>slower than a corolla
>buying a broken car
Wew

Exactly

preferably not electrical gremlin city either

fuck your shit

Are you sexually harassing me??

Jaaaaag

you cant beat an old XJ regardless of the myth Veeky Forums often tells of "dat Lucas electrics"

Is it really a myth tho famo

muh vee twelve

A clean e36 or 46 is perfectly fine. post-03 if you go e46 to avoid subframe issues.

You could probably get a mediocre 89+ 300zx for 6k if you don't mind a fixer uper. It's a really fun car but that engine bay is packed so be ready for some difficult repairs.

i just spunked

>spoonfeed me
Slurp draino newfag scum

I guess bmw is the most obvious solution... I really wanted something jap though

Not even OP. Been here years. The sticky is useless

Are those red cones over the air filters Fucking vuvuzelas?

I did consider that honestly but parts for z31 are rare near me and later 300zx carry the rice tax because every poo in the loo wants one to rice (toronto)

Old Celica or Corolla, Supra, MR2, Lexus IS?

Supra has rice tax , hard to find rwd cor/cel but keeping an eye out. Gonna see the lexus, didnt thin of that.

Also mr2 will disintegrate in roadsalt season

>living anywhere near snow
beggars cant be choosers

They appear to be plastic flower pots with the bottoms cut off, where they are now duct taped to a bit of dryer vent ducting.

Do you even cold air intake?

They're enclosed heat shields that you let you treat the filter as inline and not exposed.

Trufam.. MR2 is a last resort I guess.

Do 3rg gen Supras also have rice tax? I thought that was mainly the 4th gen.

Also obligatory S13/240SX.

Anywhere near a town with a large brown population will have it. Only fair priced ones near me are automatics or complete trash

e36s are actually pretty good about gremlins, i wouldn't hesitate to pick one up if i was interested

Te30.

Get a 240sx or a volvo 240 or a diesel merceces. Get manual of course and those car last a lifetime no joke. You really should do some research for yourself. I was just like you when i got into cars and just wanted everyone to spoon feed me but it is really all about personal preference. Fuck whoever doesnt like your car, its about how you feel about it and what you want it to do.

Manual IS are rare as fuck.

These are great suggestions. An old pre-Chrysler Merc or a Volvo 240/740/940 will not die on you.

I agree with you guys I already ahve a list myself but wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything, post purchase realization is a bitch.

That said i love the 240, but is the 740/940 same engine/reliability?

The 740 just added some tech, as did the 940. They can all take a serious beating.

As much as I have an s13 and love it, I disagree with it being included in this statement. 240sxs are fairly shitty. The ka24 is a solid engine, and the Trans is decent. The rest, not so much. I had to put 5k in the chassis to make it handle solid, and then blew the engine at 190k (my own doing). Replace all rubber. Notorious for vacuum leaks and timing chain Rattle (chain eats through guide, and eats in to timing cover).

Not really, it's only useless if you're genuinely not interested in finding your own car.
Sticky gives you a good idea of what to look for, it's up to your faggot ass to find it.

In addition the 240sx is absolutely impossible to find. They have ALL been canibalized by the browntown ricers, I have seen just one relatively clean example but that had high miles.

Ill make a new one and show you

if you actually do I'll love you forever

>the myth Veeky Forums often tells of "dat Lucas electrics"
Veeky Forums wasn't the place to make that up dumbass

>I'll make one tailored to my local area and show you
Ftfy.
Go ahead tho, I don't mind. The sticky isn't meant to be 100% or taken as such, it's meant to be a guideline.

>I'll make one tailored to my local area and show you
No. Jesus, why do people assume the worst

Some old Vulva, or Mercedes (w123, or 124)

Because when I was looking for my car I said and did the exact same thing?

Just get a shitty 3 series if you only have 6k to spend, or a used early 00 lexus

Well thats dumb for a global sticky

>global
>intended for North American users

Thats part of the problem idiot

Would you recommend picking up this s13 or not?
sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/5763508424.html

It's a base model with A/C. I went to look at it yesterday and the interior's kinda beat up. Driver's seat has a big tear on the side bolster, radio's missing, dash is cracked. Timing chain rattles and there's a bit of a metallic rattle around 3k RPM. It's still on the original clutch which is pretty sloppy but driveable, and the original suspension as well.

On the other hand, it only has a single owner and was kept all stock except the radio. It seemed to run OK and didn't have any major issues with the body, rust, or immediately obvious mechanical issues.

The owner said he would take $3750 for it which I think is still overpriced considering the repairs it will need but it's also very rare to see a 240sx that hasn't been abused.

No

>interior's kinda beat up
>Driver's seat has a big tear on the side bolster
> radio's missing
>dash is cracked
>Timing chain rattles
>metallic rattle
>original clutch which is pretty sloppy

>HASN'T BEEN ABUSED

kek
acomplete disregard for maintenance is abuse too

>Europoors getting mad
It's not like you guys can afford anything other than 3cyl diesel shitboxes anyway.

The 240 is that shit??

I think my friend is selling his for $4k. It's in similar condition only it has an sr20det

Im not even europoor.
But thanks for proving me right

no, that is some bullshit

They really are. And yes i had one. I can even prove that i had one.
I know at least 10 people with them
Also go take a read through the forums for further proof.
They are terrible cars

This, yurocucks have no place on this board

>Im not even europoor.
Sure you aren't
>But thanks for proving me right
...you weren't arguing anything

Of course they are shit.. It's a car from the early 70's.

Anyone who has ever owned a classic car knows they do not compare in any way to new cars. Not in reliability, not in comfort, and not in performance. That's not why people buy them.

I meant that it hasn't been drifted around and crashed like most S13s. I understand the timing chain rattle and cracked dash is very common with these cars. Radio was stolen. Not replacing the clutch is understandable since it was no longer his DD. The guy had most maintenance records.

>nissan 240sx
>car from the early 70's
we are talking about the 240sx not a datsun z

Okay? It's still 25 years old.

In my experience- the timing chain, leaky windows, gasket failure, floppy chassis, cracked dash, and stamped flexy arms are all true. Hell, I snapped two of my stock arms (control and leading), blew two HGs, my moonroof leaks, my dash is cracked (albeit one Crack), and my original timing cover has an 1/8" x 2" gash in it from the timing chain (180k mi). The rest is arguably poor ownership.

Dude we were talking about the volvo 240 whih someone suggested to me as part of original question

e30/e36 is best.

What wrong with the American cars on the sticky? And for 6k or less it's what's in the best condition, not necessarily whats the best.

Nothing really just want a jap car for that ultimate reliability.

Japanese cars take neglect a bit better but if you're even halfway decent with maintenance and American car is fine. I took a 26 year old, fairly neglected 5.0 Mustang across the country and back with a new set of tires and an oil change being the only preparations I made, and pretty much daily it when there's no snow on the ground or I'm not fixing it up a bit.

240sx duh

This plus honda and Toyota auto transmissions last as long as some American cars, like the cobalt for example. Maintenance is easier than anything European that isn't old volvo or a twingo.

SW20 or FC

Turbo mr2 isn't that much of a stretch for 6k