Best car to drive fast but go under the radar

I've been looking to buy a car that I can drive pretty aggressively without standing out too much to the police. I know Camaro's and Challengers are cop magnets so I was thinking about going with something modern and less powerful that I can use and abuse. DO you have any modern cars that that have surprisingly good power that I can fly under the radar with?

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/reviews/2011-ford-mustang-gt-50-short-take-road-test
caranddriver.com/reviews/2011-bmw-335i-coupe-review
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

golf r
mazdaspeed 6 and some mods (but maybe youll like the mazdaspeed 3 because shorter wheelbase)
volvo 850r
just buy an explicitly fast car and a radar detector god dammit

I almost t-boned a cop last night doing 30 over in a 35 when he tried to run a red without flashing his lights.
He let me go away.
Ecoboost fusion.

>explicitly fast car

any recommendations? Budget around $16-$18K cash. Are the new Stangs any good?

>Golf R
No. Everybody who drives a VW drives like a cunt. They are the BMWs of poor people who aren't trying to show off their non-existent wealth. Hot hatches like that are definitely a cop magnet. I see tons of Audis pulled over all day too.

The Volvo isn't a bad choice.

Taurus SHO is a great one.

Only the 850R would be under the table, the others are known

Just build a sleeper OP

>Just build a sleeper OP
I'm not super knowledgeable about building cars or else I would. I'm an IT guy, my knowledge lies with servers and networking, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy driving the shit out of cars

I feel ya, honestly not too many cars that come out of the factory can be called sleepers, old Taurus SHOs like mentioned earlier are good, but you'd be better off researching sleepers like say a 95 Corolla with a a 3SGTE swap

ok well current budget can get you a fairly new SHO
turbocharged AWD makes for a fun sedan
but go and buy a previous gen 5.0 and get some bolt ons
same for previous gen camaro SS
you could also consider a corvette (anywhere from c4-c6 and plenty of high performance trims you can buy for each gen, i.e c4 zr1)
you could also consider buying an evo or a wrx sti
or - if you are willing - a 3000GT VR4
all of these can be modded and have considerable gains within your budget range except for the VR4 but it is twin turbo AWD stock

how much are you willing to spend? an e92 m3 will outpull pretty much any camaro or challenger, and it's quite stealthy

I'm an IT guy too... Fastest you'll go for $1500 in pic. Related, it's mine and I've blown by cops doing 15 over or more without them flinching

Mazda builds great cars, OP. Go test drive a used 3 or 6. They're great and stable on the highway, handle fantastically, have responsive steering and engines, and their manual transmissions are a delight to drive.

source: I own a 2014 Mazda 3 w/manual as a DD

thank you so much for the research man

I was willing to pay $18K cash maximum

I have a chrysler 200S 3.6 v6, it has balls and looks like its shitbox 2.0 i4 counterpart

I was thinking about the 2014 Mazda 6 but it's front wheel drive and not enough horses. 184hp is alright for DD but not sure how many mod I can make to the Skyactive engine

don't fall into the meme everybody here spouts about "can be modded"

if you've never turned a wrench, don't even think you're going to successfully modify your DD. Most of these idiots who talk about modding their cars haven't even changed their own fucking spark plugs

t. Shill

Read the op carefully you fucking muslim

absolute garbage cars. a sebring with Fiat parts on it? take it to the crusher straight off the factory line

fanboy, not a shill

Why anyone would want gayzda is beyond me

Oh pic related

unless you plan on
-drifting
-doing burnouts
-offroading
-going to the track

you'll never know the difference between FWD AWD or RWD. Don't fall into the "RWD is required for muh DD hurr durr" bullshit on this site, it's retarded

how about a GTO?

when is the last time you saw a GTO for sale in any kind of decent shape?

meh not really partial to it. I wish the 2014 Chevy SS was cheaper. It's what I was looking for. Might settle for a 2014 Chevy Camaro LT1 or the Mazda 6. The 2013 SHO is still a ton of money

My job is to look for cars the dealership would like at auctions. I'm not that guy but let me tell you - they're easier to find in good condition than bad.

best advice is to get off this site and go online car shopping, find a few you like, test drive them, sleep on it, and make your decision based on how YOU liked the car. Veeky Forums is literally the worst place to ask for car advice, because the people on this board have never driven anything other than their own shitboxes

You're pretty retarded for an IT guy.

The 5.0 stangs are amazing. You should be able to find a 2013 GT in your budget.
The v6 is slow as always.

Any V6 mid-sized sedan, the newer ones make close to 300bhp these days and are seen as appliances

>supercharged Accord
All of my yes

Mazda Speed6 would be the only good one but that is ded. Mazda Speed3 is just another hot hatch cop magnet like the Golf and Focus.

You need a sedan like the Taurus SHO, Chebby SS, or maybe the Ecoboost Fusion. A BMW 550i or something would be awesome but BMWs don't exactly repel cops.

I hate GM but it's times like these I wish Pontiac was still around.

put like 10k down on a mustang gt and finance the rest

you'll be raped everytime something breaks, those cars are impossible to maintain and not go broke unless you work on your own cars

get a turbo Legacy or Outback. invisible and plenty fast

that's what I might do. Battle might be between Camaro SS and Mustang GT. Guess I'll just have to get police scanner

one has windows, the other doesn't. the choice should be obvious.

people complain about visibility issues. Is that a manlet complaint?

the seat height is probably adjustable so it's probably not related to height. the windows are small no matter who's driving.

This is the last gen. The windows have only gotten smaller.

I know but fucking 2016 Camaro SS looks fucking tough

It looks just as ugly as the rest.

nah. just looks fat.

So should I just get the 2015 Stang GT?

1 more gen and that grill will close up completely.

Easy. V6 Camry

Just use your mirrors and get those small circular stick-on mirrors and look around. Muricarts can't even turn their head more than a centimetre each way otherwise there wouldn't be any talk of this visibility bs.

New v6 accord coupe

seconding v6 accord

335i, looks like every other BMW on the road but is faster in a straight line than the equivalent year Mustang GTs

Agreed. Friend of mine has one. Local exotic shop custom tuned it and gained 80hp. It has around 380hp and can beat up on most cars on the road.

complete cop magnets

these guys have the right idea

Torque steer is real on FWD tho. Even on a daily if you decide you wanna drive it fast or just accelerate onto a highway

>faster than equivalent year Mustang GTs
>lol no
caranddriver.com/reviews/2011-ford-mustang-gt-50-short-take-road-test
caranddriver.com/reviews/2011-bmw-335i-coupe-review
nice try senpai

4thing this. I'm in a (similar) category with a 2013 V6 Camry I actually got for $18K a few months ago with 30K miles on it, I'd imagine you could get a similar caliber Accord with a manual at the same price range.

>V6 is slow
Not as fast as a GT but come on now.
Is 5.5 0 to 60 and high 13s at quarter mile considered slow now?

It's barely faster than my 1999 Buick Regal gs, so yes. It's slow.

Beige late 90's Camry

Chevy SS

>BMWs of poor people
BMW's are already for poor people... cars ranging from 20-120k for a fucking loaded 7 series ... base model 911 with maybe an option or two out the door is the same price as a fucking loaded 7 series. . most bimmers you see are 3's that cost around 40k.. the m4 is a trash car that my fucking girlfriend's hairdresser step mother drives. Then there are the older bimmers like the 8's, e30-e92m3s , e28-e39 m5's that real car guys buy and drive the shit out of... I honestly don't even understand the logic of someone who would buy a modern 5 6 or 7 series over the e class c class coupe or the s class. but hey to each their own.

>literally 2 tons
>anemic ameritrash v6
yeah bro, the v8 is a waste of money, i mean, who actually wants power and torque? i personally am a big fan of gutless shitbox """"muscle"""" cars

>who actually wants power and torque?
muh tarbo deezel eurotrash

The S class offers pretty much nothing over the 550 or the 750. The C class offers nothing over a loaded 3 series. Other than a price increase and subjective looks.

That's why people buy them. That's why people have always bought them. That's been their business model since the 60's. They've gotten away from it, but up to and including the e46 the strategy was to always offer cheaper more driver oriented cars than Mercedes, specifically.

Yyeeaaahhh, except the fact that Benzes don't literally fall apart for 20 years as opposed to ShitMW which falls apart in 5 years/90k miles

>5.5 is barelly faster than 8 seconds 0 to 60.

Should've gone for the GNX version.

>Gutless.
Same power as a previous generation GT.
Also yeah, they are pretty inexpensive and easy to mod, you can put a tarbo in it and make it faster than a gt for cheap while still being lighter.

Right, so you're 15 thanks for clarifying.

Right, so you're a fanbitch with no real world experience with either, thanks for clarifying

Can confirm, Buick sedans are virtually invisible to police. I have an older w-body and it's surprisingly agile. Not terribly quick with just a n/a 3100 though.

So much tech for a measly 184hp??
That sucks ass!!

>no real world experience
>my family has owned 4
>I own 2 currently

You're the fanbitch.. I mean you think a car being good or bad is a factor primarily of cost so it's no surprise, but I'm glad we've clarified that you're a fucking idiot.

> (You)
>>no real world experience
>>my family has owned 4
>>I own 2 currently
Sure, great, whatever, bread on hood
>You're the fanbitch.. I mean you think a car being good or bad is a factor primarily of cost
That's technically the main metric used to determine whether a car is good or not used by several publications as well as Automotive awards, how is it good if the total cost of ownership is much higher than it'd competitors? How do you get joy from driving it when it's in the shop/garage more often than on the road? Fuck off with your feeble minded bullshit, fucking idiot

>2015 V6 Mustang Torque: 280
>2011 Mustang GT Torque: 390
are you actually autistic?

>Previous gen is 2011
>Doesn't know about the previous gen 4.6 v8s.

We've been using 5.0s and 3.7s since 2011.

>2015 V6 Mustang Torque: 280
>2010 Mustang GT Torque (4.6L V8): 325
you're wrong in both cases. am i talking to a butthurt v6 kid who needs to justify his waste of 20 grand?

I'd rather have torque steer and have to hold the wheel firmly on launch than experience the "mustang leaving a car show" phenomena where they steer into wrong way traffic.

Silver Cobalt SS

Silver Mazdaspeed 6

Almost any sports sedan (335i/340i, S4, IS350, etc.) in black, white, or silver

.5 is barelly faster than 8 seconds 0 to 60.

>Should've gone for the GNX version.

8s to 60? It's not n/a, bro

The GNX Regal was fast as fuck, like 4.8 0 to 60 and low 13s at the quarter mile.

Also thats pretty cool man, a nice sleeper.

>Torque is everything.

Keep in mind thats a Perfomance Package V6 Mustang.

>Torque steer is real on FWD tho.
Not all FWD cars experience torque steer.

Pretty much only econoboxes do.

RWD Camry coupe

3800 owner here to say OP should do this

any time your car unexpectedly (or expectedly) slides, you know the difference.

at least it will not need sun visors
really I'm more concerned about the c pillar

No... Ecoboxes don't they don't put enough power down.

Only high horsepower fwd cars experince it.