Defend FWD

Defend FWD
>F1
>Rally
>LeMans
>Company Halo Cars

your going to throw up Lap Times of a 2016 FWD (focus RS) car vs a 1990s RWD car (NSX)

where is the FWD car that can beat a GTR or a Ford GT or Win F1

>tldr FWD a shit

>fwd has NEVER won lemans
Absolutely BTFO

my FWD car ferries me luxuriously to your mom's place of residence every night for acts of nightime affection so i'd say thats a good argument in support of it.

defend THIS

THE TRAGEDY OF THE CENTURY.

Btfo

They be good on twisty tarmac roads

The Focus RS is AWD you retard.

Aksi FWD DOMINATES 2WD rally where they specifically compete against RWD cars

Pic related won every single race of the 2004 Rally America season, including competing against new GTO's with more than double the power.

>Rally America

fite me cunt

best reply

awd obliterates fwd in rally. fwd is so shit they made a whole other class for it

FWD destroys RWD in rally though.

In rally, AWD > FWD > RWD.

my FWD car gets me from point A to point B comfortably, takes high revs nicely, doesn't spin out when I launch it, and takes corners surprisingly well due to its light weight and good factory suspension. and for a two-door, it has a decent space and is very practical for daily use

why would I ask anything more out of it

LAPTIMES LAPTIMES LAPTIMES LAPTIMES LAPTIMES LAPTIMES LAPTIMES LAPTIMES LAPTIMES LAPTIMES LAPTIMES LAPTIMES LAPTIMES LAPTIMES LAPTIMES LAPTIMES LAPTIMES LAPTIMES LAPTIMES LAPTIMES LAPTIMES LAPTIMES LAPTIMES LAPTIMES LAPTIMES LAPTIMES LAPTIMES LAPTIMES

This thing beat the WRC boys on Catalunya, it's FWD

in most cases, yeah
nice cherry pick

et tu, boyracer?

ITT:
>but muh my econo box is fun
>this one car, won this one race, once
>hot hatch fags

RWD and AWD remain the dominant "performance" platforms in the automotive world

enjoy your gas mileage

just as much as your mom enjoys her cock mileage

thanks buddy, I will! :^)

O W N E D
W
N
E
D

>motorkhana
>fwd

Honestly though why does a car have to be the fastest car in the world around a track to have fun in or enjoy?

You will never be schumacher nor will you ever have the fastest car...

You may as well just drive track dedicated open wheel race cars and forget about street cars / street based cars.

A FWD car has been on the overall podium of the last two events, meaning they were faster than dozens of more powerful AWD cars. One of them was a fucking automatic Rav4. FWD rally cars aren't nearly as noncompetitive as you believe.

They make classes for all different kind of cars.

That's why these threads are pointless.

>that time cars with the same hp and a ~250kg weight advantage won

They let's "special" Olympians have their own classes too

Why not just watch open wheel race cars then?

At the end of the day none of you will be Senna just because you have the fastest car...

I don't even know where to begin with comparing different classes of cars to the special Olympics.

It's so dumb that I don't know where to begin.

It's like saying a car has to be full carbon fibre with 1200hp to be a good car...

It's idiotic.

Special Olympics level dumb

Rally is to F1 as Cross Country is to Track and Field.

Both are high levels of competition just different.

FWD is allowing special needs people to run in those races against their own kind...just to let them feel like they participate

It's not made with high performance in mind. It's made as a platform for econoboxes. It's not really a valid argument to compare it in that way. It's like comparing the towing performance of a semi and a light truck. Light trucks will get btfoed all day obviously.

But by that logic any car that is slower than an f1 or all carbon fibre 1200hp beast is a special Olympian.

But idiots post FWD lap times all the time....

It's like if light truck owners bragged about their towing in a thread about semi trucks

No, normal people exist
But they don't compete

When you go into any competition you aknowledge that certain body types excel

FWD starts every competition with a natural handicap

That's a valid point as well. They are pretty dumb if they think they can compete at higher power levels. I've tried to explain split traction to Honda fags and they just don't have the capacity to understand it.

FWD cars are inherently lighter than other platforms.

Exactly but that doesnt mean that they can't be fun and sometimes they even beat rwd cars despite their handicap.

RR is lighter

The bmw and Audi are about to lap the Honda.

Can't argue with those trips user. I'm selling my FWD shitbox tomorrow.

No one's saying handicapped people aren't sometimes fun

If we had Veeky Forums 18+, we wouldn't have these threads.

Once you grow up and grow out of the frat phase you realize drive train only matters during winter and off road if you live in in rural areas.

None of those race series feature production automobiles. My 1994 civic eg with a few simple mods however can kill rwd "sports cars" on a track day?

If we had 18+ there wouldn't be any fwd fags to worry about

You speak like a minor, are you perhaps not 18+ yet?
Can't you even follow simple rules?

Read Rule #2