Oil

>2012 Kia Optima
>All maintence done on time with oil changes.
>117k miles because commuter
>oil change two weeks ago from quick oil change place in town
>engine stalls and ends up seizing on highway

What do I do Veeky Forums

Investigate, find evidence they fucked up and sue their ass because murrica.

>quick oil change place

you brought this upon yourself

>buying a 4 year old car with 100k+ miles
Hahahaha you got what you deserved faggot

they usually pay out, too. walmart replaced the engine in a fairly new rav4 when this happened to someone I know. halfway down the block before all the oil was gone. terrible

Bought it new, faggot

learn to read idiot. he probably bought it new.

Go and kill yourself, just like you killed all your "disposable" appliances.

Not true. I just fixed my 15 year old microwave for 100 bucks.

I gutted my old microwave for some components

Why? Isnt a new one around that much? Is this a badass built in the size of a minifridge?

A new one with the right features was around 160-180. There were only two choices with handles instead of buttons. I just think new appliances aren't as well built as old ones.

Is that your oil on the ground?

>oil change two weeks ago from quick oil change place in town
>engine stalls and ends up seizing on highway
Sounds like the quick oil change placed fucked up. Probably over tightened the plug stripping it out.

Yes

I didn't save my receipt but I hope that won't be an issue

>I didn't save my receipt but I hope that won't be an issue
good luck

>didn't save receipt

Good luck, dude. They'll act as if your car was never in their shop.

If you can, go in but don't mention the accident.
Just say you need a receipt because it's a work car. Push hard to get it and don't give up.

If you paid by card, there should be a record on your bank account that you were there.

This is why I do oil changes myself.

They put a little sticky on the windshield saying when you need to come back and what oil they used so there is at least that evidence.

Just sucks that this is a holiday weekend. I have my 2001 170k v6 mustang

Oil place probably didn't take the old gasket off the block when they were changing filters. Guy I work with did that to his pick up truck. Brand new 2015 Ford f-150.

Stop being lazy and going to shitty shops.

>What do I do Veeky Forums
Next time dont buy gook shit. It's really cheap for a reason...

>2001 170k v6 mustang
I'm sorry. Let me guess, you've had this conversation before:
>"is it a manual?"
>"no I use the techtonic shifting"

It's true, they're not.
Pic related

Hope you didn't get oil change at Monro Muffler. Those fuckers left the oil cap off and just sitting on top of engine. Lucky I checked it about a week later and it luckily just rested there. I know a woman whose drain plug they didn't tighten properly. Oil leaked out and engine seized. And watched them break 3 lug nuts in a row rotating tires. They apologized to customer like so what, fuck you. Didn't offer to fix it. They broke them. Amazing how shady some car repair places are.

Do yourself a favor and learn the two most basic things about cars:

1) How to change your oil.
2) Don't buy a fucking Kia.

These things may seem daunting at first but once you try either of them once you'll realize how much time, money and trouble you'll be saving yourself down the line.

>oil change from quick oil change place
kill yourself

It doesn't matter if he didn't say the receipt Jesus Christ you guys have never worked at a lube shop it doesn't matter if he doesn't have it . That shops oil filter is still on his car that's all the proof he fucking needs.

You have no case.

OP,

I worked as an ASM for Toyota for about 3 years so I had to deal with this sort of shit in a regular basis since some technicians just didn't give a flying fuck about thier job and left drain bolts loose, double gasketed filters, tore gaskets in canister type filters, cross threaded lug nuts, broke all sorts of shit etc.

So here's what u gotta do:

Get fucking IRATE. Pissed as a motherfucker. Call this shit Jiffylube or whatever the fuck it is and tell the manager that they fucked your car real bad and you know for a fact that it was them. Threaten to sue and tell them you will go on social media and spread the word if they dont make ammends.

So many people got away with all sorts of free shit from my general manager, even when it was obvious they were full of shit. People always use internet reviews as a definitive way to decide where they take their cars so you can do a lot of damage.

wat

It's a Kia, you should be glad to be rid of it.

>buying korean cars
>ever
literally why

>So many people got away with all sorts of free shit from my general manager, even when it was obvious they were full of shit. People always use internet reviews as a definitive way to decide where they take their cars so you can do a lot of damage.

My chevy stealership fights them by suing the negative reviewers when it can figure out their identities. Even if the reviewer is right, they never fight and take back their review. It costs too much to defend your free speech rights. Or the stealership makes the forum delete the review as there is no proof of allegations.

The stealership is in the wrong a number of times I am sure of it. They've tried to rip me off with excess fees or disqualify portions of new car warranty or even "refuse" to allow servicing by making it hard to get scheduled. They are busy with non-warranty work in all their bays, so warranty work gives them much lower profit since GM pays them a lot less. So they favor out of warranty work whenever they have a choice. They're not commissioned, but the service writers and mechanics obviously have some sort of performance bonuses going on. They are incentivized to work with the stealership.

>oil change two weeks ago
Tough luck pal. A lot can happen in two weeks. Why did you use a quick lube place?

You smoke Optimos not drive them

I think he meant the gasket on his old oil filter didn't come off with the old filter, so they installed a new oil filter with the new gasket, while the old gasket was still stuck onto the block. So it was engine block - Old oil filter gasket - New oil filter gasket - oil filter. Get me faggot?

You know what they say about Kia?

Kound
In
Aoad
Dead

A spin-on cannister oil filter uses a round oil gasket between the filter can and the engine housing. That stops the oil from leaking out. The tech may have been lazy and not bothered to scrape the old gasket off followed by wiping clean the gasket area of any debris. He could have simply spun the new filter can on without a new gasket, thus re-using the old smashed-flat gasket. Or he could have left the new gasket on the oil filter which means there are now two gaskets on top of of each other. That's way too much gasket and it's going to leak.

Some places can be afraid of leaks so they over-tighten the oil filter or oil plug, thus having a potential thread stripping. Fram has that dark friction coating on the top of their spin on oil filters. That was because they advertise their filters as being able to be tightened by hand. Thus they gave you that textured grippy surface so you could remove the filter or install it by hand.

It's cheap because it's not a brand that spent billions on mememarketing to retards like you who automatically think expensive = reliable thanks to that marketing

Kia Optima costs as much as a Honda Accord.

>spun the new filter on without a new gasket
What are you talking about all spin ons already have a gasket attached to it. You don't need to scrape off or put anything new on it. The only time you need to scrape anything off is when you take off the old oil filter and the old gasket is stuck on the filter thread neck. That's the only time and that rarely happens

Also cheap because interior is all depressing plastic factory. OP is lucky to get out of that shitty gook car.

>quick oil change

HAHAHAHA you used jiffy lube didnt you

JiffyLube is overly expensive for what they do. In my area, after taxes and various fees, a full synthetic oil change is about $104. That is absurdly expensive especially since their chain is owned by an oil company so they of course get oil products from that owner.

> it's not a brand that spent billions on mememarketing
I can't do anything without a Kia commercial in my face. You're not fooling anyone. They can pay you, right?

But in reality if all Kia/Hyundai spends billions on is actually mememarketing to retards, where are they saving their money? Engineering R&D? Materials? South Korean trade agreements with North America?

The retard means Oring

Mah nigga. I fixed mine about 5 yrs ago. New magnatron for about $70. Its and over the range model so those fuckers are like $300

Fucking guy I know took his 15 Camaro SS to jiffy lube for oil change.
Trans started slipping, took it to the dealer.
Dealer's like "you're about 5 quarts low on transmission fluid."
3 grand later and he's still having problems.

Idk y people hate on it. I drive manual but i would be fine with driving auto too. Its just a transmission and automatics now are faster. Still love my 3rd pedal tho.

>GM product
>not having problems

Pick one.

Buy a civic

That wasn't anything jiffy lube did. Transmission pans are a pain to take off and that would have been 5 quarts of oil everywhere.

I gauran-fucking-tee they forgot to put the oil back in. I've seen it happen many times before. Never ever go those quick lube places.

>Shitty gook car
>caring about it