So I know V8 swapping an RX-7 turns it into a Corvette

So I know V8 swapping an RX-7 turns it into a Corvette,
But will SR20DET swapping (or even 2JZ-GTE swapping) it ruin the spirit of the RX-7?
tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/5726391903.html

And yeah I wouldn't buy this one, especially for that price. But I've seen others.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Ecotec_engine
youtube.com/watch?v=e-N4KLq0vQk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes. You should swap an rotary vehicle engine with another rotary or experimental engine.

No standard pistons is the name of the game.

nice hot air intake lel

Holy shit move your CAI

Yes

Why do people buy rotary cars and get rid of the rotary? That's what makes it a RX7. Swapping it out just proves you're a lazy and shitty mechanic.

>spirit of the RX-7
>no rotary

pick one

i don't get it that concept is perfectly feasible

Swapping is plain retarded as its always easier and waay cheaper to build a rotary

Where was he going with that intake? There's not even a hood inlet

ECOTEC
C
O
T
E
C

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Ecotec_engine

GM has a parts list / build guide for any power level you could want. 300-1500hp

Team Brunet youtube.com/watch?v=e-N4KLq0vQk

Same ecotec fag here, If your actually into engines check them out. 6 bolt mains, integral girdle, beautiful crank, great head design.

I have seen a corvette with an ecotec swap that demolished an rx7 at the autocross.

Drop a plane engine in it.

Someone saw RCR too i see.

Like he said: People who buy an RX7 do it because its a rotary. Not to engine swap it.

Why not do a 4 rotor if you've got the cash, more rotors=more fun and you keep the rx7 spirit

what is efficiency

Who cares about efficiency

It's stupid expensive and/or difficult to add more rotors.

Ayy fellow tulsa bro

26B 4 rotors are indeed an expensive endeavor.

however 20B 3 rotors are relatively obtainable and not out of reach financially.

They are like 5k an engine alone. Add the cost of adding all the other parts it gets expensive. And that's only if you can find the engine.

Engine swaps aren't cheap regardless of choice if you want them done right, the cost of needed fabricated/premade parts is inherent. Also personally I don't feel 5K is a lot for a standalone 20B, given it being JDM only.

If your looking for bang per buck, then yeah maybe it might not be your best choice but with the RX-7 I think it's worth putting more money into a 20B anyways.