Tint or no tint?

What's your thought Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15464293
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Personally I think dark windows make a car even look fatter.

Especially laughable if you live in countries where you're not allowed to darken the front windows and only the rear sides and rear window.

Dark tint all around

#4evafishbowl

It's a good idea to have the back window on your truck tinted. You never realize how much sun comes through these things until you start driving. It's especially bad if your skin gets sunburned really easily like mine does.

I had my Caprice tinted and I'm thinking of removing them. Think it looks ghetto now and hard to see at night.

light tint so you don't look like a douchenozzle

My miata side windows are tinted, because the interior got unbearably hot before

This here

My car came with tinted back windows. Its technically illegal where I live but most cops dont give a fuck. Of course I managed to find the one cop around who takes his job so seriously. Gives me warning and lets me go.
>dont let me see you with tint again
Never removed tint, dont want assholes looking into my back seats to pawn my shit for drug money.

Ive been pulled over at traffic stop before and all the cops said they were checking tint.
>here we go again
They only check my front windows and says its good. Thats all, no shit about my back windows.

Some cops are decent, other need to get the cock out of their asses.

Id like to have all my door windows tinted, but I gotta draw the line somewhere.

>live in 3rd world shit hole
>put darkest available tint on all my windows
>mfw driving at night and try to make a turn and cant see shit through my side windows and have almost crashed several times

My first thought was to make a smug comment about living in the first world, but I honestly feel bad for people in the third world and it was just sheer luck that I was born in first world.

Where do you live?

Full tint screams nigger.

Tint looks good plus it's often 100+ here so it's nice in the summer.

any amount of tint will make you look like a complete tool

It's basically mandatory in the sw USA. The sun down here destroys any and everything and tinting slows this.

Anons saying tints are "lolniggas" are retarded

Tints
>Keep your car cool as shit during the summer
>Let you leave your shit inside the car without fear of a nigga breaking the window because he can't see inside
>Minor added protection - makes it harder to break

I went 20% all around and 50% on the front. Haven't been pulled over yet. Nighttime driving isn't too big of an issue. If you do get pulled over, roll your windows down.

Hard to find a competent or reputable shop that can cover the dot matrix faithfully without leaving a goofy halo of light around the window...

Tinting the windshield and front windows should be illegal and rightfully is in most places.

>Keep your car cool as shit during the summer
Stop living in a desert.
>Let you leave your shit inside the car without fear of a nigga breaking the window because he can't see inside
Stop living in a country with such rampant poverty.
>Minor added protection - makes it harder to break
Bullshit.

illegal ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

America

>desert
northeast USA actually
>poverty
lol can happen anytime in the city, stop living in the boonies with your parents
>bullshit
how do you know user

kek

>stop living in a desert
I dont like my cars rusting. Ill stay

>America
We have a large crime problem with spics and the infamous american negro. There's so much promotion of the "american dream" that these people feel entitled to having a guaranteed american dream. When they don't get one awarded to them for all their self-inflicted suffering, they become bitter and criminal.

After generations of that attitude, the criminal attitude has become endemic and apparently "the new normal" for many of them. One can see how even the young behave. If they park in a mall, they will peer into cars and check various door handles of cars as they walk to the shops. In my area, there is a problem of them rushing at you when you are at an ATM. I had that happen even though the ATM was at the mall. So bold.

5% all around you even start to develop infrared sights after a while

I actually laughed at this. Good job.
As someone who lives between the 3 inhabitable zones of this state I have to agree.
The fall of the industrial revolution really killed this country.

>What's your thought Veeky Forums?
I wanted tint to keep the UV and hot sun out of the car and to make it harder for criminals to look into my car for things to steal. Most criminals walk by and to avoid suspicion of them peering into every car, they just walk by and hope to get a quick view. If darkly tinted they can't get a good view and they leave your car alone and move on to the next one. It's important to make things difficult or else your windows get busted.

Another benefit of tinted windows is that it makes nightime use of a flashlight difficult for criminals. Too little of the light gets inside so it takes longer for them to check your car out. Ever wonder why the yellow pages section has so many automobile window glass replacement companies? It's not just accidents, but thieves breaking windows that keeps those companies in business. Otherwise, the number of windows needing replacement even in a metropolis is fairly small if one considered only auto collisions as the source of broken windows.

Tint. Always tint.

I prefer a light or no tint.

>Dark tint all around
Most criminals won't even try to look into a dark tinted car anymore. Only the more determined ones break those windows because they're doing all the cars anyways. So tinting does help reduce crime on your car.

I have had both of my cars tinted. As well as my sisters

20% is good, 10 is too hard to see out at night.

>niggers can't see in
>if they do try to break into your car it takes a lot more effort to break a tinted window then it does one with no film on it (see safety glass, same concept)
>defrosters work better in winter
>car stays cooler in summer
>don't have to wear sunglasses all the time
>sometimes can make the car look better
>most shops offer a free lifetime warranty

I did 20% on my Lancer and 35% on my Explorer

>200 for my lancer for everything but the windshield

>280 for my explorer for everything but the windshield

it is here, though i think you can ahve a slight tint on the front door windows. still,think ill get the rear ones done

>The fall of the industrial revolution really killed this country.
Only because you have a large chronically idle population in your country that lacks the ability to achieve things of significance. From your public media, too much of your population thinks achievements are hanging out with homies, dancin to hiphop, scoring dope, and looking cool are achievements.

Kek.

You're not wrong, sadly.

heavy tint on the back
light or no tint on the front

Those saying tint prevents break ins, doesn't that make your car more of a target since clearly you're tinting your windows for a reason, also this invention exists called flashlights.

Also some cars hitting 10+ years old will suffer dash cracks. Tints help prevent that by another 10 or so years.

Fresh dash. Cool car. Prevents windows getting broken. VS I don't like the look

Make sure yall go 20%. I've had 20% for 5 years, haven't been pulled over for them once The times I did get pulled over, he didnt cite me for it. Although I hear 10 or 5% you will get cited for it.

I like privacy and heat rejection.

>Prevents windows getting broken.
If you have tinted windows I assume you have something to hide. I didn't give a fuck about your windows or trying to be stealthy. I just went for smash and grab.

That's when I was a dumb kid though.

>I didn't give a fuck about your windows or trying to be stealthy. I just went for smash and grab.
>That's when I was a dumb kid though.

In a different Veeky Forums thread earlier this year about car thievery, it was daytime and the car owner heard a window breaking in his house's driveway. There was an adult black male there breaking the window of his first car. He went outside and shouted at the black guy. The black guy ignored him and went to the second car to continue breaking windows to get inside to look for stuff. Pretty much a "fuck you, you can't do anything to me" attitude from the bold black guy. Breaking windows and stealing with the owner watching.

The owner drew a gun and that's when the black guy ran off and got away. Black Lives Matter after all, so the thief took off. These black guys really do depend on hoodies and baseball caps along with the black faces to make identification difficult. Knowing that, the thieves are getting bolder here.

Medium tint

Fucking niggers.

>have 5% on all back windows
>never keep anything of value back there anyways

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15464293

>What's your thought Veeky Forums?

Before picking the darkest tint I could legally have, I first made sure that the car would be legal in any future state I moved to as well as my current state. So that meant picking 35% as the maximum tint for all side and rear windshield windows.

That was my version of "Future Proofing".

Light all around.
My Audi was blacked out with a super dark tint, hard to see out at night. Rainy nights were borderline dangerous. Ended up selling and every time I see it around town I cringe. Dark tint screams rice, cop, or dealer.

>bullshit
My best friend actually got his driver's window almost broken into but because he had a good tint that was properly applied, it took 3 solid hits before they were able to make the shards fall off which was just enough time for a cop to get there on time.

>flashlights
>more like screaming "HEY I AM PLANNING ON SNOOPING ON THIS CAR BY THE WAY LOOK AT ME GUISE"

Semi-this.

Don't plan on leaving NC anytime soon, so I actually just tinted my windows 2 days ago at the NC legal limit, 35%.

No tint on the front windshield because NC a stupid.

Tint mainly for privacy. My tint guy always tries to sell me on his doubles expensive ceramic tint to block heat, but I pass. I tint mainly because I don't want granny in the Town & Country in the right lane seeing me jack my dick on the way home.

>masturbating publicly while driving

Anyone form Houston know any good tint shops ?

There are three major types of tints: dye, metallic, and ceramic. The dye ones are most affordable but have the greatest chance of turning purple. But why is purple so bad? It still works even if purple (ha ha). Then there are the metallic tints which use a combination of vacuum deposited metal vapor and more expensive dyes. Llumar dominates the metallic film field with its reasonable price/performance and minimal purpling after 10 years. What does happen is that Llumar can fade a little bit instead of turning purple. That's what happened in one of my older cars, but that was done a long time ago. Llumar should have changed dye formulas by now.

The main difference between the quality metallic and ceramic tints is that the metallic tints slightly block cellphone reception and transmission. But since you aren't supposed to be using a phone while driving, that's a moot point. However, some people who are poor reception (and no tint) right now should keep that reception in mind. If they go metallic, they might lose a half-bar to a bar. As to that half-bar / bar value, again, that varies according to phone brands and towers, so there is no standard. Some phones might vary minimum reception power based upon signals they receive so the metallic might not affect you at all other than slightly increased battery usage.

Tint unless the car comes with preinstalled excellent quality tint.

Just don't black out your fucking car.

Tint...

The 370Z has 20% on the back and sides, Visibility at night have not had an issue at all.

Bought the 328I with 5% on the back windows and it was impossible to see out of at night, It has 35% on the back and sides now and I think I like it more than the 20%. You can see it's tinted but only slightly and they both work great in helping cool the interior. Before re-tinting the BMW I could just feel the heat radiating from the front side windows.

Probably going to be trading in the 370Z for a silver 2017 Mustang in the next few months and I intend on doing 35% on the back and sides like the BMW but also 70% on the windshield to help give that little bit more sun blockage.

70% is super light, a friend has it on his mustang's windshield and it doesn't affect visibility at all if any. The only downside is you can see the rainbow affect with polarized sun glasses on.

tint is arab-tier

>drives a shitbox and can't afford tint

Tint from B-pillar to the back.Darkness of tint in proportion to your skin darkness.

3M made a "Crystal" tint that could go on a front windshield. It supposedly has reduced the problems with spatial clarity that tints cause. It cuts heat transmission and ultraviolet and and can be gotten in various tints and in what is "no tint" clear. It's too bad my state prohibits coating products on the front windshield more than six inches from the top.

35% is the darkest legal in my state, and it doesn't hurt night time driving too much, If you live close to the equator though where the sun can be really brutal 5% could be a good Idea on the rear windows, but I wouldn't put it on the fronts since it gets dangerous at night

35% front, 16% backs. Strictly illegal but I have a panoramic sunroof with a sunshade cover that lets light through so it lightens up the interior a bit. When it's overcast though it looks almost limo.

>Never removed tint, dont want assholes looking into my back seats to pawn my shit for drug money.
Sometimes, the criminals just don't care and break as many as 30 windows in a row in a neighborhood looking thru glove boxes in case there is a spare key or garage door opener in there that lets them into the house some other day when the owner is not home.

A garage door opener is a house key of sorts too.

Just got a truck with a tinted rear window it is much cooler

Murk that shit then get a doctor's note. I've had good luck with that.
Limo Tint Master Race.

Shitboxes need tint more than any other car. I drive a 90 Corolla sometimes and it's a reasonable shitbox-runs great, all body damage fixed and patched, steelies, and black plasti-dip with illegal tint. Never get bothered. The odometer stopped working at 307 thousand miles. Love that car. Will wipe any 90 Sentra off the map tell you what.

light tint is a must for long highway trips