Why does it trigger truckfags so hard?

Why does it trigger truckfags so hard?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GJZVUnOduH4#t=73
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it lets them admit that trucks are now for yuppies

It has that crossover vibe to it but I'm fixed on getting on once I get to my home in California.

why would you do that?

They don't want to face reality

It looks like a minivan with the rear cabin cut off and I hate minivans.

Because I think it's a sensible purchase. I never do too many offroading and I own an IT repair business so little tech should be carried here and there and this vehicle seemed a cool choice.

the other part dummy

Because it's a minivan with a truck bed.

What if it rains when you have servers in the back?

Though I admit it would have been useful for when I bought that full rack

Minivan owners haul more shit than truck owners

That wasn't the question

You never asked a question

OP did, dickhole.

Yea, cause minivans tend to have little shits shitting themselves in there than in trucks.

What does my response to you have to do with OP's question?

Nothing. That's why I said that wasn't the question. Don't you have some crayons to eat?

You have no use for a truck then

Most people don't

10k too expensive for what it is. Hyundai is gonna eat their lunch when they come out with the santa cruz

A panel van seems like a better choice then any truck

It would be pretty damn hard making a truck that seats 5 with a nice interior for $20k

its amazing how much hate a single shitty looking pickup can generate. it kinda reminds of of those shitty small suvs europeons love so much except this is the pickup version of one

>What if it rains when you have servers in the back?
>rain
>in California
Don't tease me user

bro truck owners refuse to admit that pickup trucks are for insecure yuppies now, they don't want to face the fact that owning a stupid truck doesn't make them a man

riding higher is cool and trucks look cool. its not all about utility

desu i mostly use the bed of my truck to put the tailgait down, lay down in there, and go tanning on my lunch breaks

Because unless you are a farmer this can do everything you would ever want to do, while also being practical and economical than much larger trucks.

because secretly they know it's all the truck they need and they opt for the hd shit instead to hide their crippling insecurity

That wasn't the question

honda's trucks have never done it for me. there is always something off about them

big fan of toyotas though

Because they're doing to trucks what they did to SUV's: Neuter the fuck out of them to where they're no long usable as they were intended.

Fucking Normies and not knowing what a car is for.

Good thing they aren't a car.

Because the old one was a Unibody. Honda had a LOT of potential when they came out with the Ridgeline, but instead they made a faggot Subaru Baja/ Explorer SportTrac thing. Plus, they were FRONT WHEEL DRIVE, something you Veeky Forums faggots can't stfu about, so of course the Honda trucks sucked.

>trucks aren't cars

>need space
>don't need to go off-road
So buy a wagon or a hatchback. Why the fuck would you spend $30k on a fake pickup truck that looks like an Odyssey? Also, do you really plan on putting IT equipment in the bed?

Cause sitting on the floor is for dick-suckers. Trucks are nice cause you sit up high for visibility. Cars are for manlets.

What's annoying is the fact that all the reviews people have of it claim its the best thing to ever happen to pickup trucks.

Even though not a single person actually tows anything or pushes it hard.

>BUT IT HAS A TRUNK SO ITS SO MUCH BETTER XD

>Even though not a single person actually tows anything or pushes it hard.
THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS TRUCK YOU IDIOT

Then why the FUCK would you buy a glorified minivan if you ARENT GOING TO USE IT LIKE A TRUCK

dude a minivan? forreal?

cant be a dude driving a minivan bro thats a clear signal you are completely cucked by your wife

Trolls keep calling it a minivan, but it's more structurally rigid than any of your flappy BOF trucks. There is literally closed box frame integrated to body with welds, not a couple of bolts and the rest of the bed is designed to be an additional structure of the unit.

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GJZVUnOduH4#t=73

The ridgeline is a mini van with a truck bed.

Which means in a side impact on the box the unibody will be F-U-C-K-E-D. Then you'll be chopping out and welding in new supports. I seriously doubt these trucks will be repairable in a half decent accident.

And yes, it's a minivan with an open back. Thats all it is. Idiots can call it whatever they want, but at the end of the day it can't do shit.

>y-y-y-yea but w-w-w-what about -s-s-salvage
Yeah but what about your life?
BTFO

Who actually has been triggered by this?

Other than a few examples here of people counterpointing, nobody thinks it's a bad thing. Most of us wouldn't buy it. But obviously there's a market for it outside of Veeky Forums.

I can see the draws of it; man gets a "truck" and the mother of the children gets a smaller, 4 door vehicle. She feels safe carrying her little mistakes around and he feels good that he can move out at any time without renting a van.

Everyone I know who owns a truck uses it at least once a week in a way that necessitates a truck (bed, towing power). However, I'd be lying to say this thing couldn't do 85 or 90 percent of those once a week tasks. The other 10 percent could probably be managed in other ways (making two trips etc).

What's the price of this thing, anyways?

Considering a box on frame pickup is so fucking easy to repair, or better yet replace, it means a signifigant impact on the box wont write the whole truck off. You undo 6-8 bolts and remove the box, and either find a replacement or make up a flatbed. I don't think you can do that with a "Superior" unibody design, but whatever floats your goat, suburbanite.

Nice try hiding your triggered state truckfag.

Truth is this truck has just made your glorified grocery hauler obsolete. But you can always hang a pair of plastic truck balls, and make it just as manly as your rusty shitbox.

>at the end of the day it can't do shit.
which is fine because 85% of truckfags don't do shit. if you don't tow over 4,000 pounds or offroad weekly then you don't need any more truck than the Ridgeline. Everyone thinks they need a 1/2 ton Z-71 or crew cab Raptor even though they dd it to an office and don't haul anything

This is literally only a problem if you live in a South East Asian country or you can't afford insurance.
>it'll be a wright off in a decent accident
Any more redundant points you wish to raise?

I drive a non-rusted focus and a bike at the moment; doubt the truck balls would really "work" on either. I have no use for a truck of any size right now.

Your projections have been noted nonetheless.

>le "nurmies ruin everything I started liking 2 months ago" meme

Bernie didn't win the election, we buy what we want

BoF-fags BTFO

What's the point of BoF pickup truck being repaired after a serious side collision if you're not alive to give a shit?
The Honda has a reinforced unit body with far better side crash protection than the classic wagon-on-kart design.

The new Ridgeline actually looks nice and probably the comfiest truck I've ever driven.
I would still get a Tacoma over it though.

>i think people dont use their trucks right and thats bad

k

>Brand new minivan with a box
>Get in an accident after a month
>Get half of what you paid for it because its not worth repairing it and you can't do it yourself

Any points you'd like to raise? I mean, insurance is great on paper, but realistically you aren't getting a brand new minivan if your old one is junk.

I've probably been driving trucks longer you've been alive.

At one point you could take any 'SUV' on the market off road and be able to make it back with something hitting the undercarriage.

How many SUV's can say that now?

Fuck

Without Something hitting the undercarriage*

not him but that hurts bad
the one thing about 3rd world is all the old suvs that trample down terrain

>thats a clear signal you are completely cucked by your wife
so is driving a Ridgeline

>what's the price of this thing anyway?
More expensive than an F-150. Which completely eliminates the purpose of buying one in the first place

The truck bed is useful for people to have even if u don't usee it every single day

It only comes in DCSB

>FWD

two words

Ford
Transit

get one of those instead, i'm legit looking at one for my mom because she needs a van with high headroom because wheelchair

because moms who didn't know what a birth controll pill buy them

but you're right, most guys buy trucks for status symbols, honestly, if you're gonna buy a truck, but don't haul anything, and you're single, buy a fucking ranger instead, way better on gas and they don't make you look like a micro-dick

we can buy what we fucking want, you have no use for a vehicle at all if you spend most of your days shitposting on a taiwanese sock-puppet site

you can take an uber or, god forbid, the public bus

Actually most rangers don't get much better MPG than F150's with 302's........

transverse engine and FWD until the wheels spin in a SUV or truck is gay as hell. cue Ford Escape, Honda Ridgeline, etc

still, it doesn't make you look like a micro-dick

Most truck owners get the crew cab so they can haul their little shits around while pretending to still be manly

I just bought a 00 4runner limited 2wd. does this make me a cuck? i'm a single male, 26

true story, i work next to an elementary school, was out on my break and i hear an argument, another parent was getting in a guys face while picking his daughter up, because he had a turbo diesel f-150 (ironically, diesel trucks get 25-30mpg) and she was saying that "your truck idles hard, it's worse for the environment" "ma'am, i actually use bio-diesel in this thing" "why do you even have a truck? you don't haul anything!!!" "it's not your say what i can spend my money on" "yes it is!, i'm part of the city council!" "good for you" "you are contributing to climate change" "okay, and?" "i'm going to report you to the carbon tax beureu" "do it" and he left

The triggering has been doubled!

>FWD

so, it's basically a Honda Pilot with a truck bed, okay.

If it weren't for the Chicken tax, I would totally own one of these

>VAG trash

I'm getting a Nissan Rogue for utility AND everything else nice - fuck you, why would you need anything more?

but paying the same for less does.