Dashcam thread

Since I'm getting dashcam just in case in my car it would be nice to create dashcam general.

>Post those amazing crashes here and discuss cameras.
>getting Thinkware F770

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_uoIAe5zhCg
ru-chp.livejournal.com/
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15428027/#q15428027
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15523000/#q15523000
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15409026/#q15409026
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is just a warmup for the russian dashcam videos.
>youtu.be/_uoIAe5zhCg

Whats a good dual camera dash cam? The one that has a camera for the rear? Im cheap btw

>russian dashcam videos

Here's a smorgasbord of that
ru-chp.livejournal.com/

>ru-chp.livejournal.com/
It's either to single cam setting, that's probably cheapest but wiring can be tricky, alternatively :
>Blackvue dr650gw-2ch
>Vicovation Marcus 5 is great but it's pretty visible.
>Mivue has 658 dual I think, not too bad pricewise
>Then Blacksys has overrated CH100-B
>Best bang for the buck would probably be Thinkware F750, almost same as F770 except now disounted price.

Sometimes, the perps will come and take away your dashcam memory chip if they know you have a dashcam. They refuse to allow you to have evidence against their version of the story. So you don't want to advertise you have people recorded. They will take your recording away.

All true, thought that this would be nice thread image nonetheless.

Why re-invent the obvious wheel when archived dashcam threads are at:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15428027/#q15428027

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15523000/#q15523000

Not dashcam, but times when you wish you had cams.
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15409026/#q15409026

I am considering the VSN Mobil 360...

Put it near the dome light and full 360 degree commuter footage.
People at a store said it works inverted...

Because then this board wouldn't have any posts?

Because, we can actually discuss instead of browsing and reading old posts, asking questions is a non-issue.

G1W-C masterrace checking in.

I thought i'd give this cheap dashcam a go and possibly buy a more expensive one later, but its doing too good a job to be replaced.

No crashes yet, unfortunately :(

>6:35

I was just chatting with a guy who has a Tesla and Thinkware dual dashcam at a cars and coffee meet last weekend. He showed me the cameras and pulled up the app on his phone where he can view them in real time or watch the recorded videos. It was a fairly nice setup.

Yes, think so as well, Korean cam makers make good mobile apps for dashcams, at least compared to competition.

>Remember to also steal my cameras
>the sticker

It's more like "Remember to raid my car in an accident to get rid of the evidence of your wrong doing". That happened with I lived in Arizona. If the guilty people think they can take you on, they will strongarm their way to your dashcam and take the chip or command it to erase if your dashcam is built-in as part of the car (like mine).

>be driving in city
>minding my own business
>approaching intersection
>car in front ran just turned red light, I don't
>red light runner stops at other end of intersection for some reason
>don't think about it
>green light
>I drive around him
>he starts tailgating the hell out of me and beeps his horn etc
>pull over and lock my doors
>guy runs up to my car and knocks violently on the window
>roll it down couple of inches
>DELETE IT. DELETE IT NOW
>shocked I ask what he's meaning
>YOU RECORDED ME. DELETE IT NOW
>I tell him I use it if I'm in an accident
>he wouldn't have any of it
>starts hitting my window and violently attempting to open my door
>drive away so fast that my car could do

Never saw that guy again, but seriously, what was that guy's problem?

Your first mistake was pulling over
Your second mistake was not showing him the barrel of a .45 and telling him to back the fuck off

>this

or smashing his face in with your door

I figured he wanted to tell me something like my license plate falling off or something.
>owning a gun

>angering him more by trying to hit him
>risking him getting to me
No way
But I think I actually drove over his foot fleeing, not sure, though

suspended license, probably his third strike.
coulda sent his ass to jail but it's obvious he wouldn't learn nothin from it.

>Not owning a gun

Would probably try to find me when he's released.

>not keeping a baseball bat, a glove, and a ball in your back seat
A bat alone may be considered a weapon, but keeping it with the full kit is just a spare-of-the-moment scared-for-my-life type of deal.

>not owning a gun
What are you, a bernout liberal?

>bernout liberal
No, I'm not an american.

Cool, so now I can release my internal psycopath and kill or seriously injure some people based on self-defence without consequences. Society will be better off and I won't feel bored. I like this dash cam idea even more.

Excellent situational awareness.

>Would probably try to find me when he's released.
With your license plate, he could just use one of those online databases. Pay them $25 and they tell you everything.

>Blackvue dr650gw-2ch
Huh, that one looks pretty good

Sounds like a great way to get me to shoot you.

>wait for him to get close to your shitbox
>speed away

I am not a bitch who needs to carry a firearm to feel safe. What is it with white suburban fuccbois with an obsession with guns, and a hero complex?

>not burgerbro so can't be strapped
I am truely sorry for your lots.

I actually don't carry a lot. Last time I did was when some psycho murdered his kids and ex wife, and was on the loose. My sides left orbit when he tried to mug some guy walking his dog (tried to get car keys for a getaway), and got fucking shot instead.

Anyways that's not relevant to the thread.
I'm actually gonna get a dashcam soonish, dunno about a rear facing one because I don't live in a front plate state, and I drive a pickup so you can't really record much over the bed. If a faggot is tailgating me I literally can barely see them.

I bet you put on your fedora just to write this post

>being afraid of weapons

not just him but even the guy in front moved

what are some discrete models that aren't clearly visible through the windshield?

>What is it with white suburban fuccbois with an obsession with guns, and a hero complex?

Guns give them an illusion of control over their pathetic lives.

A119 which is the successor to A118.

It's fairly new, so firmware updates are getting spit out frequently.

DELET THIS

Do you guys use a battery for the dashcam to power it, or do you have it hardwired somewhere?

If the latter, what cables did you splice to supply the power? I saw an "add a fuse/circuit" kit for a car but it looks like it involves routing wires through the engine-bay, dashboard, and etc.

Hardwired with Cellink battery, which is hardwired to the car. I have 24h surveillance.

>bump
Just got my Z3, looking for a 2-channel dashcam. The Blackvue looks pretty good but some of the Amazon reviews worry me.