USDM Sciroccos. Rare or non existent?

How hard is this gonna be to get running? Ran when parked with 0 issues. Im gonna buy a tune up kit, new filters, drop tank and use fresh 89 octane gas. I got for a reasonable price ($400), been wanting a crx but this was cheaper. Did i goof or strike midwest bible belt tuner gold? (Illinois kentucky border)

I mainly bought because this thing has virtually no rust and a body so straight a EF civic sedan would envy. Paints just peeling.

>ran when parked

Oh boy op have fun

Protip no one parks a good running car for no reason

Im not a idiot. I dont believe them. But sounded healthy considering its spent a good 10 years sitting. Hooked up a battery spun over fine.

This board moves too quick. Someone help VWnoob.

Any Sciroccos in Veeky Forums?

My brother in law has one, unsure of the year. Doesn't run. Sits in the garage next to the corrado, that yes, doesn't run.

Nice to see another rocco owner on Veeky Forums. I would definitely go buy a bentley manual and also join the forums at vwvortex. Between the two you should be able to fix any issues you encounter.

Pic related, my 88' 16v

That's a pretty fucking clean Scirocco man

I want pics of the pink car

Thanks. As clean as it looks I still have a list a mile long of things I need to get done to it.

I'm the opposite, my Miata cosmetically looks like shit, but I'm mechanically sound for at least another 20k miles, excluding freak things.
gl m8

It's just an s10 with an Xtreme bumper and z28 wheels, poor thing.

You can find shells not that hard there are 3 near me. They aren't worth it.
Friend got one its the worst thing to work on in the whole world plus it was the even more rare 88 automatic transmission one. I now have fear of opening engine's.
Engine and body are trash. Transmission is ok.

That body is as clean as my friends. Dont use the stock engine it will kill its self early no matter how much you put into it.

cute S10 you fucking fag

those wheels man

Honestly, if there is no rust, the rocker panels are good, then the only issues you'll have is electrical grounding. Possible rear hatch seals.

Mechanically it's a very easy engine to work on.

sell it to me bro, it's too much work for you

Meh, it's still not a 16 valve.

>Easy to work on
As someone who has worked on one your full of shit.

Those things are fucking gross with an anemic engine with a shitty mechanical bosch fuel system. Find a donor 1.8t car for a kickass swap.

Compared to working on my Porsche, it's easier. Compared to a VW 144 it's complex as hell.

Compared to any car from the last 20 years- it's easy as heck.

>20years
Hondas ive worked on are relatively easy, as well as some early 2000s gms. Your bullshiting m8.
Have you only worked on euro trash or something?

Aye~ I'll stuff you up m8