAV4 and everything made by Lexus and Acura being the most horrifying), but you'll have a hard time arguing that the RX7's designed is anyway dated, despite openly showing it's 90's-sports-car design language, () it wouldn't look out of place were it released today.

Styling memes come and go, normal people don't look at big grilles and sharp lines and say "gee how modern"

Exactly. There are fads, and there are ageless fundamentals.

Even with you 'clarifying' your use of terms i still have a hard time seeing how on earth an rx7 wouldnt stick out like a sore thumb on any car lot these days

see what said.

There's a thing called timeless design. Yes, manufacturing techniques and certain technology advances like lights, window seals etc will give the age away, but the point is if it was made today it could do and have barely any changes.

PRECISELY. Look at the AMG GTS, The Maserati GT, the BMW Z4 and you'll notice a certain distinct profile...a "sports-car silhouette" that has always been, and looking at the 90s, the FD is the one product that exemplifies it.

At least in US most cars are considered classics after 25 years old

98, 18 years ago.. not long ago.

Almost 20 years is a long time bro.

While i kinda see it, it'll be hard to argue this one as it's too fat-n-curvy in a uniquely nineties way.

you done repeating yourself?

>minimalist melted soap bars with ricer wings
even though i disagree, this line made me kek hard

What really gives it away on these older cars are the stock wheels. None of them look good, they just look like generic hub caps.

But the Z4 is more influenced by contemporary design trends where as the FD RX7 was influenced by classic themes.
The Mclaren F1 was another car that was styled along classic lines. Styling wise it would be more of a mid range sports car like the R8 nowadays, the hypecar game has moved on a lot.

not him, but the Z4 is definitely an obvious homage to the roadsters of old. Just look at it from the side m8.

FUCK

I can't stop wanting an FD so bad now, hnng. That has to be the most beautiful car ever to come out of Japan.

I'm not talking about the silhouette, more the surfacing and detailing.

I was born in 1997 an I just turned 19, It was pretty fucking long ago

>barely any changes
don't worry I got this

Still looks like the 1970's, but considering modern cars, its still kinda looks ultra aerodynamic

I win.

90s like mf

360 modena

this tbqh. I had to google the year I thought it debuted in 03

>1999

that looks ancient as fuck that's not timeless. looks good but it's old as fuck

good, modern cars look like ass.

lmao

nice late 80s shitmobile

Sheeit. That had to be pretty out there for 1999.

I've asked some non-car people how old they thought clean various early 2000s BMWs looked, and they always got it just about right. They look good, but are clearly a product of their time.

>anybody ever thinking this is newer than the late 90s at best

say that to my face and see what happens cunt

if you make allowances for the fact it was made over 60 years ago it still looks fresh as fuck
the design doesn't date it, some of the manufacturing artifacts do, like the window seals

What a disgusting piece of shit. I wouldn't drive that and i suck dick for a living.

Wasn't this a big FWD landbarge that somehow raced at PikesPeak? what the fuck kind of witchcraft is that!

You are the biggest shill out there for the TT.
The TT is, and always has been an ugly POS. It never looked new. Audi really sucked in the design department in the 90's and 00's.
No one sees that and thinks that could be a 2010.
They see it and think it's a 98

1990-1995

You mean everything modern is an unmelted soap bar with a huge grill and tiny windows for pedestrian impact survivability

made me laugh
good job m8

The LP400 was slick and sexy.
Never been a fan of the LP400 S and following models.

Not a classic by any means but if you squint real hard it could look modern. 1992-1996

man, that is depressing

This. First Countach is best Countach.

>79 posts
>no one brings up the Countach's ADHD cousin

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet.
>1999

Hows about an M1 for a change?

OK

a thing of beauty is a joy forever

This. If the first gen had led tails id be fooled into thinking its a new car

That looks like an old acura desu

>kids born in 97 are 19 now
fucking hell

Is that the fucking Terminator driving that car?

was going to post this.

This, I think my 2005 to looks as good if not better then most 2016's

>aerodynamic
This thing had so much front end lift the rear wing was designed to be non-functional

>None of them look good

Yeah, 90s wheels do looks like shit.

Needs more angry and angles. The overall shape hasn`t really changed.

Speaking of Mclaren, most super/hypercars after it (excluding Porsche/Bugatti/Audi/Lambo) have used roughly the same shape on their shell

>9 years

Still as relevant in benchracing and shitposting as the day it was released.

This is 25 years old

we can tell