Satans semen

I made this mistake of using this shit today. Just finished washing my car and saw this in the garage and said why not.

I always wondered why my dads windshield looked fogged up and the wipers never worked properly. I don't wonder anymore.

By the time I realized that it was fucking WAX dissolved in a strong carrier solvent, it was too late. The shit smeared all over my windshield and left fine streaks no matter how much I wiped. Looks like frosted glass when the sun shines through and using the wipers leaves giant smears that completely block the view for a couple of seconds with every wipe.

Now I need to find the strongest solvent I can get and a thousand rolls of paper towels to get this shit off.

If you live near the factory that produces this stuff, please kill them immediately before they hurt more people.

Other urls found in this thread:

classaction.org/rain-x-lawsuit
northtownevw.com/blog/how-to-fix-volkswagen-rain-x-windshield-wiper-fluid-problems/
carcomplaints.com/news/2015/rain-x-washer-fluid-sensor-lawsuit.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've never had a problem with it.

You're supposed to wipe it down after putting it on. IT SAYS SO ON THE FUCKING BOTTLE

Just use dish detergent if you can't get it off.

>left fine streaks no matter how much I wiped

It's fucking wax dude, you can't wipe away wax, you have to buff it and even then it still leaves streaks.

Its not wax though.

Never had a single issue with it. You must be retarded.

This its a type polycarbonate, closer to plastic than wax.

Regardless any detergent that eliminates grease will strip it, Windex will work as well.

Maybe you shouldn't use chemicals becuase apparently you can't follow instructions on their use? You're probably the reason warning labels like 'Do not drink' exist.

I am 100% sure it's wax given the strong smell of alcohol coming from it and how the residue behaves exactly like meguiar's cleaner wax.

I followed the instructions exactly as indicated. Clean the glass, wipe on with a dry cloth, let dry until it fucks up your windshield and then try desperately to wipe the streaks off.

You could get the exact same result by rubbing butter all over your windshield.

Never had problems with water not beading off the windshield; I shouldn't have impulsively used this garbage.

I'm 100% sure it isn't wax. Because I actually read the ingredients on the back of the bottle.

You're supposed to read the directions dumbass

It is really Rain-X in that bottle? I bet some angsty person sabotaged it at the store and then went LOL LOL wondering who would buy it. My original Rain-X concentrate in the small squeeze bottle (not your sprayer version) goes on clear and dries fairly clear. It wipes off easily too with either paper towel or microfiber. I usually use cotton because that leaves the most on the windshield. Microfiber is too good at sucking it all off the windshield while cotton leaves a good amount but also a clear windshield.

OP is retarded. never had any problem with this.
OP didnt read the directions and blames product

look at the bright side, boys. at least op fucked up the application of rain x, and not something crucial to the operation of his vehicle like an oil change or brake pad change

Is it a habit of yours to just grab a car care product off the shelf and throw it on the car without reading the directions?

>clean window
>apply liberally with cloth dampened with the product
>allow to dry to a slight haze
>wipe off

Wow so hard

>I am 100% sure it's wax given the strong smell of alcohol
>wax
>alcohol

Just kill yourself

But i have meguiar cleaner wax and i waxed my windshield. The wax that wouldnt come off, balled up in my microfiber. Something seems fishy

It streaks and hazes if you don't follow the directions, otherwise it's the best ever.

Seriously. I barely even use my wipers anymore.

OP here; have done own brakes, alternator, serpentine belt, water pump, tire changes etc.

I've also rebuilt several outboard engines and I work in engineering.

Rain x is a shit product.

Oh wow we have a big shot here. Look out!

so you've done all that great shit and you Work In Engineering (tm) but you can't figure out how to use a fucking four step water repellent?

barring the knowledge that you actually did use it correctly... you can do all that great shit, but you don't bother to check if a product has perhaps expired before just fucking spraying it on your car?

either way, you're a grade a dumbfuck. it troubles me that people like you do complicated tasks for a living.

It should trouble you more that companies can release such horeshit and call it a working product.

It's like fucking rustoleum neverwet which is actually doughnut icing instead of what all their marketing shit claims.

Which is exactly what happened with this shit, the stuff was probably industrial waste before the marketing team got a hold of it and tada! you've got vaseline, a miracle cure all instead of cancer in gel form.

>thread literally filled with testimonials verifying quality of product
>top 3 amazon search results for "rain x" yield 3 different rain x products with hundreds of reviews averaging 4.5 stars
>multiple replies in thread indicating you didn't use product correctly
>"THIS PRODUCT DOESN'T WORK!!!!!!!!!!"

grade a dumbfuck
r
a
d
e

a

d
u
m
b
f
u
c
k

Oh I don't doubt for a second that it repels rain, and that's probably what these fucking idiots left their 5 star rating based on. But it also blinds you at night and in strong sun and also it doesn't work with your wipers and if you use the rain-x windshield washer fluid it breaks the level sensor in the tank and eventually fucks up the windshield over time. Plenty of info on the net confirms this.

I'm looking at the bottle now asshole and there's no expiry date, no manufacture date, not even any instructions on if it's a product that can expire or how long it lasts once applied.

I could achieve 100% the same effect by dissolving butter in rubbing alcohol because that's all this shit is.

Well, you're 100% wrong. Just because it's soluble in ethanol doesn't mean its automatically a wax.

Polydimethylsiloxan

see

You must be a dead set retard. Never had issues with it. Windows look tip top and water rolles off the glass nicely..

>I could achieve 100% the same effect by dissolving butter in rubbing alcohol because that's all this shit is.

Are you sure it is Rain-X and only Rain-X in the bottle? It seems strange it makes such nasty opaque streaks on your window. It must be some other product in that bottle.

Do you polish your windows?

>engineering

Is that what they are calling a mechanic now days?

i get alot of problems with it too, every morning my windows got dew or a light coating of water and it takes forever to clear. if i use my wipers i have to keep them on for 10 minutes untill it evaps. ima go over all the windows with methelated spirits to get rid of it. i always knew they did payed reviews on vidya, but never car products.

I use it once and a while. Never have an issue with it. I don't even follow the directions.

I get that as well but I assume its because I applied it 11 months ago and haven't washed the car since.

I use maguiars wax on the windshield and rear window. Works good.

Nigger what!?

I just used it again today and have been using it for over a year now. You don't try to buff it out like a retard. Just grab a towel and some window cleaner and clean the windows like normal. Then watch the rain bead immediately as it hits your windscreen.
You don't even need the wipers if you're driving fast enough, the water just skates of the surface and gets ejected at high speed.

Maybe you're just a fucking retard.

lmao ops probably using dollar store rags

I have an old bottle of Rain-X from the early 1990's and it says:

"rain-x
The Invisible Windshield Wiper

Dramatically improves wet weather visibility - extends & expands your field of vision - lets you see clearly with and without wipers!

Covers windshields, side and rear windows, morrors & lights with an invisible shield that disperses rain, sleet & snow on contact - shrugs off bugs, frost, salt, mud & grime; makes cleaning a snap. Whatever the weather, whatever you drive - use rain-x for increased all-around visibility, safety & driving comfort.

Directions - 1. Clean & dry exterior glass. 2. Dampen small cloth with rain-x & carefully wipe on using firm, circular & overlapping motions. 3. After haze forms, redampen cloth with rain-x & reapply to insure complete coverage. 4. Remove final haze with water-moistened cloth - then wipe with dry cloth until clear. 5. Re-apply rain-x at least monthly to maintain peak performance and offset the effects of grit, grime & wiper abrasion. Change wiper blades every 6 months. "

The new stuff doesn't recommend re applying or wet removal but does say rinse with water. Op if you read the instructions it works fine. You are just dum af. Maybe it was an empty bottle that was refilled with something else but rainx is OK

I use a windshield fluid that has rank in it. It's fantastic. No mucking about with applying it. Just spray the windshield, let the blades do their job, and then no more wipers for months. Also has. Do-icer.
>shits cash

Is it that pink fluid?

no, him being an Engineer explains everything.

they can't design a fancy electric motor that does complicated shit... but they can't figure out the goddamn straw dispenser in the lunch.

>him being an Engineer explains everything.

There are lots of impractical engineers nowadays. They know how to take examinations but they don't have practical sense if it's not from the book they read. The universities that have semester type classes (two classes per school year) have more time to train engineers than those which use the quarterly system based mostly upon students trantically trying to study for the next examination as their target for learning. Each approach has its merits and demerits.

I've been through a few engineering classes, before I changed majors, my impression is that they're really heavy on mathematics, as they should be, but way too light on practical knowledge, as in actually being made to take CnC courses to manufacture or repair the shit they personally design.

Same goes for structural engineers, I've yet to work in a warehouse where an isle is any more than an Inch wider than a lift can turn, and as a result the racking systems they put in get chewed up in a matter of years, instead of lasting a decade or more as they should.

>Op if you read the instructions it works fine. You are just dum
OP probably just wanted to make a "I hate Rain-X" thread but came up with some strange story of how rain-x comes out of the spray bottlle like a thick wax in carrier solvent. It's actually pretty thin. And really hard to mess up the directions. Maybe the bottle was simply being re-used as a spray bottle for something else but OP didn't know that.

If it's an old bottle, it's probably been exposed to sunlight or is just old in general. Rain-X works pretty well, but it's best to apply on a cool windshield and wipe off immediately.

rain x is literally the best thing ever, your shit is fucked OP

The pink orange fluid damages your level sensor, tank and overall spray system. Look it up.

>The pink orange fluid damages your level sensor, tank and overall spray system. Look it up.

Thank you for the warning. I was actually thinking of gong out and buying some after reading that post saying it worked.

classaction.org/rain-x-lawsuit

There are a LOT of complaints about that fluid not being compatible with certain cars that have a simple two metal prong sensor in the fluid reservoir to tell the driver the windshield washer fluid is low. Apparently, the polysilohexane likes to coat those terminals with a water repellant coating. The conductivity falls and the car's computer thinks the fluid level is low and turns the warning light on the dash. Dealers charge up to $300 to remove the reservoir to get at the sensor prongs to wipe them off and then reinstall the reservoir. Some car owners do this themselves without needing a dealer.

northtownevw.com/blog/how-to-fix-volkswagen-rain-x-windshield-wiper-fluid-problems/

As a result, the maker of Rain-X has been hit with a class action lawsuit alleging it deceived consumers by indicating its windshield washer fluid was suitable for use in all mass-produced vehicles. The lawsuit says this product isn’t compatible with certain vehicles. According to the suit, Rain-X shouldn’t be used in cars made by:

Volkswagen
Audi
Mini Cooper
BMW
Mercedes Benz
Chrysler

As with stealerships, Rain-X is refusing to cover costs of repairs.

On the other hand, lots of people have used Rain-X orange or green fluid successfully for many years in a row. But those people don't have windshield washer fluid level sensors. I say the more sensors you have, the more something can go wrong with just the sensors! Washer fluid sensors seems to be overdoing things.

If you have worries about a product, check the car complaints site:
carcomplaints.com/news/2015/rain-x-washer-fluid-sensor-lawsuit.shtml

Since Rain-X preceded those sensors on the market, shouldn't it be those sensor makers at fault instead of Rain-X? Or is the solution going to be the result of whoever bribes the judges' family/friends the most? It's not unknown for justice in the USA to be purchased.

I'm not readin threw all this shit. Just wipe it off with rubbing alcohol

So you should be forced to change your sensor design because of the possibility someone will use a third party windshield cleaning fluid thats not recommended to be used by the cars manufacturer.

Makes perfect sense

my car is about 30 years old and uses the same style of sensor for the brake fluid as it does for the washer fluids. There is a small polystyrene float with a magnet on the bottom of it. As the fluid level drops and the magnet drops down, it induces a current in the sensor.

No connections are made in the fluid reservoirs, they knew over time that issues would arise by having open circuits that were completed by a fluid... Seems awfully simplistic to me, and it does not care if its coated in any hydrophobic fluids grime/dirt or any other junk.

People should not have put the rain-x or other poly based water repellents directly into their washer tanks without checking if it was okay to do first, But at the same time, if you have a probe style sensor even bug-washes and de-icers can corrode the probe. They should have used a different sensor style from the factory Saving 2 cents per sensor seems dumb when you have to spend an hour to get to it to replace it later on.

>needing a sensor to tell you youre out of washer fluid.

Can't you just see you're about to run out when you spray and you're only squirting a little fluid onto the glass? Fuck people are inept

typically i assumed that the low washer fluid light is more to keep bad things from happening in the winter time. To let you know to keep a specified amount of fluid in there with additives to keep it from freezing and busting out the tank, or destroying the pump. It comes on at least 5-7 cleanings before it is empty on my car.

>Seems awfully simplistic to me
Or another "programmed" revenue source for dealers. If something is made so that it is highly likely to fail sooner or later, then that is good for the dealer chain as they make most of their money on repairs and parts sales and not on new car sales. But of course, they have to keep selling cars in order to create a customer base especially that of the core loyal customer base that comes back over and over for highly profitable servicing.

Maybe you should ask your dad what he put in the spray bottle?

Never had a problem with it and do it religiously.

That sucks, mine lasts damn near the life of the vehicle...

I liked using the Rain-X windshield wiper fluid because it never started smelling rotten in the reservoir. I've put blue stuff in there and it would start to smell putrid after awhile like bacteria or amoeba was growing in it. But the rain-x stays clean in the reservoir.

Is there a replacement for Rain-X that won't grow bacteria in the reservoir?

Have fun paying someone a good chunk of your minimum wage to replace the windshield for you because you are a dumb fucking retard that can't follow even the most basic of directions.

>Now I need to find the strongest solvent I can get and a thousand rolls of paper towels to get this shit off.

How can you be so bad at even removing car wax off a windshield? From your description of how it goes on the windshield as an opaque thick wax leaving an opaque coating like a frosted window, it is not Rain-X in the bottle.

As others who use Rain-X have said in the thread, either verify what is in that old bottle, or throw it away as it is not Rain-X. If it came from the store, then it was probably contaminated by some prankster mixing bottle contents together. Rain-X spray doesn't go on and turn your windshield into frosted glass. Whatever is in that bottle has curdled up into some alien substance. Maybe even your father contributed to the problem if he mixed something else into the liquid hoping that he thought would make it better. But instead it reacted with the ingredients ruining the mixture.

I never said it was opaque, it looks like water but when you wipe it around it leaves very fine streaks like a film of oil which is not really a problem except for when the sun, glare or bright lights shine through and it's like looking through a dirty pair of glasses. Also using washer fluid and wipers causes fogging which blocks the view for a couple of seconds.

This is normal behavior for rain-x, read the fucking amazon reviews. Even the top comment says that you have to buff this stuff non stop until it dissapears, at which point you've probably just cleaned it off the windshield.

I got most of it off my windows and things are back to normal, I'm going to try using 0000 steel wool to remove the remaining stuff.