What does Veeky Forums think of muscle car wars? Is it pointless and a waste of time?

What does Veeky Forums think of muscle car wars? Is it pointless and a waste of time?

Other urls found in this thread:

tflcar.com/2016/08/mustang-still-tops-in-muscle-car-sales-camaro-drops-to-third-sales-report/
webmshare.com/play/4RGem
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_car?wprov=sfla1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Compare how much the Camaro and Mustang have improved in the last 2 decades to how much other sports cars have. They used to be slow, archaic lolcantturns, now they are legit track weapons with more performance-per-dollar than anything else being made right now.

Competition is good. I wish they competed for weight reduction and visibility though, jesus christ.

>Legit track weapons

Seriously tho, when ever I see modern American muscle cars , all that comes to mind is oversized hot wheels.

This is going to sound immature and petty but after watching few vids online (as well as in person experiences) I'm always disappointed by modern muscle cars.

I've been in and around classic muscle cars before and they ALWAYS let you know they are dinosaurs in the best sense of the word. Even idling they seem ready to bite your head off and tear down the road.

Modern muscle is.. anemic. Yeah the numbers don't lie, they are actual competitors on tracks. But I've never wanted a muscle car because of its performance, not beyond stoplight racing anyways. I want one for the sound and the feeling you get when your behind the wheel of one. I want something visually striking that doesnt just say "hey look, a nice car..". No fuck that, when I step on the gas I want it to roar and every modern muscle car I see just sounds like any other modern car.

tl:dr muscle cars are made to perform and not made to impress and I am a sad boy because of it.

Veeky Forums is not your blog

Fuck off

And thats a bad thing? How wheels are fucking awesome and probably helped kick start most people's interest in cars, its and awesome feeling knowing i can go buy something that looks like a toy i had as a kid and have just as much with now im an adult. Stop being captain no fun and go kill yourself

Make me

Be nice.

Fuck you

fite me you wack ass little cumhole

Nice projection. Stay BTFO

OP here, stop being butt fucking retards.

>Buy something that looks like a toy

Okie dokie smokey

Die

Live

Die

Live

Die

Thread had potential, now it is kill. It was worth a shot OP.

Die

All because autismo anons

Gotta love Veeky Forums

Talk about a derail.

This is now a Hot Wheels thread.

>gm

Thread change accepted

-OP

>Ford

BEAT THAT!

I think the "muscle car wars" are kind of stupid given how far apart the cars have drifted.

The Challenger is pretty meh, aside from the Hellcat, which is mostly about huge power numbers.

The Camaro is the same story, but instead of power numbers they've made a hardcore track weapon.

The Mustang has moved away from its muscle car roots and is much more of a poor man's M3 now, or an M3-slayer in GT350 form.

My friend recently traded his F80 M3 daily in on a GT350 and is absolutely head over heels in love with the thing, both as a street car and as a track machine. (It's been to Willow Springs, Buttonwillow, and Laguna Seca in the last few months.) He's a guy who knows his shit, too - he's an accomplished NASA/SCCA racer, runs a shop that specializes in track/race car builds and setup, and also owns a 550HP stroker E92 race car and a 991 GT3.

>My friend recently traded his F80 M3 daily in on a GT350 and is absolutely head over heels in love with the thing, both as a street car and as a track machine.
Well wait until he gets his hands on a 6th gen ZL1/Z28. The 6th gen Camaros have dropped a lot of weight while the Mustangs have put it on.

He tried one, and looked at a Z06 as well. He was impressed with them on the track, but didn't like them as road cars.

Not to meantion it has 640hp and is supercharged, and as you said it's dropped a lot of weight

>waste of time
Since when is fun a waste of time? You look forward to your days off from work even though it's a waste of time. And the guys creating these cars are creating fun.

Anyway, the three cars could t be more different

>Mustang
Dedicated BMW slayer

>Camaro
Track car in mortal form

>Challenger
Coolest car on 4 wheels and drops panties like a fat kid eats cake

An old man's panties maybe

Only boomers like them

Nah, young poor people are crazy for them as well.

I think it's pointless. The name alone is enough to mean tons of sales to retards and they're plenty powerful. what they should do for the next gen is carry over the current engines and use the saved cash to build a proper modern sports car. Light weight materials, r&d into chassis, meticulously tuned suspension and steering. Do all the things that make a modern drivers car and/or track weapon. No more straddling the lines between sport and muscle.

>He tried one
He tried cars that aren't out yet?

Oh, sorry, I don't know Camaros well and thought that was the current one, not the upcoming one. I guess the one he's driven was a 5th gen. (He's an instructor with one of the local trackday orgs, so he's driven pretty much every sporty car out there.)

I enjoy them. I've always been partial to mustangs over camaros (outside of the 2nd gen camaro). Competition breeds innovation and all that. I really like the new 2016 Camaro but hate the 2016 mustang, vice versa for pre 2016.

Pic related, its my car.

>t. boomer

>when I step on the gas I want it to roar and every modern muscle car I see just sounds like any other modern car
I thought you cunts were all about that to begin with.

Pic related. "Maloo" means thunder in some shitty Abo dialect and the E Series model lives up to the name even idling. When one takes off it shakes everything around it.

>its a muscle car if its american and has a vee ate

Ford(™) is winning and GM (trash) is in Last place (obviously)
tflcar.com/2016/08/mustang-still-tops-in-muscle-car-sales-camaro-drops-to-third-sales-report/

>Camaro
> weapon

yeah, a battering ram

webmshare.com/play/4RGem

k

>muscle car wars

There's not enough competition. I wish Japanese and European companies made muscle cars at the same price range as the Mustang.

The idea of a mucle car is American, if Japan made them they wouldn't be the same feeling. Inb4 they'd actually work

Looks like a tradie is late to the job site.

Probably unpopular opinion but I think the S550/GT350 are the best looking Mustangs to date

top kek, i like you already

Stick around and shitpost with me

Alfie?

I've been here for years, Juts got a new trip to trigger the GM cuck that decided to get one

I filter him anyway kek

you will never escape from this picture

Isn't that how they always drive?

>le unfunny forced meme

please stop, its not funny, itr forced and cringy

>alphy
Yes.

And who got a new trip?

THE GM fangirl, like, the most asshurt of all, his name is prez/o/

its funny because you can tell exactly in which threads he gest triggered kek

Just a quick FYI, performance impresses people.
Also
>not knowing about emissions laws

Yes, because they're always late to the job site.

Oh! You mean that guy who ALWAYS gets triggered by the GTR being faster? lmao

What do you drive so I can find a toy of it.
Don't worry, they have toy school busses too.

>make effort to upset tripfag
>can't see his response anyway
Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Some days I wonder what life as a tradie would be like. Get paid a decent amount to stand about on smoko, tell the boss to get fucked cus' unions, and have a sick ass ute.

Wouldn't be a bad life, would it?

yes

no
I know what he replies with, I know he is crying about how much better the GTR is, so no reason to see his posts

That was more or less the criteria no?

I think of the E92 M3 as being sort of a European take on a muscle car.

It meets the basic formula, big RWD coupe with a V8, but BMW-izes it with RPM instead of displacement and fancy suspension geometry.

I have a few friends who are tradies and this is pretty much how they say their lives are.

>rock up to job site an hour late
>smoko for half the day
>leave an hour early
>charge a premium for their "work"

Competition leads to better cars

>le contrarian "this isn't funny" fedoraposter

>japanese and european muscle cars
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_car?wprov=sfla1

The Supra was probably as close as you'll get to a Japanese muscle car.

Pretty sure it could go around a corner without crashing m8

you and your shiutty memes are trash

I want to like the Chevy but it's so damn ugly. Plus don't they put plastic drop links on it? Or is it just the V6's.

Love it. Let them compete forever.

The more people that buy muscle cars, the cheaper the pickings will be in a few years when it comes time for another motor swap.

$500 ls9 swaps when?

In picture camaro look OK but it's only in real life that you realize how ugly they are.

I would love to have a muscle car. Unfortunately the quality is shit. I hate being forced to buy Japanese or German for a quality car.

Welcome to modern OEM exhausts dipshit. Spend the money and get a nice exhaust.