Are there any crossovers Veeky Forums likes?

Are there any crossovers Veeky Forums likes?

I'm not a woman or nu male, so no

Why do people hate crossovers, again?

Drives like a car, but also has a large interior space. What's not to like?

I unironically like BMW X series crossovers and Volks Touregs
Most of the designs take everything that makes me wish it was 20 years ago again and then expands on it.

I think you mean

drives like an suv while being less useful than an suv

Most crossovers somehow manage to have less interior room (headroom mostly) than a sedan.

Can't go offroad
Don't really handle because lifted car
Can't tow shit
Pigfat and heavy for no reason.
Shitty FWD biased AWD

Pretty much the worst of all the worlds. Too bad we don't have more wagons available in North America.

>tfw no isuzu vehicross to hoon offroad

I've always asserted that the only cool crossover, and the only car that managed to achieve the crossover dream is the FX35/QX70 by Infiniti.

The new XC90 is a genuinely good-looking car, and is a real exercise in how smooth, clean lines and good proportions should be used in automobile design.

RIP

you're mom

I am indeed son, now go get some rest tomorrows a big day.

Can conform on the interior space

My family has had both a rav4 and camry, The camry has quite a bit more legroom, the trunk is pretty big too so storage room isn't that different either. There's nothing really the rav4 could do that the camry couldn't

aren't these the ranger based SUVs?

they are fucking amazing

I like my '99 RX300. As far as non-performance-oriented cars go, I much prefer it over a sedan.

I don't like SUVs because they're too large/obnoxious, and I have no use for offroad capabilities or 3 rows of seating.

>more practical cargo area
>more leg room in the back + no transmission hump
>smaller than today's compact sedans, and signicantly smaller than a mid-sized sedan, yet, much roomier inside

Depends, do you consider the AMC Eagle as an early version of the Crossover segment? If so, then AMC Eagle

the people who don't like them are also the people who don't like power steering or anything newer than 1995.

I'm looking for a new DD because I hate my CR-Vand I'm between an Edge and an Escape (I promise I'm not a massive Ford nuthugger but I work for them so it's convenient for me). I do lots of skiing which means I'm out in the mountains during bad conditions so I need AWD and some reasonable clearance but I also want something smallish because I live in downtown Denver. I like the Edge much better but haven't decided if it's worth the extra cost.

Anyone else waiting like a tiger for the Mazda CX-3 to come with a standard shift?

With the 6 speed transmission and high compression engine it gets great mileage

Aztec and first-gen Forester are objectively the only good Crossovers

Aztec isn't even that good but they're still fuckin awesome

Rav-4, CR-V are ok, more so with first gens of each

Get a Forester, don't know your budget but the 2nd gen XT with a manual is a pretty fucking great car

First gen is GOAT, it's what I have, living in Denver, and I couldn't be happier with it

Just have to be mindful of good maintenance and have the head gaskets replaced preventatively if you're paranoid

They kinda started to get worse after 3rd gen but even the 2016 is decent

Why would anyone buy the CX-3 over the mazda3

AWD is a big deal to some people, and finding a clean mazdaspeed 6 with AWD isn't easy

If it didn't have a dinky engine and paddles I'd be all over it

roomier car for passengers and cargo, without being a large car.

Subaru Forester?
I have one with 195k and going strong.

It has LESS space inside than the mazda3 hatch, believe it or not.

Early and superior version. Take a stationwagon and shove some Jeep underpinnings down there. Has space, actually off-roads. Lovely.

they sure know their target market

Are Elements technically crossovers? I like their interior design a lot, super convenient.

Cx-3 is based on the Mazda2 chassis. Same with the HRV (based on the fit vs. civic).

Pay more for less space.

Stay cucked crossover fags.

>interior space of a car
>maneuverabiltity of an SUV

what's the fucking point

>Merco-benz
Oh so you're a nigger

>BMW X series
Are these actually any good?

If you are a nigger I guess.
If not you just don't want a nigger car.

Honda Crosstour

He must feel every crack on that road

I drove my dads rav4 a bit last summer. Handling was ok, and he has the awd with the v6 which gave it plenty of power for a vehicle that size. I thought it made a good compromise between space and fuel economy. I could see getting one if I was moving multiple passengers regularly

>drives like a car
lmfao a crossoverfag who has never even driven a crossover kek

Driver black which means he's a...

crack addict

My grandma bought herself a 2013 Toyota CRV that doesn't look half bad, looks pretty comfy to ride in and probably already has that grandma smell by now

and by CRV I mean rav4

No, that's falcon based. The Everest is the Ranger SUV.

Territory is based for what it is, though.

>Most crossovers somehow manage to have less interior room (headroom mostly) than a sedan.
Unless you're talking about a Sedan that's far larger than the crossover you're comparing, that is the biggest load of shit I've ever read.
It's funny, that although these basically replaced the regular "car height" Falcon wagon, the high riding Territory rides and handles a hell of a lot less agriculturally than the Falcon wagon could ever hope to. Shame they were all automatic without exception.

where the love for the CR-V?

to be honest i'm confused why the hell Honda didn't take the running gear from the CR-V and shove it under a Civic.

and i thought the Hondafags on here woulda posted before now.

>The camry has quite a bit more legroom
Length ways, but that's a requisite with a lower seating position. Otherwise the leg room is just as accomidating in the Rav.
>the trunk is pretty big too so storage room isn't that different either
Camry=15.4 cubic feet.
Rav 4=38.4 cubic feet.
>There's nothing really the rav4 could do that the camry couldn't
Except be able to store much larger cargo, but has much greater access for cargo too. Seriously, sedans are the worst design for cargo access.

This is coming from someone who resents Rav 4s too.

>to be honest i'm confused why the hell Honda didn't take the running gear from the CR-V and shove it under a Civic.
Because then your Civic would be an Accord, genius.

It looks like a fat hatchback

I really like the MDX, SH-AWD made body roll almost non-existent and could sent all the power to the back wheels when I gunned it

Mazdas offerings are not that bad, if one were to buy a cx3 and drop it, you essentially have a awd Mazdaspeed 3

No the AMC eagle was a forerunner to the Subarus and Audi Quattros we see today

>Look you all, I'm projecting my nu male insecurities, please give me attention

You've just quoted people who hate crossovers.
Whether or not that was your intention, good job.

All the "crosdovers" Veeky Forums likes are just lifted awd wagons like and pic related

When does a wagon become a crossover you ask? When we don't like it.

≥the people who don't like them are also the people who don't like power steering or anything newer than 1995.

>Can't into reading comprehension

Could not be more compromised. They dont so anything well.

Fuel economy of a large engine, performance of a small engine

On road handling of a 4wd. Off road handling of a regular car.

Takes up the space of a large car, interior space of a small car

>Takes up the space of a large car, interior space of a small car
This is the exact opposite of the truth, as is the rest of your post.

I unironically like the Macan and the XC90

>dat V8
oh babby

Sure thing Helen

Gr8 post m8