What does Veeky Forums think of the C33 Nissan Laurel?

What does Veeky Forums think of the C33 Nissan Laurel?

Only true 4-door hardtop that I know of. No b-pillars, no problems.

Other urls found in this thread:

jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5764977266.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>only 4 door hardtop I know of
Are you willfully retarded?

These plebs wont understand that a hardtop sedan in Japan is one that doesn't have a B-pillar.

They're pretty cool, the guy I bought my 86 off of had one with a 1jz in it, super cool.

Quite a few old american cars were pillarless.

I said 'that I know of'... must be a grand old time calling everyone on the internet retarded.

We now what it means. This might upset your feeble weeb mind but US automakers built millions of 4 door hard tips in the fifties and sixties

If you knew about any cars other than Japanese cars from the 80s and forward you realize how retarded your statement was. If you even google 4 door hardtop you get millions of results

They even had 4 door hardtop station wagons

I just purchased one with an SR20 swap but it won't be here for a few months.

They're pretty similar to S13s, if you want to slide they're great. I prefer them to S13s. Like a nissan JZX90.

I really don't give a fuck whatsoever. kys

>this assmad

Id rather a R31

I don't get why people camber the rear wheels, it just reduces traction. Cambering the front wheels actually has a purpose, to make the corner much better.

To make the car corner* my bad

cuz it looks cool senpai, all about style nigguh

You cunts are also forgetting about the R31 Passage.

>race cars have zero degrees of rear camber
Okay

Hey to each their own, right?

Beat me to it. They kick ass.

i never said, just on a street car it has no purpose. You're not flying into corners like you would on the track, so you don't have to worry about the roll.

I know a bit about the platform and I've done a lot of research. Suspension is s13, and the floor plan is same as a31 and r32 sedan so I can get a cage that fits those other cars too. Should be fun. I already know SR's pretty well also. It's missing some interior parts though so sourcing small stuff is going to get expensive being in America.

Like them

Actually going to be gauging interest soon on a 89 Laurel Medalist Club-L with the RB20DET and 58,000 original kilometers. Only downside is it's an automatic.

RB25 swapped S13 hatchback owner here.

C33 owns. Anything stock RB is cool and good for the most part if you're willing to do your own work to keep it running. C33 is the best Laurel variant aesthetically. A lot of people in the USA sleep on this car but any true drifting enthusiast that actually drives irl and not some videogame knows these cars are extremely legit. You can slide them around with ease much like a S14 so if performance is a concern I wouldn't worry about it.

I personally like the boxy sedan style. Has a luxury vibe to it that an experienced driver can appreciate when they find themselves rising above their drift missile phase. RBs sound wonderful and if you dial them back for low end daily driving they aren't nearly as unreliable as people give them credit for so long as you take care of them. The main problem with them is you have to be willing to deal with the majority of the problems yourself which can be time consuming. I can count the number of garages in my area that I would ever consider taking them into on one hand.

Like Skylines, some people go so far as to swap SR-20s into them but honestly if you are importing a Laurel you are likely already ready to deal with RBs financially or ready to learn how to work on them.

>tfw you will never live in Japan and drive a C33 Laurel with the 2 liter straight six for tax purposes but smuggle a larger block from the same family into it like the sneaky fucker you are

what the fuck is this? i need it in my body

Why not just import it?

Also forget about Japan
>narrow roads
>high yearly taxes on cars (esp. on high displacement cars)
>strict vehicle inspection
>parking costs can be very expensive in big cities

forgot strict law enforcement and low speed limits everywhere

cars without a b pillar are some of the most beautiful ever made but few and far between

Your fucking Nissan can eat shit.

Datsun had a pillar-less 4 door in the 70's

And then they immediately abandoned them as soon as the slightest challenge arose with 70s crash standards.

Does that make any difference? Japan abandoned them too eventually.

I have a C32 Laurel hardtop that I drive daily. It's pretty cool looking and comfy as hell. But that RB20e is awful. The C33 has so many parts available on yahoo auctions compared to the C32.

fuck yes

Mercedes-Benz never abandoned hardtop coupes at least and even engineered them compliant with US laws unlike Detroit.

Yeah m8 but we're talking about 4 door hardtops which are 1000x as hard to engineer

It's a 1957 Oldsmobile

Yeah, but American cars are shit lmao

There's one for sale right by me.
jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5764977266.html
I've seen it in person.
I'm really tempted to buy it and go
>smaller intercooler
>front bumper back on
>increase boost
>manual swap
>clean it up
>have dank sleeper

Looks like a piece of shit

>Says Nissan can eat shit
>Posts picture of another Nissan

Also
>blitz intercooler
>ARC painted on it
Fucking kek ricer fag

>jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5764977266.html

That's very expensive for someone's project car. You can find imports like this that are much cleaner and fully functional builds for only 1-2k more.

Don't spend more than 5k on this thing and THAT'S if you're really desperate to own one this year.

Yeah this

I'm and only going to look for $8500

Are you looking through the JC importer in Virginia? They have Laurels every now and then that are clean as fuck. The only other one like it I've seen online lately is on ebay. Both are automatic iirc but desu it doesn't matter unless you want to drift it immediately which can wait if you're serious about proper ownership.

that "desu" was a very embarrassing typo, sorry lmao

No it's in Japan at a small dealer, I'd be looking to sell it to someone in the states

That's cool. Until S15s and R34s become available after the better part of a decade, I expect to see more and more Americans discovering and appreciating the Laurel as every remaining 240sx and Silvia related import is eventually crashed into oblivion.

I think they're neat cars. They're the luxury love child of a R32 sedan and S13. The pillarless design is cool, Nissan gave them a unique key like they were doing for most of their cars, and I think they look great.

>every remaining 240sx and Silvia related import is eventually crashed into oblivion.
There are no clean ones on any cl near me and it makes me so sad. I want to get a slightly beat up one and try to make it into a good daily drifter, but even that seems unreasonable.
I wish S14s were just a little less expensive.