Illegal in the USA

Post cars that are illegal to drive on the road in the USA

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15508228#p15508228
youtube.com/watch?v=o6YVEkl5pbs&feature=player_detailpage#t=325
blog.dupontregistry.com/celebrity-cars/bill-gates-americas-richest-porsche-959/
autoweek.com/article/car-news/long-last-federalizing-porsche-959-has-been-long-road-now-least-it-can-be-traversed
youtu.be/32u6KPTALxg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The road presence that these things have is fucking unreal.

>road presence

stfu meme lord

Hatches are banned because they bring AIDS rates up

Literally my dream car. Why aren't these legal in the US?

They don't sell them in the US, so you'd have to wait 25 years.

No market

Not selling them in the US doesn't make it illegal does it? What's the reason they're not sold? I doubt it's because of emission. Is it safety? Does not meet specs?

>post things that will never be seen in the EU

To import a car before 25 years of age you either have to get it passed under show and display with less than 500 made or submit at least 3 cars to crash testing and modify the cars to meet the exact same standards that the original manufacturer would be subject to if they wanted to sell the cars here. All of this must be done by a registered importer.

It's possible but basically not worth it.

Why is the RS6 so sought after? I think they're kinda pricy for what you get

I would pay the money for it in a 4 cylinder version.

Fucking LOOK at it dude.

AIDS rate are lower in yurop

it looks like every other audi's cars. German market is ridiculous

It looks the same as an A6, except larger wheels and slightly more aggresive aero. Maybe it has to do with seeing one in person.

either this, or an R34 or something like that

first 2 cars that came to mind

>Round generic thing you've seen a hundred times before if you've ever seen an audi before
>but in stationwagon form

I don't see what's so special to be honest.

they sold ST205 GT-four celicas in north America

That's because the gypsies purge them.

It really does. Was lucky to see one in person, and where the A6 looks kinda boring and generic, the RS6 looks menacing as hell. There's just something about it.

Agreed. Audi is a fucking joke in every sense of the word.

In America's hat maybe, not the USA

pic related

mine is illegal to OWN the usa but it has canadian plates so it gets a pass

>we're just visiting

>anything diesel from Toyota
Feels bad meng

illegal to own in the USA, still drove it down to the states earlier this year. considering the limo tint and the fact it looks like a drug dealer car surprised i never got searched at the border

partied hard at this gas station bar in Montana

>europe will never get this

Europe is so lucky.

Europe will never want it

>GM
>tri-spoke wheels
Sweden did it better.

you ever been to Amsterdam or Switzerland? they have that shit over there, saw a lifted Silverado with Monster stickers everywhere in Amsterdam

Europe's full of niggers, what are you talking about?

mostly sandniggers

So if I were able to buy 3 copies of the car to be crash tested by a registered importer that would allow me to import any car I want? (as long as it passed)

im Canadian and i barely know American laws, but im pretty sure in some states if you get the car dissasembled while its shipped and re-assemble it in the USA you can register it as a kit car

R34 GTR SKYLINE
I want one so bad, but the import ban plus the Fast n Furious fans will make the price way too high to justify it

Why do you want one so bad? Besides Gran Turismo and FnF

one of these

>all my keks

All of you have great taste, especially the 959 bro

Didn't Bill Gates lobby Congress to pass the "Show and Display" law, making any car with historical or technological value or with less than 500 made legal to drive on U.S. roads? Because I'm pretty sure he did

>trollface.jpg

>Post cars that are illegal to drive on the road in the USA

The chinese cars haven't made it thru testing successfully, so those are no go. Some problems with chinese cars were mentiond in the chinese car thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15508228#p15508228

>Didn't Bill Gates
Back in the 1990's, what happened was Gates had a car that was not legal. He tried various methods but the DOT wasn't intimidated by his richness. So Gates went to president Clinton and presumably made donations to the Clinton Foundation because that is what other corporations and rich people do when they want clinton favors. President Clinton signed a presidential order to the DOT and EPA and thus Gate's got his otherwise illegal car approved by presidential fiat.

And what about the show and Display law?

>land of the pickups
>can't even

A can't turn pos that runs 18 second quarter miles?

You could do that, but i believe it would still be illegal to drive until it turns 25
the laws are fucking dumb, I don't know why it's 25 years.

youtube.com/watch?v=o6YVEkl5pbs&feature=player_detailpage#t=325

Polaris RZR?

21st century Suzuki Samurai equivalent.

DELET THIS

You got it completely wrong. Bill Gates lobbied the shit out of Congress to get the Show and Display laws passed which conveniently meant that the car could be imported exempt from all emissions and safety testing as long as he drove it less than 2500 miles a year.

>mfw you can buy a RHD LS400 from Japan with less than 60,000 miles for dirt cheap.
>mfw it isn't street legal.

feels bad

They would have to be crash tested and modifications would have to be done if they didn't pass safety standards. After this you would have to also pass emissions testing. If your car is not OBD2 compliant it must be modified to be OBD2 compliant which involves a piggyback ECU and a whole bunch of extra sensors and other bullshit to get it working. If emissions are too high you have to modify the car until it isn't.

This is what Motorex did for the R33 Skyline.

That's not true at all. To import the car legally you would have to cut the frame in half to import as car parts. You cannot assemble it back into a complete car either, it would not be a kit car. Don't talk about American direct import laws if you don't actually know what you're talking about.

Most R34 and R33 GT-Rs are in the country illegally. Florida does not enforce federal laws and will register literally anything and never tests for emissions. That's the reason why you see so many in Florida. If you tried to register it in California it would either be forcibly exported or crushed.

Are you having a bad day? Or do you simply like to attack people?

I was not wrong. I never said Gates didn't lobby Congress. I said that Gates got Clinton to give him an exemption for his own vehicle. That part is correct.

You are too eager to attack people.

You can already buy 1991 Toyota Celsiors and import them. I've seen a number of them imported. Most people just don't give a shit about them.

blog.dupontregistry.com/celebrity-cars/bill-gates-americas-richest-porsche-959/

autoweek.com/article/car-news/long-last-federalizing-porsche-959-has-been-long-road-now-least-it-can-be-traversed

It's not a special exemption for him specifically. I cannot find any evidence of an executive order to allow Bill Gates' 959 into the country. It sat for years in Oakland's free trade zone.

They should make Subaru's WRX illegal in the states, it encourages children to vape.

You can thank king obongo for the vape shit.
>clove cigarettes outlawed because of taste that "encourages children to smoke"
>nicotine juice that tastes like watermelon is perfectly fine

you cant have one of these in the usa (its one of the 30 the usa cannot have) but if you live in canada you can however... no traction control, no ABS, if you crash and die it was all on you. horridly built but they make a noise no skyline can match

youtu.be/32u6KPTALxg

It will be legal in 2024.

Why do people not actually bother to read up on the import laws if they're interested in importing a car? You can Google literally all of the relevant laws, this is not being kept secret.

its barred because its a v8 awd wagon not sold in the usa.

I hate this fucking guy. He's the face of Reddit. Some goofy retard who cracks the most unfunny jokes and speaks entirely in one-liners.

But I would love me a Cerbera.

I feel like he has become one with the clickbait

Haha, I like you

No good news for USA

>unreal

You mean nonexistent. Nobody gives an ass about these here (Moscow)

See one of all those at least three times a day

just import an r32 faggit

dirt bike trailers with 340 kilowatts

The vintage american scene is pretty big in some nordic countries, like sweden or norway.

Don't ask how did they started fad, 'cause I don't have the slightest idea.

>no windshield

What planet are you from? I bet that gasser does less than 10 second quarters.

I doubt that probably closer to 11 or 12s at the fast end, but still generate pretty quick

American here, even I don't give a shit about gassers. What makes you think yurops will care?

>lifted Silverado in Amsterdam
How is that even possible? How is there room to drive that around there?

this. WHY?
give me one of these

R33s are import legal with out having to wait for 25 years.

Motorex fucked up importing Skylines under 25 years.

go to japan. buy one. ship it to Canada. sit it in a warehouse.

will only cost you your first born son. will be stolen and stripped for parts the first time you park it outside a secure garage.

you can work around that. Just put a G8's vin on it.

all i want is a small and efficient wagon

prius

>tfw no fake gook lincoln

>europe will never get this

VW Knows they wouldn't sell any because American pickup buyers think they need the ability to haul a 12,000lb trailer and put another truck in the bed.

We can have those. Just not road legal

I NEED IT