What happened to small, offroad capable suvs? Why did they all just disappear and become so fucking rare...

What happened to small, offroad capable suvs? Why did they all just disappear and become so fucking rare? Jeep makes shit and has no competition now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/o1qBFJUkOZc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Useless.

gr8 post m8

Let me elaborate.
2small2buseful.

>muh suv has to be huge to haul muh family to the lake every summer

And that is why they don't make them anymore.

See how easy that was!

There's always the milsurp route, if you like. Check what's available in your area, as well as local parts availability.

Pic related. I'm going for an Iltis as my next DD.

>everybody's scenario is the same as mine
Gr8 post m8

You do realize how economics works right?

Oh sure thing Shekelberg you're darn skippy

jesus christ what a faggot

Because these fucking crybaby millennials just want something to get from point a to point b on top of that gay ass asphalt shit everybody is driving on these days

>your particular scenario requires a manufacturer to spend millions developing a vehicle to fit your specific needs

If they aren't making it and you want it, there's no market for you.
You are not it.

As far as what I think to why they suck?
They come from a time when everything was smaller, cars just were smaller. SUVs were smaller. What you're looking at in the OP is one dude with a little bit of gear. Rough to fit a companion. Throw it on top and it rolls over.
For two, you at least need this size but that's gay.

I had an old tracker, it was fun. Perfect for a single dude dickin around in his early driving years.
Not for a grown ass man or family.

No money, barely a job or roof does not influence a billion dollar corporation. That 'untapped market' is called a thrift store.

What's that, fuckboi? I can't hear you over my 1980 Paris-Dakarr championship.

Wait, what's that? You want something more "Joe Civvie?" Turns out I can do that too.

Yes user, be sure to remind everyone who laughs at you in that pos that it won the 1980 paris-dakar. I'm sure that'll help lmao

And now you need something that can put down armor in a pinch? Cool your titties, I can do that, too. And inspire Audi's Quattro system while I'm at it.

Sounds like you just have shit taste, son.

Sounds like you just have bad autism user.

Have you forgotten where you are?

Trackalackin bitches

>What happened to small, offroad capable suvs? Why did they all just disappear and become so fucking rare? Jeep makes shit and has no competition now.

They were disposable when they were new. A samurai was one of the cheapest cars you could buy back in the day.

And the media scared people into thinking they would roll over and kill everyone if you dared to take them around a turn.

That and they were rust buckets.

Epa emissions regulations, IIHS safety standards, the pussification of everything...

some of us have good autism

They never stopped making them. They just stopped importing them. Suzuki needs to try their hand at North America again.

This was legitimately it's only close competitor.

sup, bro.

>Length 3,740 mm (147.2 in)
>Width 1,680 mm (66.1 in)

>What is Panda 4x4?

An overrated lifted hatchback that happens to have a diff in the back as well as the front.

I am sure this allows for mad axle travel.

B-but this is what OP wanted, r-right?
Besides the Panda is pretty capable offroad despite it's looks.
youtu.be/o1qBFJUkOZc

I want one so fucking badly

Not him, is that a good or a bad thing? That little Renault doesn't look built for off-roading.
Hey, someone near me has one of those. I want one, they look so fucking space age.

They're fucking everywhere in Northwest Georgia, only people who drive them are high school kids tho

They still make them.

Aaayyy

Qt 3.14, would drive.

A little bit of this, and; back in the day you pretty much didn't have the middle ground of the crossover. You had your normal low-sitting sedan/wagon where only a very few were found with AWD (and fewer with a system that actually worked) like the Toyota Corolla, Subaru Legacy and the likes, and then you had rough SUV's like the Toyota LandCruiser, Nissan Patrol, Daihatsu Rocky and the likes of those.

The people who bought the small SUV's of that time were the ones who needed/felt like they needed the offroad capabilities they offered, but also wanted something cheap and small. As time went on the tires got better, technology improved, and with the crossover becoming a thing the small SUV disappeared as the customer base now moved onto the crossovers as they now offered a more comfortable car that wasn't too big, but still had a functioning AWD system and a tall enough ride to fill their needs for offroad/bad road capability

they were an offshoot of the 2door sport SUV. And those went out of style in the 90's. so naturally, compact SUVs went with them.

also at fault is the same sort of shit that made small pickups die. footprint. regulations basically need to justify a pickup being so small since it wastes the same amount of gas as a car or bigger size. so better to make it bigger to justify the milage,

or something along those lines.

basically, the same reason there aren't compact pickups anymore, compact SUV's dont exist anymore either. (in addition to suv's no longer being seen as anything other than overglorified station wagon people carriers)

buy a Lada Niva for 1300 euros, mint condition and better than most out there.

yours?

This

Russia still makes Nivas and UAZ

>They come from a time when everything was smaller, cars just were smaller. SUVs were smaller.

Not in America they weren`t, well the people were, but cars were fucking huge.

>That little Renault doesn't look built for off-roading.

Looks can be deceiving.

Ironically quite a few of the normal cars back then had as much ground clearance as a crossover today.

>Not in America they weren`t

Put a CJ4 next to a $current_year Jeep.

Well SUVs were made to traverse through jungles and woods back then. Now its already an offroad vehicle if it wont get stuck on a curb.

Wassup trackbro.

where do you get a tracker that isnt beat to shit?

somewhere people actually bought them, like southern california or florida

Colorado actually. Got really fucking lucky. 114k on it when I got it. Paid just under $2K.

my dad had an X90
>mfw it was before i could drive a stick
>mfw i will never get to drive a 5-speed, 4x4, t-top ever again

>I'm going for an Iltis as my next DD.
no you're not

>What happened to small, offroad capable suvs?
They became crossovers.

My mom had a purple one and she used to let me drive stick shift on it sitting on her lap when I was 8, good memories

She also owned a Suzuki samari at one point

>40 fucking MPG
>4x4 with lockers standard
>barely 18k USD
I'd buy this thing in a heartbeat.

>70s Lincoln

You do know those small 4x4s came around in the mid-late 80s?
Like everything else in that nifty time, was smaller.

1985 Ford Bronco II owner, no matter who is passenger side, always bumping shoulders.
Not enough room for 2, smaller sized humans.
>god, I hate that truck

63 HP (in the JP version)

Bump that up to around a hunnered and it's on (that's what they did for the Tracker in the 90s).

Small SUVs got replaced by UTVs.

They're making UTVs now with backup cameras, GPS, power windows, AC/heat, etc.

>jeep makes shit
nice meme

>automotive industry
>ATO response to demand
>men being faggots and start listening to wives instead of beating them back to the kitchens
>"i want a big car, high ride, like your offroad, but comfy, I wanna be like sitting on the couch"
>"y-yes my goddess"
>no more real-man offroading
>shitty plastic bubbly round shaped overpriced fat heavy hacker-friendly POS

Euro spec with wider track is available with diesel and petrol engines with 80-90 hp

I had a 2nd gen panda 4x4 which was shit, dunno about the 3rd gen but my hopes aren't too high

I'm glad the facelift is optional though
>comes with permanent 4x4, low range and a locking center diff
>all sorts of options like snow plow, offroad tires, roof tent, winches etc available
>they actually started improving things in the last decade, various small changes to the driveline and body
>in germany it's still the cheapest AWD/4x4 car on the market, even if you add options.

pretty good deal if you ask me, they're pretty popular around here (south germany)

huh weird, considering they are even more rare than small suvs

>chrysler is good

please

beeep beep

You must live up north, they are everywhere down south.