Just bought this for $100

New owner to 1987 Nissan 300zx
Billows smoke 99% positive it's the head gaskets could be the valve rings anyone do a rebuild or change head gaskets on this type of car opinions and or tips are helpful thanks
>Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

tallahassee.craigslist.org/cto/5768029012.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Assuming you are a Ford guy lol also GM sucks as goes for Chevy but I'm not hating

No one?

What do you want to know
You don't ever specify

>any tips
Ask for your $100 back

>tips are helpful thanks
Part it for a fat profit.

Actually got some more details from the guy tried changing his own oil added to much just drains a quart out ran it for twenty minutes smoke is now gone

Drained* found out this by another forum as a possibility of it happening

So is it still having any problems?

drop a fuckin rb in it guy

Catstang, don't give him ideas.

New acquisitions thread?

I picked up a 1980 Datsun 280ZX today as a project. 2 seater, 5 speed, 218,000 miles, 500 dollars towed home. Steel grey.

Plan on getting it running and driving over the course of a few months now that it's cooling down, and I needed a fun project because I'm bored to tears with the legendary reliability of the Sequoia

Pretty much how I bought this wasn't running when I got it he said it was billowing smoke got it as a project only issue is the interior but am ordering net interior right now

Not right now runs real smooth plenty of power might need to replace the engine mounts soon a couple look cracked other then that shits like a dream has 192 k on it

hell yeah this is my first Nissan and I've got a feeling I have scored due to non mechanically inclined people

So, the blue smoke is gone and it runs fine?
Shit, I've been looking around for a z31, I wish I could get a deal even close to that. Fucks around here are charging $1k plus for a damn shell.

Yeah I was shopping around saw this posted online and was like damn I'll give you a bill lol has a brand new paint job mostly just needs a tune up a little tinkering around but all in all I believe I lucked out

1000 for a Z31 shell? Fucking hell, my buddy got his old 1985 running and driving (sort of) for $300

Where the FUCK are you niggers finding these deals? Where am i supposed to be copping these fine looking 80's cars that "just le need an afternoon to be perfectly drivable?" for 300 dollary doos?

I want to live this meme bad. Real bad.

One day my engine bay will look like this

My interior is no where that pristine right now looks bad real bad cracked leather headliner is fucked and carpet in the trunk space is bad and my hydraulic for the hatch is fucked pretty sure I fix this could flip it for a great price

Drive through poor neighborhoods and scope shit out. I literally saw my 280ZX sitting in a yard and asked the people if it was for sale. Don't show up looking like you're gonna rob them either, wear decent clothes and be polite

Also this. My car needs a lot of TLC and was purchased knowing full well that it would take time, so don't turn your nose up at turning a wrench

VG30E rarely blow headgaskets, probably an oil consumption issue

It's fixed now had to much oil in it

Wonderful input lads

Contribute to actual discussion instead of feeding the trolls

What discussion exactly?

I had the factory head gasket let go after about 290,000 miles. That includes two years of religious auto crossing, constant road trips, and general dumbass driving (she was my first car, had her for over a decade now)

You have to leave your moms basement and venture out into the world. Also 80's cars are constantly breaking and having things wear out but it's piss easy to swap out engines or pretty much anything else on them.

omghi2catstang 8^)

Sfw board assbutt
Also nobody cares about your 300zx honestly dime a dozen

how to put the "dat" in "gibz me dat" with old Z cars

This

Parts for my S130 are stupid cheap, it's the actual reason I bought it instead of getting a Z31 or MK3

got this for $2000

cracked back window, chipped paint, no side mirrors, cracked bumper panel. I suppose for a hundred dollars its pretty good. Nothing that cant be fixed. would be nice to see the engine bay and interior. Be prepared to put in a good bit of cash and a lot of time to make it gud.

Wow thats awesome

Goddammit these threads always have either unbelievably lucky or stupid resolutions I don't believe any of them anymore. If this is the case, Jelly as fuck OP.

Will time stamp if new be lol

Going to go and take some pics in a sec

Not bad to do.
Before you do shit check the compression and check the oil.

t. proud nissan scum

Already checked the oil about to check compression today being that the gauges are a little messed up

There isn't a crack it's a decal the car came with lol

Bump

>Complete 240Z for $2,000
How.
$2,000 in Washington gets you this.

That's a hell of a swap, I bet you're looking forward to cutting and re-welding the firewall to fit that huge ass bell housing

>$2,000 in Washington gets you this.
Not true, that car has an engine.

Idk. the guy I got it from told me he was really happy to see a young guy interested in the car instead of an old dude who would baby it and not drive it.

He had it listed for 8K but told me I could have it for what I thought could afford. I asked if $2000 was okay and he agreed.

He invited me to come back after a couple weeks for some BBQ and to check if everything was still good with the car.

I'm from canada btw, The old guy drove the car up from California so it's a cali car with almost no rust.

You got a great deal there including delivery.

Keep that guy in your contact list, he sounds like a decent dude.

>mfw you prayed to the Z gods and they answered.

What do you guys think of this?

Sounds like a great deal but I don't know much about Z's

tallahassee.craigslist.org/cto/5768029012.html

It's worth it.

>$2500
>less than 100k miles
>decent paint
>functional ac
>good interior
>rubber dash isn't cracked
>all original down to the factory cassette deck
>fucking minty fresh

Just make sure you get pics of the seats with the covers off to make sure they're not hiding rips.