youtube.com/watch?v=c19kn3drdFU
youtube.com/watch?v=MKCoaAWgPHA
i.imgur.com/s2ilwfk.gif
youtube.com/watch?v=osNluWPOpJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=HADpy9bF2U4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No you

i was thinking one for each wheel

Works in theory but I'd hate to what happens when on of those ring ring gears decides to go.

......talk about a mechanical headache

> keeping this thing oiled unless it's mounted with the pistons facing up
> 2 or 3x the bearings
> gears have to withstand the entire force of combustion without any smoothing from flywheel

>a weapon to surpass Metal Gear

Like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=c19kn3drdFU

how about this?

>Gear-driven flywheel
>6 individual cylinder heads

Nope.

Not even once.

I mean, Boxer engines are basically that only opposed. If you can find a way of mating it to a gearbox and conveniently fit it inside an engine bay then yeah.

> 10 yards square of bearing surface
> probably runs on pre mix
> friction losses

why dont we just build flame eater cars?

youtube.com/watch?v=MKCoaAWgPHA

> what fuels the flame
> not even a fraction of the power used in the flame makes it to the tires compared to a regular engine
Might work if the fire is some sort of nuclear reaction

why not a duke engine?
i.imgur.com/s2ilwfk.gif

>mfw it was real and flew in planes
marchetti radial

I find this rather arousing.

AC compressor

> Spider gears

L-lewd!

>0.2hp/l
They're cool as a desktop knick-knack but they make no torque at all.
Here's one powering a canoe:
youtube.com/watch?v=osNluWPOpJ0

>stirling engine powered canoe

Not the same as a flame-licker engine, m80 pot80

This fucking hurts my brain

>explain how this could be put into a car

Air sacs in birds allow air to flow in just one direction through their lungs, known as ‘unidirectional’.

This means that air coming through the lungs is mostly fresh and has a high oxygen content.

In mammals air flow is ‘bidirectional,’ which means it moves back and forth into and out of the lungs.

This means air in a mammal’s lungs is mixed with ‘old air’, which has less oxygen.

For this reason, birds are able to fly at a higher altitude than mammals as they can get more oxygen from the thin air.

Now me and the mad scientist have to rip apart the block and replace the piston rings you fried!

If you thing that one would be fun to tear down look up the deltic diesel engine

Dude this is a blue board.

I was thinking how memetacular it would be put swap one of these into a riced-out RX-7.

Unf

One for each wheel

Imagine the launch

explain how the valves/heads work on this

I dont how but you can put almost any engine in any vehicle

i see a man doing pull ups

For some reason, I bet this would work well with an Atkinson-type cycle where the compression stroke only compresses a partial amount of air volume compared to the whole cylinder.

Thing thing that bugs me about this- the little driveshaft or axle part coming off each piston and crank is only supported on the outside. So the force from each piston stroke will be multiplied like a lever and it is going to wreck bearings unless there is a way to support them really well from the inside.

I never understood the purpose of the Atkinson cycle. What makes a higher displacement Atkinson cycle engine better than a lower displacement Otto cycle?

youtube.com/watch?v=HADpy9bF2U4

Let's redefine "dorito"

The gears still get smoothed out by the flywheel connected tot he main ring gear. It's just now you have gear teeth which have to bear the load and dampening, rather than a solid crank.

You can say that again.

Let's redefine "unreliable"

Let's redefine "anal beads"

>3 crankshafts

That looks ridiculous. How shitty would that thing be to ride?

You leave the Megola alone

The cylinders would have to be much more smaller.

Hook the spinning thing to the transmission

/thread

What if we gave this a really short stroke and a high compression, I want to see how much power this can put out

Imagine the weight and handling

>maybe if it had less cylinders and a small displacement
>why not just a wankel for each wheel

See R-2800 Double Wasp for upper power limits

>tfw no air cooled radial powered shitbox
Is there any way to make this work
A tiny five cylinder 1.6l radial would be a fucker of a hatch motor.

If i recall correctly you can't stand still with this thing and it's recommended to drive around in circles at a red light

Obviosly very few people have ridden it (there are 10 left) but most reports say it's very nice to ride because the center of gravity is so low.

It would easily fit in the boot on the drive to the rubbish dump.