Boxer engines. Love or hate?

thoughts on boxer engines ?

pancakes are for eating. Not driving
boxers dont do anything better than any inline engine could do.

they're just smoother

I don't like the boxer sound. It's the reason why I probably wouldn't buy a Porsche even if I had the money. I love every aspect about them except for the sound.

And a rotary is even smother than a boxer.
>ride it buddies forester
>vibrates the same as my mazda3
wew

Good way of shoving more cylinders into less block length and lowering CoG, but they are wide as shit and have their own intrinsic little things that are questionable. Also post a picture of an engine and not a plastic cover.

yeah, I didn't say they are the smoothest engine ever, just better than inlines.

Also Mazdas are rare, especially in Europe, especially in Italy. Much easier to find a boxer.

shitty meme engine

The actual sound they make isn't different, if you're referring to subaru burble that comes from using an unequal length header setup that puts all 4 headers into a single exhaust pipe very early on, which was done for clearance issues in rally cars IIRC. This is an aftermarket UEL setup for a GT86.

god damnit

Why don't we have larger boxer engines? If you are willing to deal with an H6, why not 8?

Both are meme motors in my opinion.

Shit ground clearance.

I'm no expert but I assume there's balance issues or something. Also with the plethora of V8s that exist chances are it's not worth bothering. Subaru did make boxer-12s for F1 or something like that but they weren't able to get them good enough and the whole program was deemed a disaster.

Imagine a modern version, mid mounted in a carbon tub supercar. Give it AWD and fat tires, and the thing will stick for days in a corner

*engine. Engine != motor

you misspelled "818 roadster"

boxers have less balancing issues than inline or V engines, since the pistons opposite one another balance each other out. It's the same for a 2 or an 8 cylinder.

Anyone know any problems with 6 cylinder engines in the gen 4 legacy

Porsche knows how to boxer.
Subaru is just pure shit.

They are good for what they are and give smooth power, every iteration they improve but take a step to the left as well.
For example, the BRZ engine is 200hp at the crank but has high compression.
C'mon man you know you can't talk while driving a fiat.