What is this ecoboost meme?

What is this ecoboost meme?

I'm an unbiased user and when I looked into "ecoboost" all I found was a 6 cylinder engine with a turbocharger made by Ford. Is there something I'm missing here? I also noticed this engine was used in a couple cars that won some credible races, but those engines were tuned and built with tens of thousands of dollars worth of extra strong/light parts. Those racing engines aren't the same engines available on the consumer grade car models.

EcoBoost is revolutionary new technology, only available from Ford.

What technology is new and/or revolutionary about EcoBoost?

>made by Mazda
>ruined by ford
ftfy

nothing. it's just their buzzword for using turbos

Tl;dr: EcoBoost is a brand name by Ford that most people here thought was dumb marketing. A notorious (and really annoying) troll here basically spammed every thread with pictures of EcoBoost engines saying they were the best thing ever because the GT-R shitposts got old. Naturally, people here took the bait and it basically ruined every thread with EcoBoost arguments. Now its a meme.

Tbh, EcoBoost isn't awful, but lets not pretend that a turbo V6 is revolutionary new technology that beats a N/A V8 at everything.

it's marketing. some anons on this board fell for it.

just like SKYACTIV and other badges that get slapped all over cars

skyactiv has more too it though. Its a whole design philosophy. From the chassis to the engine to the trans to the seats to the materials used on the dash. The whole thing makes sense. But then most people dont understand that and just call it marketing...

This. It's amazing tech

Skyactiv is take a engine, raise the compression to the breaking point and say.... look at those mpg's

well you're ignorant then and dont know what you're talking about

But it's actually not. Like the previous user said, it was a platform design philosophy. Ecoboost is just a marketing term for a turbocharged engine.

>to the seats to the materials used on the dash
seriously?

sure, call it weight reduction or "gram strategy" or whatever. but calling using different materials on the dash SKYACTIV technology is marketing bullshit

it's more about trying to burn through the fuel as cleanly as possible

just read through the wiki
>direct injection
>multi hole injectors
>4-2-1 headers
>atkinson cycle diesel engines
>glow plugs in small passenger cars

also the transmissions have a multi-plate clutch in tandem with a torque convertor

also, they bought hybrid tech from toyota to use in their future cars

skyactiv is something qualifiable

ecoboost is a buzzword

Ecoboost is something most Ford fangirls like to gloat about because it obliterated a bunch of sport cars, including the Corvette and McLaren. Big whoop, I'd like to see Ford actually make a real functioning engine that won't shit itself.
Other than that,
>ford a shit

>it obliterated a bunch of sport cars, including the Corvette and McLaren
more like obliterated itself

Usually these eco things are a button that you press which tells the ECU to stop rapid acceleration. Then you can hammer the pedal and the car won't go anywhere.

it's an unfunny meme spouted ad-nauseam by a guido knuckle-dragger

you're fucking retarded...
you cant even follow what was written. Good job on being a failure at life. Enjoy your knock off mazda... i mean ford

>gm fangirls got triggered again

>gm can't compete with a broken V6
Lmfao

>mazda
>making anything good
kek. get your shitboxes outta here

you're a moron. Its purely placebo effect as the reports on muh empeegee says. good job eating mazdas shit.

Post a statistic that proves mazda is number 1 in mpg, oh wait you cant

rotflmao

>instigators with no real argument
good job being terrible at lfe

As someone who actually owns an EcoBoost, pic related, let me redpill you on these engines:

Pros:
>lots of torque
>with a great torque curve (more of a table than a curve)
>decent fuel efficiency

Cons:
>no catch can means carbon build up
>sounds like shit

Otherwise their completely unremarkable, average engines.

if you want a real answer the actual philosophy behind it was to make as much, if not more power and torque as the previous engines while using less cylinders and lower displacement to theoretically improve fuel economy, achieved by designing engines with small turbochargers and direct-injection. the F150 and Expedition went from a 5.4L V8 to a 3.5L V6, the Escape and Fusion went from a 3.0L V6 or a 2.5L I4 to a 2.0L I4 or a 1.6L I4, and the Focus and Fiesta are both available with a 1.0L I3 though admittedly that one doesn't seem to sell for shit.

anyway I apologize for trying to come up with a legitimate response rather than just blatantly shitposting the same garbage that everyone says here every day.

>the Focus and Fiesta are both available with a 1.0L I3 though admittedly that one doesn't seem to sell for shit
It's pandering to yurocucks so hard it's not even funny. Gotta hit that lowest tax bracket!

I though Ecoboob was only on the I4

>a turbo v6 doesn't beat an NA V8
Sure as hell spanked that supercharged V8

yeah it was a sad attempt for sure. especially since it's only available with a manual. the people in the US who still want a manual don't want a 1 liter.

Isn't this the engine for a Ford S-Max Galaxy?

How does this relate to eco boost?

Which is the biggest meme Ecoboost or VTEC (yo)?

>"1st"
K E K
E
K

vtec was actually original

Shiiiiet I would rather have a Mazda than a Ford

What is lemans
> inb4 hur dur in furds favur

Ecoboost is a dumb forced meme. VTEC is funny because honda boys in their civics thought it was insanely good and talked about it a lot.

Why does every American sports car catch on fire?