What is Veeky Forums's favorite obd2 reader?

What is Veeky Forums's favorite obd2 reader?

Other urls found in this thread:

fadvisor.net/blog/2015/02/inside-a-fake-elm-327/
totalcardiagnostics.com/elm327-bluetooth/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you're mom

>you're mom
Came her to post that

Bosch KTS, mighty useful with the schematics and all you get with Esitronic

>What is Veeky Forums's favorite obd2 reader?

Something that I can insert and pull out fast.
In.
out.

In.
out.

In.
out.

Your mom.

I've had some shitty experiences with ELM readers, have they gotten better?

What's Veeky Forumss favorite OBD1 reader? I use a ouija board

I use my ham radio and smoke signals

>you're mom
>Came her to post that
I came too.

>Bosch KTS, mighty useful with the schematics and all you get with Esitronic
ELM327 seems popular. Lots of varieties of the EL327 model. I also hear that a lot of the new short blue elm 327 v2.1s are bogus and are actually v1.3 but chinese sellers claim anything. So old v1.1 are claimed to be v1.3 and v1.3 are claimed to be v2.1 models on ebay.

Article: Inside a Fake ELM327 OBD2 reader
fadvisor.net/blog/2015/02/inside-a-fake-elm-327/

Oh, can't forget

Your Mom

Fuck OBD readers, fuck them all to hell.

beat me to it

>I've had some shitty experiences with ELM readers, have they gotten better?

There's lots of counterfeits out there. Why pay patent or royalties? Even the same seller might have good batches one time, and bad batches the next so it is hard to depend on any testimonials. AFAIK you won't get a """real""" elm327 reader unless you're spending $80+. But there is a fake clone seller that tests the fake ELM327 they get and then resell them as low as $37 each for a reader from a reasonable source. It's still not a true trademarked ELM327 but a tested clone chip that didn't pay any licensing or patent fees.

totalcardiagnostics.com/elm327-bluetooth/

If Chinese sellers could repackage
Your Mom
and sell it, they would.

Good to know, how close to live data is the Bluetooth versions? I enjoyed using a wired scanner to diagnose issues on the fly

Lol'd

Launch x431 Pad II

A little buggy sometimes, but extremely capable and pretty inexpensive

>lick fingers
>touch one finger to negative battery post
>touch other finger to diagnostic connector buried under dash
>cycle ignition key 18 times with third hand
>count number of times windshield wipers sweep

>pull out diagnostic parchment scroll from 1990s
>7 wipes from wipers means "unspecified pcm error"
>mfw

kekd

10/10

I use a resistor and a small LED and hook it up to the pins, it gives me the code in binary and I have to look up the sequence of 0's and 1's on a table to figure out what the code says.

lmao. Dat OBD0 lyfe

>7 short blinks and one long blink of the check engine light means your washer fluid is low
Gotta learn morse code to make sense of it all.

Nigga that's OBD I, not OBD II

Two bits of wire and a lightbulb so I can count the blinks.

Alternatively, on my old shitbox, I wired in a switch and used an unused bulb in the instrument cluster.

Anyone have any experience with obd2 to usb cables? I was thinking about getting one and using it with scanmaster elm.

They work well, can record live data and cam be put into larger laptop monitors

ELM 327

They can let you know when your manifold is in danger

Gotta know when those floorpans are gonna come off.

Can i use these with a laptop i program to specifically clear the cel automatically.

inb4 masking the problem my car has a transmission solenoid cel, the tranny shifts perfectly until the cel turns on and then the car just fucks itself

Exactry

I use one with VCDS-lite for my car, it works

That is masking the problem though desu senpai

>What is Veeky Forums's favorite obd2 reader?
Can those wireless bluetooth ones also reset the CEL and other indicators? Or does it have to be a wired link for me to command a reset?

>I've never owned anything made after 1992

early 90's Subaru are simple, connect the two plugs, turn ignition on, cel flashes.
>Long flashes equals lots of ten
>Short flashes are units of one

>Can those wireless bluetooth ones also reset the CEL and other indicators?
Yes

But other things for my car like the airbag light is a separate computer and needs to be turned off with a dealer tool, though they'll usually do it for free

Made a similar thread last week asking about various smartphone compatible dongles vs. plug in hand held tools like Scan Gauge.

Think I'm going to go the "buy right, spend once" train of thought and buy a Scantool MX. Got the option of Bluetooth and WiFi. Which one is gud?

>the tranny shifts perfectly until the cel turns on and then the car just fucks itself
The problem caused the light, not the other way around. Fix the problem you lazy mong

>check engine light comes on
>drop a gear and floor it
>goes away

that'll teach em